Dhorme Khimaira /Apademak Farming And/or Buying

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Dhorme Khimaira /Apademak farming and/or buying
Dhorme Khimaira /Apademak farming and/or buying
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-11 18:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Helel said:
I'm really sick of people like aeronis assuming that people are using brews on NMs because they're "Hard." Every NM in abyssea is a total joke and 95% of the player population realizes that. People use brews for efficiency and simply because they can. 200k is an hour of cruor farming PER PERSON. If you can brew 6 apademaks in a row in less than two minutes, why the hell would you choose to fight them normally? Two minutes is less than your 30 minutes of fighting six.

P.S. You should have a THF for one of your DDs... otherwise you're wasting even more of your time.
Do you brew your Briareus x50 and Sobek x50 too? Because that would be the most "efficient" thing.

Phoenix.Kbizzle said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Actually, 95% of people who brew Apademak can't reliable kill it normally and definitely not within a reasonable time frame. It also takes longer to get the brew to kill them than to just kill them normally unless you have more than 2 accounts to have to brew.

Just sayin.

...huh?
He's accounting for the time needed to get 200k Cruor. Not that it's implying only 1 Apademak is killed per brew, but still.
 Cerberus.Kadia
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2011-07-11 18:37:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kbizzle said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Actually, 95% of people who brew Apademak can't reliable kill it normally and definitely not within a reasonable time frame. It also takes longer to get the brew to kill them than to just kill them normally unless you have more than 2 accounts to have to brew.

Just sayin.

...huh?

i think what he is saying is it would take longer to run to the curor prospector and buy a brew then run back and kill him with the brew(i think just1) than it would take to just kill him normally with a tank healer DD. ect.

Edit: or what Aeronis said...
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-07-11 19:03:21
Link | Citer | R

kbizzle said:
They are both pretty simple. Dhorme just tank him on his butt, he will really only use plague swipe which is nothing intimidating at all. Stun his Thunder spells. Low HP and his spells start to become AOE so take caution (completely managable). He can chain spell, and they SAY it's a timed thing, to which I call bulls***. I only see this guy CS when melee's start to swarm him. If it's just 1 tank on it, i feel like he never chainspells - just my opinion. Anyway having a fools drink/tonic/powder for emergencies is a good idea.

Just want to comment on this from my own personal experience with this guy, the only time I've seen him chainspell is when I've been trying to stun his spells. If I don't stun him at all, he doesn't chainspell, no matter how long he stays alive. With merited Shell 5 and barthundra with barspell merits and appropriate gear none of the spells will even drop you below 50% usually, I say just eat them, screw stun, chainspell can get nasty. Dhorme doesn't cast on himself to level up so if you have a WHM that isn't asleep or braindead I don't see any reason to stun him. I simply don't believe it's time based because discernment has been a *** lately and sometimes we'll have to cycle through every single weaponskill without messages and get red proc on the last possible one, so it stays alive for a decent amount of time. If anyone has seen it use chainspell without a single stun being cast on it please feel free to correct me, just stating what I believe based on what I've seen first hand.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mustangdave
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mustangdave 2011-07-11 20:11:16
Link | Citer | R

Considering my linkshell pretty much fell apart right as we completed everyone's 85 Empyrean's. I am stuck with the shout option to complete my 90 Kannagi. :( Which low manning isn't always reliable. Anyone know where you can efficiently solo Cruor farm? And what mobs? So I can brew Apademack down.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-07-11 20:22:21
Link | Citer | R

Vunkerl has good options for cruor farming, either the rabbits and puks near flux 6 or the imps and floating skulls at 7 if you can handle the magic damage. I've also tried the spiders and ladybugs by flux 5 but spiders link like crazy and if nobody's camping Iktomi he may link as well, but the mobs are super close together if you camp on the ramp. There's usually shout groups doing the bats and birds in Misareaux on my server so you could watch for shouts, but if you absolutely have to solo go for Vunkerl rabbits/puks. Uleguerand also has a decent camp at flux 7 between the spectators and the gears, just have to dodge the chariots floating around there.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [242 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-03-09 07:47:31
Link | Citer | R

why not take ppl that just wants the atma ?
I dont get why ppl that wants less of te treasure polls i a problem

i've got a lot of KI holders for the GF's almace run. that just wants the atma.

-- edit ---

i need to look at post dates >.<