Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » H2H Tiers
H2H Tiers
 Fenrir.Azazael
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2011-06-08 08:23:35
Link | Citer | R

This is a simple question, but maybe I am HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and don't understand so I come to you all for help.

I recently got a Faith torque (finally, stupid flower) and was all excited to use it. I was told it was worthless right now though since it doesn't move me up a tier since I have +2 hands.

Now the way I understand tiers is this.
Total Skill * .11 + 3 = Damage Tier

Now since my total skill with merits, +2 hands, and torque is 391 my damage tier should be 46.01. Since SE floors numbers my damage tier is 46. Now if I remove torque I fall to 45.24.

Am I correct in my understanding and using torque is indeed better than collar right now? Or am I missing?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-08 08:28:10
Link | Citer | R

They both individually(+1) and totally (+2 total) increase your DMG. It'll probably be one or the other after the lv 95 update, but for now, you're good.

Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about.
 Fenrir.Azazael
Serveur: Fenrir
user: azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2011-06-08 08:32:27
Link | Citer | R

Yay, I didn't think I was moron :) I am assuming my friend just didn't math it out right, or is just going off what someone told them.

Ofcourse things change at 90, can't remember the skill gain off hand, but we shall see.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-08 08:33:55
Link | Citer | R

Assuming your acc was good, even if faith torque didn't give +1 cause of the hands, I'd probably swap the hands for Bkote and keep the torque.
 Siren.Julio
Serveur: Siren
user: Julio
By Siren.Julio 2011-06-08 10:06:35
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but are you saying that the atk on bkote outweigh the +1 base dmg? To which circumstances does this apply - just capped acc?

Also, may I request that you post the pompom gif again? Do it for the lulz!
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-06-08 10:13:37
Link | Citer | R

Hes saying if having Torque or +2 Hands gave +1 but having both didn't give +2 then use Bkote over hands.
If
with torque bdmg = x
with hands bdmg = x
with both bdmg = x(same number)
then use torque+Bkote