What Are The Best Atmas For Tanking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » What are the best atmas for tanking?
What are the best atmas for tanking?
By Otomis 2011-06-01 12:20:38
Link | Citer | R

It would depend on which NMs. I have used high Eva set ups, as well as M.Def Set ups vs NMs who cast high lv spells. i.e. using a +100 resist + gear resist + M.Def atma + 3rd DD type atma. Some NMs use status effects which can highly hinder or kill you, so protection against those is also viable option. I have mnk, nin, thf all with full AF+2 as well as other end game gear, and kannagi Nin. I can not say there is truly only one way to tank or atma set to use.

The best bet is do your research and be prepared. It is quite easy to kill near all NMs/Boss's in game solo or duo with a good healer when you are prepared to do so.

If you have a specific question to a specific NM, I would be glad to share how I went about killing it, that is if it is one that I have killed (*^.^*)
 Gilgamesh.Katori
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: agroyboy
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-06-06 09:36:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Well to be fair I only use that combo on Shinryu or blue procing lol, other than that it's GH/RR/Apoc 4lyfe.

yes 4life i agree there with you. also nightfyre i need to start working on my MDT one area im lacking in.i pretty much solo anything that doesnt do ga spells or some crazy added effect. i watch a group of 8 wipe to lusca. then regroup and kill it. while i soloed it right after them. did take 30ish mins becuase went back into magic form and didnt change back to melee forever.

also think everything has it own setup. but i know many people who have full af3+2 and cant tank worth crap. to many unskilled people with gear these days. i kind of miss the old days when was end game ls and regular ls. now everyone is just abyssea ls's.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Cycerath
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2011-07-11 12:24:47
Link | Citer | R

on thf, i almost always do GH + RR (and use apoco) anytime i swap out GH for any other atma, i notice a huge decrease in my crit hit rate, and my over all damage :/ but if you missing apoco, i'd suggest GH + RR and then either SS or VV atma. i think i used VV atma, but then again i might not of lvled thf till after i had apoco, it's been a while since then.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Foxfire
Serveur: Siren
user: Foxfire
By Siren.Foxfire 2011-07-11 20:41:03
Link | Citer | R

I've yet to obtain atmas, but for THF, as already mentioned, I'd suggest:

Gnarled Horn / Razed Ruins / Voracious Violet [or Sanguine Scythe]

Otherwise put Apoc in the third slot, Idk. I'm still missing Shin, so I can't plan to use apoc until then.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-07-11 20:46:37
Link | Citer | R

If you have GH, RR, and Apoc. Then getting 6/6 Abyssites of Merit would be the next step. See what your HP is after those.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-07-11 20:51:41
Link | Citer | R

slot 1) Razed Ruins, pretty much locked in for everything.
slot 2) Gnarled Horn for most everything, Sanguine Scythe for when you need the added HP
slot 3) Dread if you want the extra TH bonus, Future Fabulous if the NM has heavy magic damage, Apoc if you don't need the TH/MDB and just want to kill asap.

Future Fabulous is seriously almost as useful as Razed Ruins.

No Joke.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-07-14 16:30:24
Link | Citer | R

Just missing 2x abyssite Merits, GH & Apoc. Unfortunately no one really concern to proc red : :

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-07-15 00:08:21
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bring a brew and a good stratey and I'll proc red on shinryu for you. Easy to guarentee as a whm/sam solo no worries

Just missing 4/6 cats Iratham & Yaanei

Got GH atma.
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Troair
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2011-07-15 00:54:26
Link | Citer | R

Tanking on Ninja especially on a mob that can do a lot of dmg to my hp I rock

Razed Ruins
Atma of the Apoc
and Impregnable Tower (for massive HP boost and mag acc for landing enfeebles consistantly)