users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Wanted Filter
Wanted Filter
 Ramuh.Tipiro
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Tipiro 2009-04-08 07:58:14
Link | Citer | R

It would be nice to be able to filter the Wanted items to exclude items with an Asking Price of 0. It seems to me that some people are using this feature as a personal list of items they'd like to have, and not just items they're looking to buy from someone (many are EX). I'm pretty sure Wanted is intended to be the opposite of the Bazaar.

I'd like to point out that you can use the Item Sets feature to make a list of your wanted items, which you can set to private if you want.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-08 08:28:48
Link | Citer | R

If they did that, people would just put the asking price at 1. Lol. I do agree with you however, but it doesn't take more than 2 seconds to see an actual price in the midst of all the 0s.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-08 08:34:33
Link | Citer | R

0's, from what I've seen, are a "Make an offer" type deal.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-08 08:35:31
Link | Citer | R

And another thing is, usually when someone wants something, they want people to KNOW they want it. It's not going to get any face time sitting in an Item Set.
 Ramuh.Tipiro
By Ramuh.Tipiro 2009-04-08 12:20:04
Link | Citer | R

Good points. I hadn't considered the 0 to mean they want to negotiate the price, but that certainly could be the case. I still find the EX items on the list a little odd.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-08 12:36:18
Link | Citer | R

Tipiro said:
Good points. I hadn't considered the 0 to mean they want to negotiate the price, but that certainly could be the case. I still find the EX items on the list a little odd.

I can give an example for the Ex items on the list. My social LS decided we wanted to start doing sky so we could get all of our members gear they never thought they would be able to get. We get a group of 18 people on a good day and have got just about everyone all the gear they need and have been doing this for 8-9 months (I think.) Now we only need 2 more people to get their Byakko's Haidate and everyone will have a pair, including people who can't equip them on any job yet (Thanks to my uber TH3 going 3/3 on those 2 weeks in a row!) So, instead of letting them drop into oblivion we could search out someone has them in their Wanted list and negotiate a price with them.
 Ramuh.Tipiro
By Ramuh.Tipiro 2009-04-08 13:10:18
Link | Citer | R

Ahh thanks for enlightening me! That's a great reason for them to be there. Apparently I was thinking about it very narrow-mindedly.

Well, sorry for the thread. Lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-08 13:31:00
Link | Citer | R

Indeed my less sells homam regularly now that pretty much all but 1 of us is 5/5