Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Kamome Vs. Oir. Vs. Agi Sekka
Kamome Vs. Oir. Vs. Agi Sekka
 Kujata.Savain
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-05-22 18:15:15
Link | Citer | R

I just parsed myself against 50 EP mobs under the effect of signet in Uleg. Range.

I used Kannagi mainhand with Kamome, then Oirandori, then an Agi Sekka. I used TP anytime it hit 100 unless mob was at 5% HP or less. I killed 31 buffalo, 2 Cwn, 3 Snolls, and 14 Hares with each trial. I had the same WS and ATK gear, and only recast Ni midfight 4 times per trial.

Hi doing damage that surpasses remaining HP value was my reason for not storing TP. For the last 10 fights of each parse I would kill 5 buffalo and rest for repops. I ran between every mob as quick as possible so aftermath was, though I didn't specifically record it, on accurately enough between the three trials. I am also giving the total damage, melee, WS. If anyone wants to see the parse logs, PM or reply and I'll send the files over.

My results as follows:

Sekka: 194291, 125754, 68423 - Hi average 1555
Kamome: 194399, 126821, 67366 - Hi average 1464
Oirandori: 191645, 128523,63065 - Hi average 1433

TP armor: Kannagi 85, katana, Q. Tath, Iga+2, Aga Collar, Brutal, Supp, Chainmail +1, Aurore Gloves, Rajas, Keen, Atheling, Twilight, Iga+2, Iga+2

Edit: Kamome did win, but by 108 damage. Will perform a follow up using T / VT / IT monsters, same sample sizes, but I believe that a Kamome will always win by a small margin, making an Agi sekka a better offhand choice for its defensive properties.

The effect on an Oirandori kicks in maybe 15% of the time, and the amount of damage it adds is unknown though on its trials it kicked in a couple times at the beginning of the fights. Regardless you get the jist of it on a monster with less than 20k HP where the effect and what it does can be examined.

The HP does stay the same, but Hi's damage isn't limited by HP amount. The variations in WS damage along with the critical hit rate and damage is what I was also looking at, as well as how much the base rating matters. This accounts for the differences, and you're right in that they are small because my sample size is limited and I didn't have a time limit.

Regardless it shows that Kamome is slightly better. What I will test next is whether that amount grows over time and over mob levels.

Thank you all for the input
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-22 18:22:20
Link | Citer | R

Sample size is rather small, and the difference between these weapons is likely to vary when you begin fighting tougher mobs.
 Lakshmi.Galith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-22 18:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Your test seems a bit off since Kamome didn't win.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-22 18:31:21
Link | Citer | R

That parse is rather skewed. By choosing EP targets, you minimize or potentially negate the impact of pDIF increases (attack from Kamome, critrate from Oirandori) compared to mobs where you're dealing with non-paper defense values and potentially level correction. You were also almost certainly capping critrate fulltime, which devalues Oirandori (decreasing returns) and is not something you'd necessarily experience elsewhere. Another issue for Oirandori is that the procs don't carry over from mob to mob, so mobs that die quickly do not favor its use. As mentioned, sample size is low.

A commendable effort, but it doesn't really provide an accurate idea of how any of them will perform in situations where you're fighting anything other than EP mobs.
 Shiva.Msthief
Serveur: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-22 18:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Your test seems a bit off since Kamome didn't win.

If you get bored again, I'd really like a more in-depth test on kamome vs. sekka. I really don't think oirandori competes at all - thank you for the analysis thought I didn't even think Sekka was close.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-22 18:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Something else worth mentioning. You killed the same number and type of mobs with each trial, which means your parsing will automatically show very little difference in total damage between each weapon. You could have used level 1 katanas and had the about the same total damage in the end (because that's how much damage is necessary to kill the specific mobs chosen).

Ideally you should give each trial a certain time limit, not a mob limit, to see which combination gives the greatest damage over time.

edit: The only redeemable data from this parse is the WS averages, and the ratio of TP damage to WS damage.
By Bimbam 2011-05-22 19:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Kparser's Performance tab actually gives you a table with Melee and WS DPS values.....

"Ninja" edit:
Also.....
Quote:
under the effect of signet

Outside of Abyssea, thus nowhere near crit rate cap, I would not be shocked to see Kamome beaten by Oirandori/AGI Sekka situationally. Evenetually (IT+) the Acc/Atk on Kamome would probably prove more useful but the 10% crit damage+ will become increasingly less useful as your crit rate aproaches floor anyway :S