Goetia Set Bonus
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Galith
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-29 16:57:23
Link | Citer | R

My friend is wondering if that Conserve MP+8 belt would be lucrative to use as BLM. So the question I had was how often does the set bonus proc given you conserve MP. Here are the numbers I've been playing with.

Average %MP conserved: 28%
Average %Damage Bonus: 56% (Double the % conserved)
% Chance to ConserveMP (From Belt): 8%
% Chance to ConserveMP (From JobT): 25%
% Chance to ConserveMP (Total): 33%

Now from the blog I read the damage bonus is after mab and int calculations and the amount increase is proportional to 2x the ratio of MP conserved. Which Means you can get anywhere from a 12.5%-100% damage increase.

If my math is correct and I'm understanding the formula properly then the belt should add...

.08 * .56 * (% chance to proc the set bonus given you conserve MP)

The blog I read had said something along the lines of "Well most of the empy procs are 5% so I'm going to say it's 5% total proc rate" which'd be 20% chance given you proc conserve mp.

Now if that's true which i doubt it is because it sounded like bs when i read it. That would mean the belt adds an average .896% damage to nukes. (.08*.56*.2)

Now with that said I don't have BLM so i can't really test this myself but was wondering if any of you BLMs out there have any idea how often the set bonus procs given you conserve mp? I'd have my friend test it however he keeps trying to say the belt is equal to x amount of mab which is stupid and I fear his testing would reflect such fallacies.
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-29 17:07:43
Link | Citer | R

I use austerity in 2 builds ...

HMP

Fastcast/350stoneskin/buffs

But for nukes id use sorc belt or obi, I wouldnt bother trying to boost af3 set to proc with conserve mp over int/mab.
 Shiva.Ergiyios
Serveur: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-05-29 17:14:26
Link | Citer | R

Randoms random, I'll take guaranteed damage over a chance of conserve mp proc any day....but that's just me.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-29 17:19:07
Link | Citer | R

I thought most full set bonuses (if not all) were 10% proc rate (if the trait in question procs). If this is the case, it would have a 3.3% chance to proc on any given nuke with 33% conserve MP.

Also you didn't factor in diminishing returns in your calculation, it should be:

.08 * .75 * .56 * .1 = 0.33%
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-29 17:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Randoms random, I'll take guaranteed damage over a chance of conserve mp proc any day....but that's just me.

Well it depends I would think. He wants a greater chance to 1shot mobs in Abyssea. However depending on how often the set bonus procs given that you conserve mp it could be anywhere between .45%-4.5% (10%-100%). If it procs just 50% of the time in which you conserve mp that's still 2.25% increase in overall damage at the expense of what 7int?

I'm a sch and totally expect all the BLMs to be using ice obis and hailstorm at 99 so i doubt it matters incredibly.
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-29 17:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said:
I'm a sch and totally expect all the BLMs to be using ice obis and hailstorm at 99 so i doubt it matters incredibly.

Statement is silly to say the least, other sj still have their uses, u may be right but you make it sound like it will be only thing blms should be subbing at 99 without a shadow of a doubt and without really knowing how things will pan out at 99.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-29 17:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
I thought most full set bonuses (if not all) were 10% proc rate (if the trait in question procs). If this is the case, it would have a 3.3% chance to proc on any given nuke with 33% conserve MP.

Also you didn't factor in diminishing returns in your calculation, it should be:

.08 * .75 * .56 * .1 = 0.33%

I understand I wasn't considering the diminishing returns. What I was curious about is like you say most emp set bonus traits seem to proc around 5 or 10% but that's overall. What are the odds of triggering the set bonus damage increase if you proc Conserve MP. If you had 100% conserve mp how often would you not do bonus damage?
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-29 17:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Krsone said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:

Statement is silly to say the least, other sj still have their uses, u may be right but you make it sound like it will be only thing blms should be subbing at 99 without a shadow of a doubt and without really knowing how things will pan out at 99.

I'm not too worried about the future tbh I am however slightly interested in leveling BLM. Looking through my SCH gear and comparing it to BLM Gear does bring up the question of what belt I would wear if i leveled blm. BLM belts just don't seem that great in the grand scheme of things 7int or 4mab seems kinda bland. I suspect you'd sub sch and wear obis but that's a subject for a different thread.
 Siren.Catabolic
Serveur: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2011-05-29 17:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:

I'm not too worried about the future tbh I am however slightly interested in leveling BLM. Looking through my SCH gear and comparing it to BLM Gear does bring up the question of what belt I would wear if i leveled blm. BLM belts just don't seem that great in the grand scheme of things 7int or 4mab seems kinda bland. I suspect you'd sub sch and wear obis but that's a subject for a different thread.

Tbh if you sub anything other than rdm...you're doing it wrong
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-29 17:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Assuming for a moment that increasing Conserve MP results in superior damage on average (I'm guessing it doesn't, but I don't know the procrate of BLM's set bonus), the only rational reason to opt for the option that provides higher consistent damage is if that set reliably reduces the number of nukes required to kill something. This is most applicable in situations where you can one- or two-shot mobs. You can make the same case for Conserve MP procs if it potentially allows you to one-shot a mob. Otherwise, the one producing higher average damage is preferable.

Phoenix.Kirana said:
I thought most full set bonuses (if not all) were 10% proc rate (if the trait in question procs).
DRK is 5%, pretty sure BLU, DRG, PUP are too. NIN was parsed at 10% with a low sample size, but it only procs on the offhand. I don't know any other procrates off the top of my head.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-29 17:52:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Assuming for a moment that increasing Conserve MP results in superior damage on average (I'm guessing it doesn't, but I don't know the procrate of BLM's set bonus), the only rational reason to opt for the option that provides higher consistent damage is if that set reliably reduces the number of nukes required to kill something. This is most applicable in situations where you can one- or two-shot mobs. You can make the same case for Conserve MP procs if it potentially allows you to one-shot a mob. Otherwise, the one producing higher average damage is preferable.

Well the set bonus only procs if you conserve MP. So increasing the rate you conserve mp would essentially increase how often you proc the set bonus which increases your overall damage.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-29 18:02:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Well the set bonus only procs if you conserve MP. So increasing the rate you conserve mp would essentially increase how often you proc the set bonus which increases your overall damage.
It's obvious that increasing Conserve MP increases the opportunity for set bonus procs. What is not obvious, or at least not known, is how often the set bonus procs on a Conserve MP proc.
 Cerberus.Eliane
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2011-05-29 18:10:25
Link | Citer | R

10k+ nukes are awesome
 Shiva.Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-05-29 18:22:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Ergiyios said:

The amount of conserve mp isn't set in stone it varies... the number of nukes you fire off is a great number, the conserve mp procs are a very small number compared to the latter...
Overall Damage is going to be based off of your consistent damage not the "oh hell ya set proc" damage...
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-29 18:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Ergiyios said:

The amount of conserve mp isn't set in stone it varies... the number of nukes you fire off is a great number, the conserve mp procs are a very small number compared to the latter...
Overall Damage is going to be based off of your consistent damage not the "oh hell ya set proc" damage...
Even if it varies, we can find an average and use that for comparison. It's all about the averages over time.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-05-29 18:28:58
Link | Citer | R

i have full goetia set+2 hardly get any dmg proc, however i noticed the proc on sch set does procs often than my blm
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-29 18:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Friendly reminder, there's an edit button right next to the delete button.
 Shiva.Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-05-29 18:34:10
Link | Citer | R

Keep screwing up quotes >.>

MAB > Conserve MP
 Shiva.Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-05-29 18:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I know....I'm tired, that's my last post lol
 Cerberus.Eliane
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2011-05-29 18:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Speak of the devil look who comes to say Hi.

Tasty

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Juicymama 2011-05-29 18:46:30
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I know....I'm tired, that's my last post lol
Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Keep screwing up quotes >.>

MAB > Conserve MP

Friendly reminder we aren't talking converse mp vs MAB, we are talking about BLM AF3 +2 (5/5) set bonus due to more conserve mp compare to pure MAB.

Your replies which simply stating MAB > Conserve Mp isn't showing us any point of the set bonus vs MAB.

That's a Nice 10k Bliz V there, max i did was 9.8k on Mithra >.< so jealosu
By Juicymama 2011-05-29 18:49:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Right now I'm under the impression that Set proc always works when conserve mp procs. Upping conserve mp rate = more set procs.

Has anyone seen otherwise?

I think this is exactly why Galith set up this post. We want to know would it be nice to spam the BLM Set Bonus to improve the dmg over time.

If set bonus procs every time conserve mp prosc it would be nice but I don't think that's the case >.<
 Shiva.Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-05-29 18:49:58
Link | Citer | R

I thought we were talking about overall damage?

If you're full timing a conserve mp belt then you are losing out on +4MAB which in turn will lower your numbers...I'm not disagreeing that you will not proc your AF more often that's obvious...but conserve mp is still RANDOM
By Juicymama 2011-05-29 18:55:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ergiyios said:
I thought we were talking about overall damage?

If you're full timing a conserve mp belt then you are losing out on +4MAB which in turn will lower your numbers...I'm not disagreeing that you will not proc your AF more often that's obvious...but conserve mp is still RANDOM

Yes but I am using the above 10.7k Bliz V for example, 1 proc of that is a sudden 5k more dmg, would it be a better trade off to have it proc (8% x the set proc %) more or the amount of casts with 4 MAB to reach that dmg be better.
 Phoenix.Nightson
user: Nightson
By Phoenix.Nightson 2011-05-29 19:08:55
Link | Citer | R

How many nukes would it take to find the average? I am not a math geek so i never bothered to check since i do not know what the best number of nukes to use would be. I have a lot of stones and stuff saved up and the right conserve mp gear to check id be willing to go in and test...
 Siren.Stunx
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2011-05-29 19:17:29
Link | Citer | R

imo the proc isnt good enough chance to go out of ur way for. luckily tho atm every peice is worth using on its own and the proc ends up being a nice little bonus. also i would much rather have a more beefy proc for epeen than proc a "little" more often, which is why i would never gear towards conserve mp.
First Page 2