First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-05-30 03:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for a quit noob question

What is the best strap for nuke dmg on blm?

With my reduced knowledge on BLM i would think it was wise strap ?
 Bahamut.Razorback
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2011-05-30 03:50:07
Link | Citer | R

Buggard +1 is the most commonly used grip. I guess it depends on whether you want consistent dmg or occasional spiked dmg.
[+]
By Ska681 2011-05-30 03:53:31
Link | Citer | R

for damage the above are correct but the ture best strap for blm is vivid or the +1, wont do anything for damage but its fast cast and will let you cast you top nukes more.
 Fenrir.Enternius
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-30 03:53:46
Link | Citer | R

100% Magic Crit Rate = +10 MAB

3% Magic Crit Rate = .3 MAB

1 INT > .3 MAB
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-05-30 03:56:58
Link | Citer | R

I'll be the one to go ahead and say it doesn't matter what you use because they all pretty much suck. Wise/Bugard/whatever the fast cast one is/enm-/skill+ are as good as you're going to get.

This aside grips are a waste of inventory space so fulltime the fastcast one. D:<
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Serveur: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-05-30 04:01:45
Link | Citer | R

The cheapest one would be the best one.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-05-30 04:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Yarly said:
The cheapest one would be the best one.

He should be a man and go strapless! D:< if anyone asks act like you're from (2005?) and be like, "what's a grip?"
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-05-30 04:34:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
I'll be the one to go ahead and say it doesn't matter what you use because they all pretty much suck. Wise/Bugard/whatever the fast cast one is/enm-/skill+ are as good as you're going to get.

This aside grips are a waste of inventory space so fulltime the fastcast one. D:<

^Thus. If the latent on Oneiros grip isn't something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE than that wouldn't seem bad either. Grants regen and has Latent effect: Refresh. Probably a trigger that makes it not worth -1 inventory though.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-05-30 06:06:43
Link | Citer | R

I believe it depends on what you're fighting and what other pieces of gear you're using. If you have on Goetia Mantle, go with something to add damage since the INT and elemental magic is going to cap your accuracy. If you're using a lot of MAB with little Elemental Magic or Magic Accuracy, go with an Elementa Grip so you can stay capped. Check your spell damage often and see how much you get get resisted and adjust your gear accordingly. Anyone who says "this full time because its pwn" isn't varying up their mobs or NMs. Much akin to BLM who based everything they wore to their damage on Puddings back before Abyssea.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-30 06:21:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
I believe it depends on what you're fighting and what other pieces of gear you're using. If you have on Goetia Mantle, go with something to add damage since the INT and elemental magic is going to cap your accuracy. If you're using a lot of MAB with little Elemental Magic or Magic Accuracy, go with an Elementa Grip so you can stay capped. Check your spell damage often and see how much you get get resisted and adjust your gear accordingly. Anyone who says "this full time because its pwn" isn't varying up their mobs or NMs. Much akin to BLM who based everything they wore to their damage on Puddings back before Abyssea.

Ehh.
You wont resist on anything more than 5% of the time these days anyways, so just fulltime the INT+1 strap, as it's the best dmg-grip there is atm (sad..).
Before abyssea, this would've been true, but not so much these days.
Full DMG sets these days are pretty much the same as the best macc-sets anyways... Apart from a few pieces.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-05-30 06:31:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ehh.
You wont resist on anything more than 5% of the time these days anyways, so just fulltime the INT+1 strap, as it's the best dmg-grip there is atm (sad..).
Full DMG sets these days are pretty much the same as the best macc-sets anyways... Apart from a few pieces.
Not really talking about Abyssea. Abyssea, you can run in with a ToM staff and be set for life on BLM as long as you have the atmas. If someone is nit-picking about gear to the point of their straps, they're most likely talking about outside Abyssea where 1 INT, 3 Elemental Magic Skill, and 3% Crit chance make a difference. Inside Abyssea, it really doesn't matter what strap they're using, you won't really see much of any difference in your nuke numbers. However, if they are fighting NMs that have a tendancy to not like taking damage from nukes because of elemental affinities, I throw on more accuracy in the form of an Elementa Grip. Anything else, its Wise Strap.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-30 06:35:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ehh.
Not really talking about Abyssea. Abyssea, you can run in with a ToM staff and be set for life on BLM as long as you have the atmas. If someone is nit-picking about gear to the point of their straps, they're most likely talking about outside Abyssea where 1 INT, 3 Elemental Magic Skill, and 3% Crit chance make a difference. Inside Abyssea, it really doesn't matter what strap they're using, you won't really see much of any difference in your nuke numbers. However, if they are fighting NMs that have a tendancy to not like taking damage from nukes because of elemental affinities, I throw on more accuracy in the form of an Elementa Grip. Anything else, its Wise Strap.

Idk, I havent faught anything outside abyssea that resisted me since before abyssea came out :P
I got to admit, I havent been blm to the new VW thingies, but I did fight Tiamat not too long ago, and I never saw a resist in full dmg gear through the whole fight.
We have like 80-90 more magic accuracy now than we did at level 75, NAKED.
So yeah:P
Anyways, I dont think I'd waste a gearslot by bringing multiple grips on BLM.
IF you need more macc, there's way better tradeoffs.
[+]
 Remora.Dodu
Serveur: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-05-30 06:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ehh.

Hate to break it to you, but 1 INT, 3 macc., and 3% crit. rate have never mattered for anything- Abyssea or otherwise. Until latents are figured out, the only ones even remotely worth the inventory space(and I wouldn't give anyone grip-less a second glance) are Vivid/+1 because of FC's utility across the board, and Wise because, well, epeen man.

And to the person trying to break down Wise's total increase, you should no longer be at the base for magic crit. damage. That's not to say that it changes much, but accurate assessments are good for credibility.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-30 07:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Wise full-time
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-30 07:42:02
Link | Citer | R

I heard Wise is pretty much shite.

And Bugard isn't much better. I'd personally use fast cast myself.
 Asura.Kosmik
Serveur: Asura
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2011-05-30 08:02:51
Link | Citer | R

As Kin37ix said up there, if you have the hecates earring, goetia gloves and even a witch sash, you may as well use a wise strap.
Though it may only be 3% increase to crit rate, I definitely find it noticeable.
Yes the bugard will give more consistent dmg but it's very little.
I have used both extensively and find I like seeing that extra couple hundred dmg from crit more often far more than the extra ~6 dmg per nuke via bugard.
With 101 base int /rdm, I definitely have no problem sacrificing the bugard in lieu of the wise.
 Asura.Kosmik
Serveur: Asura
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2011-05-30 08:05:43
Link | Citer | R

As far as the Vivid goes, it's a pretty crappy increase to fast cast for the cost.
I'd use it if I had it, but only as a precast piece.
By BorealisV2 2011-05-30 08:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Bugard +1.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-05-30 08:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I heard Wise is pretty much shite.

That arguement could be made any any grip you use for a mage job.

Vivid strap sucks when you are wearing it anytime other than the beginning or end of a spell. Wise grip sucks when magic critical hit rate doesn't proc! Enmity reduction grips suck whenever you are just standing there doing nothing. MP grips suck when you don't have max MP. I could go on and on with ways to say any grip sucks. It's not like with melee jobs, where grips are enhancing 90% of what you do in combat. Granted, you could make the same arguements with them, too lol. Mage grips are just far too situational in the end unless SE is kind enough to release a grip that has 50 different abilities to enhance spellcasting.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-05-30 19:21:48
Link | Citer | R

wise strap just hit 250-300k on ragnarok. obviously the best grip.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-05-30 22:06:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Enternius said:

1 INT > .3 MAB
It's not actually .3 MAB, you have to take in consideration the bonus from +2 BLM hands.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-05-30 22:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Pole grip so you can TP faster to trigger red. Duh.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-30 22:36:47
Link | Citer | R

Kin37ix said:
Wise Strap. Combined With AF3+2 Gloves, Witch Sash, and Hecate's Earring thats 13% Crit. More than 1 in 10 nukes will crit with those pieces alone.
This makes Wise Strap less valuable, not more (barring the critdmg bonus on the hands), but...

Leviathan.Niniann said:

Remora.Dodu said:
Hate to break it to you, but 1 INT, 3 macc., and 3% crit. rate have never mattered for anything- Abyssea or otherwise. Until latents are figured out, the only ones even remotely worth the inventory space(and I wouldn't give anyone grip-less a second glance) are Vivid/+1 because of FC's utility across the board, and Wise because, well, epeen man.
Honestly, this. Wise Strap lets you flex your epeen marginally more often, Vivid Strap +1 makes you cast marginally faster, Elementa Grip makes you marginally more accurate, Pax Grip will have a marginal impact on your position in the hate list (if any), and tbh Bugard Strap +1 does hardly anything at all. I'd go with Vivid +1 personally (and it should be the superior damage choice anyway, possibly barring the use of the new MAB+5 neck) if you really care.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-05-30 23:09:32
Link | Citer | R

The most expensive grip is the best one.

I chose Wise Grip.
 Shiva.Ergiyios
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-05-30 23:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Hsieh said:

LOL
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-30 23:28:47
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Bismarck.Hsieh said:

LOL

Clearly you aren't on a server with open Campaign Op BCNMs. Wise grips are like, 1-10k on Bahamut lol.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-30 23:54:32
Link | Citer | R

Vivid strap+1 for sure.
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
user: Quantum
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2011-05-31 00:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:

1 INT > .3 MAB
It's not actually .3 MAB, you have to take in consideration the bonus from +2 BLM hands.

Not to mention Genesis Locket.

Bismarck.Hsieh said:

I chose Wise Grip.

I wish I lived on your server where the vivid plus 1 was cheaper than wise. oh wait!
First Page 2 3