Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Hvergelmir
Hvergelmir
 Shiva.Mayoyama
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Mayoyama
By Shiva.Mayoyama 2011-06-09 05:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Someone I know said they read that the 90 Hvergelmir helps nuke dmg. I myself am a bit sceptical as I am sure I would have heard from others if this was true, but I thought I would ask here just to be sure.

Either way, I started one coz I love the way it looks, just be nice to confirm/deny.

Thanks in advance
 Shiva.Manini
user: Manini
By Shiva.Manini 2011-06-09 05:58:51
Link | Citer | R

You are doing another Empy? oh my god lol
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-06-09 06:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I doubt it adds damage aswell, but if it turns out it adds something equivalent to HQ staves or better, I'm definitely going doing one XD
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-06-09 06:38:32
Link | Citer | R

Only heard a rumour that the level 90 aftermath adds the ODD effect to nukes, but it's just a rumour as far as i'm concerned.
 Leviathan.Sargent
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Sargent 2011-06-09 06:44:50
Link | Citer | R

The Lv85 Weapon did not affect nukes, nor did the Aftermath affect elemental weaponskills. Dunno about the Lv90.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-09 07:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Mayoyama said:
Someone I know said they read that the 90 Hvergelmir helps nuke dmg. I myself am a bit sceptical as I am sure I would have heard from others if this was true, but I thought I would ask here just to be sure.

Either way, I started one coz I love the way it looks, just be nice to confirm/deny.

Thanks in advance

.dat mod and don't waste your time =p
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-06-09 08:46:07
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't give ODD nukes or anything that enhances magic damage. It does ODD physical damage for the player and pet (SMN) for things like Predator Claws. However, it can restore up to 1.4k MP at 300 TP and remove almost all status ailments. If you really want to know more about it send a message to Whitenight of Phoenix server. He's had a level 90 for almost 2 months now.
By whitenight 2011-06-09 08:48:34
Link | Citer | R

what shiomi says is tru the ODD does not work with any source of magic it is only rumours

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-09 09:04:54
Link | Citer | R

It gives back something like 800 MP.

Also, .dat modding is not easily detectable, and SE doesn't do anything that isn't easy.
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-06-09 09:17:28
Link | Citer | R

Well the MP it gives back is based on how much MP total you have. As for status ailments, for doom it's kinda like Holy Water but I've only seen it work once form Chloris and he wasn't even sure it was the staff. As for zombie, have no idea.

I do know it doesn't remove plague, however it can remove any number of debuffs.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-09 12:02:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Mayoyama said:

Thanks in advance

.dat mod and don't waste your time =p
Isn't that against the rules and will get you banned Draylo? why not just get a fishing bot to save enough more time : p

Nah there is 0 risk. The only way you can get into trouble is by .dat modding something that allows you to negate the animation lock. For example, if you .dat swap the dnc waltzes with a level up animation or the corsair quickdraw abilities with that as well. People can see you moving during the animation, that can get you into trouble. Swapping a .dat for a weapon doesn't get seen at all, swapping a ws for the weapon ws might if the duration of the two ws is drastically different like spirit taker over raging rush.
By whitenight 2011-06-09 19:39:59
Link | Citer | R

the staff give mp based on max mp at 100% if gives 20% of max mp 200% it will return 40% of ur mp and at 300% it will return 60% of ur max mp.

i wear a full mp Set to get my mp pool to over 2500 mp so at 300% i get over 1400 mp return

also carrying around this set is worth it because i can put myself in yellow hp in and out of abby, so i can utilize my sorc ring
By whitenight 2011-06-09 19:47:34
Link | Citer | R

also with this staff the only stats that have not been removed are plauge and doom

though i havent have many chances at testing this.

but the staff will remove all of status ailment off of you

witch means it will remove multiple effects with one WS
By Inuyasha 2011-06-09 20:49:05
Link | Citer | R

so...besides like...not having perp- on it...is it good for SMN instead?
 Shiva.Mayoyama
By Shiva.Mayoyama 2011-06-09 22:13:11
Link | Citer | R

ok thanks. Shame SE couldnt make the emp staff more worthwhile (while i understand mythic blm staff holders would QQ) other than some fancy staff that lets you get mp back in the few chances you get to actually be in melee range as a blm
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-09 22:23:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Mayoyama said:
ok thanks. Shame SE couldnt make the emp staff more worthwhile (while i understand mythic blm staff holders would QQ) other than some fancy staff that lets you get mp back in the few chances you get to actually be in melee range as a blm
Huh? BLM mythic is town gear/ES macro either way, Hvergelmir's usefulness or lack thereof would change nothing.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-06-10 02:15:31
Link | Citer | R

My (very eccentric) friend uses his staff to mess around as blm/sam. With haste/hasso/capped haste gear haste(omnipotent atma) and keeping up lvl3 aftermath he says his potential dmg is slightly higher than when actually nukingm and with marchs nukes dont even come close. Its kind of silly, but ironically this staff is possibly blms "best" dd option.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-06-10 02:27:33
Link | Citer | R

Hi mayo
 Shiva.Mayoyama
By Shiva.Mayoyama 2011-06-10 08:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Hey aara ^^ When you coming back? ):
 Leviathan.Sargent
By Leviathan.Sargent 2011-07-07 13:28:57
Link | Citer | R

Inuyasha said:
so...besides like...not having perp- on it...is it good for SMN instead?

Sorry for the bump, so rarely look at these forums...

In a party situation where meleeing with staff would be a stupid move (TP feed, risk of getting killed by AoEs etc), I wouldn't use it. However, while soloing and meleeing, it's unbelievable. I was able to use both Blood Pact Rage and keep Hastega up without dropping below 1000 mp (outside abyssea). A decent Myrkr build on SMN would put you at around 400mp restored per 100 tp. However, I was pulling hate off my Avatar quite a bit (extra damage from the staff + ODD). So, if you're the kind of SMN who likes to melee, go for it, you will be getting better MP management with this than Perp- staves, provided you have the right setup for it. Inside Abyssea, it was doing around 500 mp per 100 tp. I don't use MP atma, or Refresh atma on SMN, but do have all 6 Merit Abyssites.

But since this is the BLM forum, I seriously never used it on BLM. I tried brewing with it (openning with 300 TP Myrkr), and the AM didn't proc at all on Vidohunir, so use Pluto's/Yama's instead. So, as a BLM, I would avoid it, the Damage staves are the way to go.