Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Dynamis Currancy swap
Dynamis Currancy swap
 Phoenix.Ceokitty
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: ceokitty
By Phoenix.Ceokitty 2011-06-15 12:22:58
Link | Citer | R

So I'm ever so slowy working on my 100k byne bills and I noticed a trend with where I go beat on things. I'm getting a metric arseload of coins compared to anything else. Almost on a 3:1 raito. Which tells me I'm obviously working on the wrong relic.

Out of curiosity is anyone out there working on something that needs a lot of coins and is willing to swap my coins for something else?
 Siren.Inuyushi
Serveur: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-15 12:49:43
Link | Citer | R

I'd swap bills for jadeshells with ya anytime! 1:1 yea?

Also, why dont you just sell the other currency to buy Bynes? Bynes are the cheapest, no?
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2011-06-15 12:52:07
Link | Citer | R

Just go farm beau, get your TE, go beat on the quadavs. They only drop bynes. Win.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-15 12:54:15
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Crunkie said:
Just go farm beau, get your TE, go beat on the quadavs. They only drop bynes. Win.

Not to derail this, but how do most people handle the Eye time extension by Nue's tower? Anyone else randomly get agro'd by the shadows up there? The other four TE's were nice and easy.
By BorealisV2 2011-06-15 12:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Inuyushi said:
Ragnarok.Crunkie said:

Not to derail this, but how do most people handle the Eye time extension by Nue's tower? Anyone else randomly get agro'd by the shadows up there? The other four TE's were nice and easy.

Never had any random aggro, the pull can be annoying at times simply because the eye likes to orbit 4 fomor in a corner half the time. Other times I'll go up there and it's floating next to the ramp nowhere near another mob. ***'s random.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-15 13:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Yea, idk what was happening. It could've been sneak wore without them seeing. I had no trouble just my friends did. If you die in those things though it's just about game over =/ But yea that eye can be a pain.

GL on your bill swap man. Personally I would just sell the coins for more than the bills and go buy bills with that cash!
 Asura.Krebons
Serveur: Asura
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2011-06-15 13:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Inuyushi said:
I'd swap bills for jadeshells with ya anytime! 1:1 yea?

Also, why dont you just sell the other currency to buy Bynes? Bynes are the cheapest, no?

So um... Why would he 1:1 if they are the cheapest?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-15 13:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Sarcasm?
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-15 14:08:09
Link | Citer | R

I was just trolling. The second comment was my legit suggestion.
 Phoenix.Ceokitty
By Phoenix.Ceokitty 2011-06-15 14:38:25
Link | Citer | R

I should perhaps clarify.

I'm working on getting the 100k, but i'm still working on shells as well. I more put this out as a potental feeler to see if there was any interest.

My primary interest was shells as I'm fairly sure I can solo bastok with my pocket whm and some creative pulling. And after experiancing windurst... I'd rather grind bastok and buy shells than the bills. That place is just unpleasent for low manning.

But I'm currently sitting in xarc most days as I have a spot that's easy to pull monks\rangers\thiefs, and the occasional NM pop for potental 100 peices.

As for the purchasing bills\shells. Been keeping my eye out for them, however I'm not desperate enough to fork out the 10-15k for the bills or 15-20k i've seen a lot of the shells go for in most of the bazzars I've wandered across.

And for the joking about 1:1 for bills.. Well once I finish the shells off, I very well may consider that just to get it done depending on how a deal is made and how close to finishing I am.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-15 14:45:18
Link | Citer | R

Best of luck to you Ceo. Bastok can be tricky for some TE. Now when you say the 100K do you mean the 10,000 Byne Bill? Or 100 Singles to make a 100 Byne Bill?

And if I was doing Dynamis daily (workin my way to it) I would be willing to swap 1:1 with ya if you had the right stuff. But not the same server! GL~
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-06-15 14:49:59
Link | Citer | R

Just RA the eye and run back to the ramp? It doesn't link.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2011-06-15 14:59:02
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Inuyushi said:
Ragnarok.Crunkie said:

Where the eye is I just wait til its clear pull and there is a corner there to the left of the eye that gets no aggro. I pull it there and kill it np with no links.
 Phoenix.Ceokitty
By Phoenix.Ceokitty 2011-06-15 14:59:26
Link | Citer | R

The 10,000 bill. got a growing stash of the 100's as it is. I'm doing it daily and I can generaly change in one 100 peice of a currancy a day doing xarc. I'm currently estimating roughly 4 months at my current rate, assuming I can exchange the coins for shells, and then bills. Also depends on if i can get my camp spot or have to use one of the backups that don't have as many pops.

As for the eye I follow it till it's somewhere safe (usually near the ??? near by to the ne) or the south cliffs and ranged it with a throwing item.

It's why I prefer xarc, as you waste a full TE just getting to and from the bloody eye.
I also already have my attestation and my fragment so I have no need to do that zone aside from a change of pace, someone who wants to tag along wants af from there, or trying to collect more att pops for my eventual 90 trial.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-15 15:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Ok cool, that's awesome you can farm that much in a single go. Are you doing it solo? I think if I was to farm Beac I would just forget the eye and roll with 4/5 KIs. You can stagger rather well with 4/5 no?
 Phoenix.Ceokitty
By Phoenix.Ceokitty 2011-06-15 15:13:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm running monk\dnc with whm\blm (tractor, juuuust in case a pull goes bad due to pathing problems.)

My monk is pretty decently geared, and with me being able to stagger 70% within the first 3 JA, stuff can die fast with a properly geared monk. I tried it on theif and... Well i opted to go back to monk as I could kill fast enough to actually out pace the drops I'd get from theif. Does require more kills, but I burn them faster. It's about 50/50 on geting 1 or 2 peices. Rarley get 3 or 4, vs the regular 3-4 on theif. But each kill on theif took 5-10 minutes due to death by a thousand papercuts. Really wish the th knife would get a trial to up it's damage.

Each TE seems to add how easily it staggers, and what the stagger does. 4/5 would terror it, but it won't lock or wipe the 2hr (can't remeber which it didn't do.) Which is handy if you have a theif doing PD or a pld doing invinc if you're lucky on the stagger while it's 2hr is going.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-15 15:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Ok, that's cool to know. True about thier 2hrs. Do you main hand THF Knife? I'm rather sure you can offhand it?

Just suggestions from a THFs point of view here. If you wanted to roll thf and do more dmg you could forget the knife (or swap it in/out for first hit) and just roll with two DD knives. Also once you tag it with TH you can take the TH gear off. You can still proc it up after that.

ie- 7 on first hit, take off TH gear it'll still proc to 8, 9, 10, etc. But hey that's cool to know MNK/DNC can pull that off. Do you think a solo MNK/DNC could do a good farm? I have no pocket whm and would only be able to get help every so often. I took my MNK/DNC into Dynamis - Bastok and had trouble getting more than 2 TE. But it was my first solo try. If I was fighting anything more than 2 mobs i just got eaten.
By Ska681 2011-06-15 15:24:30
Link | Citer | R

hehehe bring a pup and have them use valoredge and pull it. pup can deploy w/o sneak or invis dropping then they can move to the ramp and retrive there puppet while you watch for links. if there is a link deactivate and no links!!!!!
 Phoenix.Ceokitty
By Phoenix.Ceokitty 2011-06-15 15:45:05
Link | Citer | R

I was off handing it with an augmented dagger that had +dmg on it from abyessa mainhanded.

Solo wise a mnk\dnc would do much better in xarc than in bastok. Bastok is a *** with the alchemy guild and the one up on the walk ways. The alch guild I can probably manage with cure bombing, the walkway is probably going to result in me getting killed in the process and tractored somewhere safe due to all the mobs wandering around it.

It'll be slower going without a dedicated healer as you'd have to use drain samba 2 and keep enough tp to cure yourself when chakra isn't up. Also would need to hammer perfect counter and doge whenever you could. My taru allows me to spam out ws's once I trigger it and use haste samba instead, in additon to whm haste, regen4 and cure5 when I get slapped by an EES. Or ninja booms. But those are once a week type deals for me. You'd also have to be more selective on the mobs. I'd be cautious about ninjas and rangers, but theifs are no worry.

The worst part of xarc will be the eye, unless you're good on the stuns, those spells can hurt a lot.

I'd recommend def or acc food though for xarc. Ninjas and rangers of the demon line love to spam that move that goes through shadows and causes blindness. It appears to be considerd a regular attack for them spaced by a single meele round.

The single most job I've seen try to compete with me has been bst\dnc soloing. The sic that doesn't drop SI in the middle of mobs, and th from dipper is apparently really damned handy. Their primary issue with that though is they like to let the pet tank\kill it without engaging it too offten due to where the ranged mobs like to stand for linking with their breathren when they try to retreat.
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2011-06-15 15:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Not sure how much you're currently getting farming but I've been trioing Xarcabard as the TE are easy to get (and a friend still needed his THF hands). WE go DNC/NIN (main tank/triggers/cures/fisher), MNK/DNC (damage/triggers/backuptank), RDM/WHM(haste/crowdcontrol/backupcures/nukes) and on average pull about 25~38 of each currency depending on motivation/acccidental links/sheer luck on drops.

With that combo we focus on all the JA mobs w/a few WS mobs and hit trigger probably ~90% of the time between myself and the MNK.

Currency usually sells same day we bazaar it so you could farm a third of a 100 byne, sell the others and buy more bynes as suggested earlier? Depends how nice your friends are if you're just focusing on the relic or splitting it 3 ways. Even a 1/3 split once sold can buy more or just claim bynes and split the other two? Depends on your help.

((or I totally missed one of your middle posts that you're already doing Xarc...sorry! I will say still that if you have 1 person that wants to help for sh**'s and giggles since it's only 2 hours and you can have that set up your kill time and drops will go way up. DNC and /DNC has so many fast timers to spam JA triggers are easier)
By BorealisV2 2011-06-15 16:00:59
Link | Citer | R

I decided to level THF specifically for Dyna now, a WHM friend comes with me every now and then and /THFs, the TH is very noticable. Pretty sure a well geared THF will outdamage lolNIN, which is what I'm using at the moment. Averaging 60 currency a day on NIN solo.