Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja seals
Ninja seals
 Shiva.Chaosbringer
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Agent11d7
By Shiva.Chaosbringer 2011-05-21 20:26:57
Link | Citer | R

I am trying to figure out which NM's would be easy to solo for seals. I am missing lots of atmas, but i have RR,VV, and kirins for the AGI. I am trying to get seals since i only play at midnight to 6am due to work.

Feet Seal Nm's, i am not sure which would be easy to solo as nin/dnc:

Iku-Turso (NM) Abyssea - Vunkerl
Lord Varney (NM) Abyssea - Vunkerl
Pascerpot (NM) Abyssea - Vunkerl

For legs these two NMs seem possible:
Nonno (NM)
Athamas (NM)

For Head seals: I did not see any testimonials of it being an easy solo:

Amun (NM) Abyssea - Attohwa
Berstuk (NM) Abyssea - Attohwa
Blazing Eruca (NM) Abyssea - Attohwa

For hands and body seals looks like i will need some help. If anybody in shiva would like to help me or team up for kills, i am usually on sunday and wednesdays after 1pm (MST) and all other days at 1230 am MST.(stupid 3-12 work schedule)

Any help on the above 3 NM's for head, feet, legs or tips would be appreciated.
 Cerberus.Rictor
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Spoon
By Cerberus.Rictor 2011-05-21 20:35:19
Link | Citer | R

Iku-Torso is super easy, as long as you can heal from maelstrom. Save tp to WS through his Aga spells.

Minax bugard is actually pretty easy for leg seals, I soloed most of mine from him. Tyrant tusk only killed me twice in a large number of soloes.

I got my head seals from Berstuk, and he was an easy duo. but I'm not sure how easy a solo he is.

Most of my soloing was as nin/thf (no dnc) and as thf/nin, which I've found to be easier, as the evasion bonus is pure win.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-21 20:37:22
Link | Citer | R

you could probably solo any of those feet seal nms, but i'd say iku-turso is probably easiest. pascerpot and varney shouldn't be too hard, but they might be a little annoying.

you could probably solo any of the leg seal nms.

for head i'd say berstuk is probably your best bet.

audumbla should be pretty easy to solo for hands. you can also try quests for the body seals.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-21 20:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Audumbla serves a dual purpose as well. He'll get you hand seals and pop items for Yaguarogui. Yaguar is soloable on nin and drops body seals.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-05-21 21:02:56
Link | Citer | R

finished NIN head seals dualboxing on blazing eruca
did him as mnk/whm with victory smite
thf/whm with th6
nin/whm

he is really easy if u got the merit abyssites to take a high hp% incinerate
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-05-21 21:03:16
Link | Citer | R

BLM can solo body seals from Ironclad Smiter, assuming you have it (which I gather you do from your merits). Might take a long time, based on how often it decides to use Ballistic. Just proc yellow, then keep using water spells.

BLM can also solo Berstuk by pinning it (when you pop, run through the corridors towards Bastion and there are two tall rocks to your right once you reach the first open area; he can't run in between them, so he'll just run around the other side whenever you keep passing through). Just need to stun big spells. Sub RDM for both NMs and have a reliable gravity set for Berstuk.

Minax Bugard and Athamas are a joke. Repop on Athamas is annoying, but if you don't have competition and you need to Bastion for leg pieces, you could fight it between. I'd do Minax over Nonno just because Nonno's hits don't wake you up from sleep, and it hits like 100 fists. Probably more likely dying to that than Tyrant.

Audumbla is usually camped hardcore I find...but I wouldn't be surprised if the pixie or manticore are soloable as NIN/DNC.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-01 19:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Berstuk is easy, just stun his aga's with /dnc

Athamas is pretty damn easy too if you have 3 atmas that are decent, and some HP/MP abyssites under your belt. Also you need to stun him a few seconds after he does the draw-in move.

The buffalo in ugly range is also fairly easy as long as you keep your HP high and keep him enfeebled.

Foot seals I have no real input, spammed the crawler with a group along with the rabbit and puk nms in that area one day.

I wanna know how you solo the tiger, those are the only seals I am missing.
 Leviathan.Matteh
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2011-06-01 19:52:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Chaosbringer said:
Blazing Eruca (NM) Abyssea - Attohwa

Easy solo as nin/dnc with Atma of the Brother Wolf and maybe MDB but atma gives that
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-01 21:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said:

Athamas is pretty damn easy too if you have 3 atmas that are decent, and some HP/MP abyssites under your belt. Also you need to stun him a few seconds after he does the draw-in move.

The buffalo in ugly range is also fairly easy as long as you keep your HP high and keep him enfeebled.

Foot seals I have no real input, spammed the crawler with a group along with the rabbit and puk nms in that area one day.

For the tiger, just make sure you have enough evasion to cap against him, keep him enfeebled (yurin very important) and turn around when he uses special attacks. He always uses 2 special attacks in a row, and hitting him during this time will heal him. Healing him gives him an amnesia aura, and can cause him to Perfect Dodge. Even if you get amnesia'd you should have no problem keeping shadows up.
 Shiva.Msthief
Serveur: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-01 22:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Capped evasion + 4/4 merits + eva katana was enough for me to floor the tiger's hit rate. I think the biggest help is +2 nin feet - 4 and 5 shadows is really nice to absorb his tp moves which can get nasty.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-02 01:36:45
Link | Citer | R

Wow good to know his trigger for the amnesia aura, thanks Kirana!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-02 01:56:30
Link | Citer | R

Athamas is a complete joke for nin/dnc.. i did it with virtually no practice soloing as nin/dnc...since they gave waltz 3 to /dnc its really so rigged to solo on nin/dnc... Yonin is so dope for soloing and the subtle blow/TP hampering jutsus are so sick...
 Bismarck.Teraflare
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Graham
By Bismarck.Teraflare 2011-06-02 02:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Lord Varney is barely a challenge on NIN/DNC but it's on a timer and there's usually other people waiting for it to pop (in my experience) as the KI from it is needed as one of the Bhukis pop KI's. Unfortunately not everyone knows the KI also now drops from gold sturdy pyxis as well so expect some company.

Iku-Turso is pretty easy and at least that's a pop NM, I've solo'd this NM a number of times on NIN/DNC and as long as you can stun the -ja and -ga moves it shouldn't pose any problems. The silence aura after Maelstrom can be a bit of a pain, but with a basic +eva set and /dnc you shouldn't get into any trouble if your shadows drop.

Pascerpot is another NM I've spent some time soloing and I found it to be the easiest of the feet seal NM's. Make sure you keep shadows up and stun Banishga III when the NM casts it cos it hurts if it lands. Takes about 5-10 mins to chip it down depending on whether or not you're putting in a few WS's, depends how confident you are at it. My first attempt was a good 10+ mins but I got it down to about 5 mins now by just smashing its face in whenever I can get away with a WS and don't have to worry about healing at the time.

I've not got much experience with Nonno but I've fought it a few times in the past and found it to be an annoying little ***. Dream flower inparticular is a pain and headbutt hurts.

Athamas on the other hand can be solo'd in your sleep. He's probably as easy as you'll find to solo. I'd thoroughly recommend camping it if you can face the respawn timer, you'll only get a maximum of 3 in an hour on a 15 min timer and that's assuming you take it down in about 5 mins a time. It's often camped as well so bear that in mind.

Personally I'd go for Minax Bugard, it's an easy solo on NIN/DNC. Stun his Tyrant Tusk TP move and you'll have no problems.

I've not tried to solo Berstuk yet but I don't think it would be easy, I've duo'd and trio'd it plenty of times though and it's always been ok, if you have a WHM friend drag them along and it's an easy duo.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-06-02 08:13:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Leviathan.Draugo said:

For the tiger, just make sure you have enough evasion to cap against him, keep him enfeebled (yurin very important) and turn around when he uses special attacks. He always uses 2 special attacks in a row, and hitting him during this time will heal him. Healing him gives him an amnesia aura, and can cause him to Perfect Dodge. Even if you get amnesia'd you should have no problem keeping shadows up.

Actually he does Roar then another WS, the 2nd WS. This will give amnesia aura. I've done him alot and not proc'd his perfect dodge and still get the aura. Pretty much everytime he does that combo you get amnesia aura.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-06-02 08:47:20
Link | Citer | R

He will do Roar > Disorienting Waul. If you stun the 2nd WS, it will not gain an aura. However if you melee it between Roar -> Disorienting Waul, then it will gain an aura, at least from my experiences where Waul would say "had no effect" seeing as I was already amnesia'd. P.S. Stun spell was used, not flourish (no idea if the dmg there would make it gain aura)

However with the other Physical > Physical (cant remember names offhand), if you blink the attacks then it will gain no aura. If the damage of the 2nd WS connects, then I think this is when it will gain an Aura.

Also, from what I gathered, it will Perfect Dodge after 2nd melee swing in between WS.

Roar > Melee (Aura) > Melee (PD used) > Waul <--for example.

Could be wrong but thats how it went whenever I noticed it. think Might be a difficult/lengthy solo, but I'm sure it could be done, with slow/para up it was pretty easy to blink tank with just sekka +2 on, let alone using an evasion setup.

Edit: This is also the only NM I did for NIN body. He was very generous with NIN and WHM. Think I killed maybe 20 of them total for NIN +1 body, without grellow on at least 15 of them
 Asura.Bonlack
Serveur: Asura
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2011-06-02 09:21:56
Link | Citer | R

In all reality in the time it would take to grab 3 other ppl to farm seals could be done with 2 or more sets in the time you'd actually get 8/8 from any one NM.

That being said Minax/athamas are pretty easy, I'f you don't have a good evasion setup with evasion atma then I would stay clear of Nonno he hits hella fast and if you dont have blade: hi to do massive ws dmg then i wouldnt even bother.

Iku-turso is ok but but waterja/waterga can get you killed easy especially if he does maelstrom and stun misses or to slow, plus i think he has a mute aura after ws but can't remember. Pascerpot pretty easy and would be best bet since Varney is timed pop and ppl camp for the buhkis KI.

Head Berstuk would def be easiest choice, just stun his aga's.
 Carbuncle.Zeota
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zeota
By Carbuncle.Zeota 2011-06-02 09:23:33
Link | Citer | R

OK, how in the hell are you guys soloing blazing eruca? I tried it this morning with with mounted champion/razed ruins/brother wolf and got it to like 60%. The spikes seemed to screw me up more than the nukes. Haven't tried Berstuk yet.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-02 09:37:34
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zeota said:
OK, how in the hell are you guys soloing blazing eruca? I tried it this morning with with mounted champion/razed ruins/brother wolf and got it to like 60%. The spikes seemed to screw me up more than the nukes. Haven't tried Berstuk yet.

MAB atmas etc and nuke it to death!
I spam-soloed eruca on blm/nin back before I got any good atmas.
Full moon and ambition was all I used on blm, so you can probably do it pretty easily on NIN now with proper atmas >_>
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-02 14:30:44
Link | Citer | R

I cannot stress enough how much easier Berstuk is to solo than the crawler for head seals.

Farm up slugs for a pop item right near the ???

Once you pop him he will immediately try and cast an AoE spell.

Run out of range from this, but if you do get hit it is not a terrible deal. Be sure and have TP and steps by the way before you pop him.

Melee him and fully enfeeble him, use Yonin, and try and stun his TP move, but he will not use it often if you are using the right spells, aka TP nerfs on him. If he does hit you with the Ooze tp move just be sure and remove the debuff effects from it as soon as you can.

Stun his AoEs, he does not cast them all that often, I know I have died to him a couple times when he got lucky with a couple of back to back aga's. Also you can interrupt his casting too, and they are long cast times, so you should be able to stun him and then smack him a bunch in TP building gear.

He may wipe your gear for a short time, this is not a terrible predicament, because you can still cast shadows and keep him enfeebled.

GL!