Macro Palette Setups?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Macro Palette Setups?
Macro Palette Setups?
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2011-07-01 11:48:54
Link | Citer | R

I was wondering how other MNKs setup their macro palettes.

I've pretty much need to overhaul mine, as it's very outdated, and has just had stuff thrown into it since the cap was 75...

Currently:

C: Asuran Fists - Victory Smite - Victory Smite - Howling Fist - Dragon Kick - Switch to TP Set - Switch to PDT Set - Switch to MDT Set - blank - Shoulder Tackle

A: Boost - Impetus - Focus - Dodge - Chi Blast - Chakra - Counterstance - Perfect Counter - Utsusemi: Ichi - Utsusemi: Ni

Obvious problems, lack of Berserk, which I just manually type in... useless WS macros, clunky "in the middle" setup for gear swaps.. the two Victory Smite macros used to be lolRagingFists (dating back to KRT parties and making 3 way lights with other MNKs) and Ascetic's Fury.

I've had someone suggest using one macro for multiple abilites, such as...

- Focus and Aggressor: If I exclude the <wait> command, the first JA should take precedence over the second, without both going off?

- Including Boost in my WS macro... only applies to Victory Smite... chances are if I'm using any other WS, I'm trying to trigger blue... and don't really want to increase the WS damage. Only issue is, I'm not sure I trust <wait> in a WS macro, especially if it ties up my hand equipment slot and makes me WS in Tantra or Temple instead of Heafocs. As an example, if I use Dodge, then immediately hit Chakra, the equip swaps get messed up, and I wind up getting a 250 Chakra instead of 500-800. Maybe it's better to make the macro without any "wait", so tapping it twice will Boost first, then on the second time, it'll use the WS because the timer on Boost is down?

- Stacking JAs that share a timer, like Berserk, Counterstance and Impetus into one macro. Seems like a good idea, as it's a lot easier to remember to reapply Counterstance than it is Berserk or Impetus. Only flaw I can see with this is it might not be optimal to activate Berserk and Impetus at the same time. Same thing on this macro, I think I'd stay away from <wait>... and just press it two or three times...

Anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions?
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Serveur: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2011-07-01 11:58:25
Link | Citer | R

/item "Forbidden Key" <t>

that's all.

PWR!!

on a serious note... the /wait line still works but S.E. updated this a while ago so now after <t> or <me> you can follow with <wait 1> and then next JA or WS on the next line.

I have a WHM with Regen / cure / Haste / and 3 other magic on same line. I don't have any advise on MNK at this time.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2011-07-01 12:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Tested a macro like:

/ja Focus <me>
/ja Aggressor <me>

First pressing of it, Focus went off... second pressing, it said "unable to use job ability" and Aggressor didn't go off...

Then I tried...

/ja Focus <me> <wait1>
/ja Aggressor <me>

And it used both abilities... damn, I was hoping there was a way around this... any ideas?
 Siren.Skywarp
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Skywarp 2011-07-01 13:06:46
Link | Citer | R

yea ditch 1/2 the WS macros since u arnt using them normally. you and i both know u use victory smite.90% of the time and when the others are needed u can simply manually use them. that free up macro space.
By AsuraVanzan 2011-07-01 13:17:59
Link | Citer | R

Kinda redundant and clunky but I have 3 lines of macros set for asuran, tornado and fury.

Contr. TP TP WS WS <actual WS here> VIT VIT Chak EVA EVA
All macros are the same except WS WS <actual WS here>. Fairly streamlined but actually still kinda clunky but they work. I have all slots except the top lines <weapons n such> in each macro so it takes me 2 macros to do one thing and then another to actually weapon skill lol. But I've done it wrong so long that I can time my lag. Obviously spellcast would be the ultimate but I don't understand it so I just do the best I can.

I use ALT for all of my /ja. One macro slot per ability with all applicable gear changes to and from with /wait timers. Oh, I use separate lines for separate /sub. Like war subjob /ja are on one line. DNC /ja are on another and so on. Windower timers let me know when timers are up and down.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2011-07-01 13:19:30
Link | Citer | R

I think maybe I should just pair Acc/Att JAs into a macro, since I have one of each...

Macro 1:

/ja "Impetus" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Aggressor" <me>

Macro 2:

/ja "Focus" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Berserk" <me>

This will pair JAs I have gear swaps for with JAs I don't have gear swaps for... prevents gear swaps from failing. Also, if I'm not subbing WAR, those macros aren't wasted... I can choose whether or not to pair Impetus and Focus....
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-01 13:23:44
Link | Citer | R

My typical macro palette varies dependent on the job but follows a typical scheme. I'll try and shoe-horn MNK into it rq.

C1: TP/Recast Macro (/echo TP: <tp> Job Name / Job Palette; /recast "Utsusemi: Ni"; /recast "Utsusemi: Ichi"; /recast "Perfect Counter"; /recast "Counterstance"; /recast "Chi Blast"
C2: Counterstance
C3: Focus/Impetus (Berserk would go here.)
C4: Perfect Counter
C5: Chakra
C6: Blank
C7: PDT Off
C8: Kite Set Off
C9: TP Gear
C0: Chi Blast

A1: Utsu Ni
A2: Alternate WS
A3: Primary WS
A4: Utsu Ichi
A5: Impetus
A6: Blank
A7: PDT On
A8: Kite off
A9: WS Gear
A0: Usually reserved for provoke or ranged slot, but MNK is kinda devoid of both unless /WAR.

I also have a different palette for every SJ, so obviously this is geared toward /NIN.
By AsuraVanzan 2011-07-01 13:23:56
Link | Citer | R

Only way to really clean them up is for both of us to get and understand spellcast lol. Copy paste load done.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-07-01 14:21:24
Link | Citer | R

I combined focus and impetus into one, been happy with that. I also use job specific banks, freeing up some of your berserk and utsusemi conflicts. Oh, and I keep my gear swap macros (not ws, just for -pdt, etc) on a separate pallet as well.