Adult "baby" Lives Off Govt. Disability

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Adult "baby" lives off govt. disability
Adult "baby" lives off govt. disability
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-19 16:50:35
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fondue said:
I didnt read where this thread turned from a weird fetished man to the catastrophic meltdown of all civilization, I'm just saying gold isnt chiefly used in "random shinies"
Considering the lack of any real improvement in utility over the competition, I'm willing to classify Monster cables as "random shinies".
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-19 16:51:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'm waiting for the day that the amount of funny pictures in your folder directly correlates to wealth.

what?
 Cerberus.Halfpint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-05-19 16:51:48
Link | Citer | R

1)to get SSI you have to have one(two on some cases) of their doctors examine you and as well as your own and go through enough red tape to make you dizzy. There has to be a diagnosis Before he got so deep into this fetish. And the fact she is supporting it makes me wonder who is the one with the fetish and who is going along for the ride.

2) Waiting for the government to go through and clean house on SS and medicare/medicaid fraud. Lets not just cut it out from the ppl that genuinely need it, but we do need to make sure it's not being taken advantage of.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-19 16:53:59
Link | Citer | R

I work in an industrial metal finishing shop and nothing I gold plate goes into monster cables; cars, aircraft, nuclear submarines, surface to air missles, and space shuttles yes but not monster cables :( I think thats done by 6 year olds in china~
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-19 16:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Halfpint said:
Lets not just cut it out from the ppl that genuinely need it, but we do need to make sure it's not being taken advantage of.

Seems impossible given it's current state.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-19 16:58:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Halfpint said:
1)to get SSI you have to have one(two on some cases) of their doctors examine you and as well as your own and go through enough red tape to make you dizzy. There has to be a diagnosis Before he got so deep into this fetish. And the fact she is supporting it makes me wonder who is the one with the fetish and who is going along for the ride.

2) Waiting for the government to go through and clean house on SS and medicare/medicaid fraud. Lets not just cut it out from the ppl that genuinely need it, but we do need to make sure it's not being taken advantage of.

adly no, there plenty quacks oiut there can get give the false papers for aproval.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-19 17:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'm waiting for the day that the amount of funny pictures in your folder directly correlates to wealth.

since you won't respond I'll just go ahead and assume...

If you're talking about me lol, that's sad you take time out of your life to make a special folder for me.. good to know I get to you that much, umad.jpg

Secondly, good to know you're so concerned with my mediocre success in life that you refer to it as wealth, ujelly.jpg
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-05-19 17:11:48
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

If you're talking about me lol, that's sad you take time out of your life to make a special folder for me.. good to know I get to you that much, umad.jpg

Secondly, good to know you're so concerned with my mediocre success in life that you refer to it as wealth, ujelly.jpg

You sure are full of yourself Tweek.
He was referring to an old comic strip.

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-19 17:22:02
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

lol touche then.. he is always talking about keeping folders for people where he saves pics of their posts and later posting so it wasn't exactly a farfetched jump. He also posted 2 mins after my post. He also talks about me being "privileged" or "rich kid" and says things like I grew up rich even though I've been open about my upbringing and was no where near wealthy.

either way I guess I was wooshed and jumped the gun.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-05-19 17:23:57
Link | Citer | R

I think you let internet peoples get to you too much.
But anyways, back to relevance.

I don't think what would almost certainly fall under definition of a fetish shouldn't be grounds for government funding.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2011-05-19 17:52:35
Link | Citer | R

No Physical illness
No disease
No mental illness

This guy just likes to dress up and is ashamed to show his "fetish" in public

Also from a previous post, he can "switch to adult mode" when he goes out to the shop to buy stuff.

Well then switch to Adult mode and get a Job worthless sack of thrash

>.>
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Kaiye
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Kaiye
By Lakshmi.Kaiye 2011-05-19 17:59:04
Link | Citer | R

This guy should honestly just get cut off, all SSI and his "roomate" are doing is enabling him so that he continues to live this abnormal life. The man will never get help with people saying "yes this is ok", this goes way beyond the norms of society. Guy probably just doesn't want to get a job, who can fault him for that though? Shitty jobs are shitty -_-;
By anemori 2011-05-19 18:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Terribly Wrong!

I am so pissed after reading the article. We veterans couldn't even get a proper benefits after years of service sacrficing our lives, family and friends through every deployment we did in hostile areas. Some of us has serious illness and we couldn't even get a proper medical and monetary benefits.

This whole thing is a joke and they need to fix this !!!

"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense." -The Comedian from Watchmen
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-19 18:40:41
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Arawn said:
Why is this political fodder? Its the extremes of a loophole and not indicative to the system as a whole. Would you cut off all aid to everyone to stop these few people? Or do you stand by good governance, close these loopholes and chalk this up to poor enforcement standards?

For every person like this, there is a horde of unfortunate hard working people that were fired for office politics or were actually injured on the job. To condemn them for this travesty is rather short sighted and knee-jerk.

i'm really glad to see at least a couple people get this.

seeing the horrified reactions and calls for new laws over this and the food stamp collecting lottery winner really disappointed me.

yes people, let's spend tens/hundreds of millions of dollars and tens of thousands of government man-hours to write new laws to cover the minuscule minuscule minuscule amount of money we are losing to the lottery winning food stamp collecting and adult baby diaper wearing contingent.

oh god to think just anyone can now win the lottery and stay on food stamps THIS LOOPHOLE WILL BE EXPLOITED BY BILLIONS IT MUST BE CLOSED AT ALL COSTS

get a sense of perspective people :/
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-19 18:44:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Wombie said:
From watching the video, it's clear that he's capable of behaving like an adult and working a job. Not only that, he's a fairly skilled carpenter.

The "former nurse" who takes care of him full-time also seems like she could be doing the same thing with actual children, or in a nursing home, or anything else along those lines.

It's a bummer to know that I'll never be able to collect social security because people like this having been mooching the system for years.

Also, his defense on why he should be able to keep his benefits is that he'll kill himself if they take them away. >.>

yes. you will lose out on your social security benefits because of the massive diaper wearing baby fetish foodstamp receiving voting bloc WE MUST NIP THIS URGENT PROBLEM IN THE BUD.

the fact that social security was designed for a lifespan that meant paying benefits for the two years between retirement and death and is now paying out decades of benefits to people who refuse to die as planned has nothing to do with it
 Asura.Patriclis
Serveur: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-05-19 19:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-05-19 19:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Did anyone consider the possibility that his disability payments and his weird-*** hobby are in no way related? People seem to be assuming they're cause and effect, but that's not how it works.

I'm pretty sure you can't walk into a social security administration office and ask for disability payments because you want to live as a giant baby.

If the guy has a legitimate physical disability, as defined by the required medical examinations, why do we care that he chooses to eat his spaghetti-o's in a high chair? It costs the same for us either way.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-05-19 19:41:05
Link | Citer | R

Anyone seen 13 ghosts with the giant baby? o.o
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-19 19:48:17
Link | Citer | R

lol
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-19 19:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Arawn said:
Why is this political fodder? Its the extremes of a loophole and not indicative to the system as a whole. Would you cut off all aid to everyone to stop these few people? Or do you stand by good governance, close these loopholes and chalk this up to poor enforcement standards?

For every person like this, there is a horde of unfortunate hard working people that were fired for office politics or were actually injured on the job. To condemn them for this travesty is rather short sighted and knee-jerk.

i'm really glad to see at least a couple people get this.

seeing the horrified reactions and calls for new laws over this and the food stamp collecting lottery winner really disappointed me.

yes people, let's spend tens/hundreds of millions of dollars and tens of thousands of government man-hours to write new laws to cover the minuscule minuscule minuscule amount of money we are losing to the lottery winning food stamp collecting and adult baby diaper wearing contingent.

oh god to think just anyone can now win the lottery and stay on food stamps THIS LOOPHOLE WILL BE EXPLOITED BY BILLIONS IT MUST BE CLOSED AT ALL COSTS

get a sense of perspective people :/

Give me a break! While this specific outrage is directed at this specific person the general attitude it's directed at people who FREELOAD off the system, and The notion that freeloaders aren't EVERYWHERE is quite ridiculous. I myself know many people who will game any public system they can in order to be as lazy as possible, and I bet you do too. But you're right lets just let them waltz on through with their sense of entitlement, its only a small amount and wont make much of a difference over the long haul, right?.

The absence of any outrage can only indicate a lack of comprehension of the scope of the problem.
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-05-20 02:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Did anyone consider the possibility that his disability payments and his weird-*** hobby are in no way related? People seem to be assuming they're cause and effect, but that's not how it works.

I'm pretty sure you can't walk into a social security administration office and ask for disability payments because you want to live as a giant baby.

If the guy has a legitimate physical disability, as defined by the required medical examinations, why do we care that he chooses to eat his spaghetti-o's in a high chair? It costs the same for us either way.

It is actually very difficult to get SSI paid out for a medical disability. You need a lawyer and usually the first petition is always denied. It also depends greatly on what type of medical condition you have and how severe it is (for autoimmune diseases it has historically been very difficult to qualify).

In regards to some comments, SSI is paid out to people who have already paid into the program. They aren't taking money from "you", they are basically taking early retirement. Each applicant gets a different amount of money depending on many different things, one being how much money they have paid into the system.

As for the article, it is very poorly written. No where does it state exactly why he is receiving benefits but just "that he may be taking advantage of the system". Seems to be just a piece to inflame public opinion.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-20 02:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Has minecraft taught you nothing?

Gold is used for very few but relatively important devices.

Iron is far more important than it though.

(And diamond isn't, but you get me)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-20 02:57:37
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

wat.

Remove head from rectum please Tweek.
[+]
 Phoenix.Wombie
user: Wombat
By Phoenix.Wombie 2011-05-20 08:16:19
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Wombie said:
From watching the video, it's clear that he's capable of behaving like an adult and working a job. Not only that, he's a fairly skilled carpenter.
The "former nurse" who takes care of him full-time also seems like she could be doing the same thing with actual children, or in a nursing home, or anything else along those lines.
It's a bummer to know that I'll never be able to collect social security because people like this having been mooching the system for years.
Also, his defense on why he should be able to keep his benefits is that he'll kill himself if they take them away. >.>
yes. you will lose out on your social security benefits because of the massive diaper wearing baby fetish foodstamp receiving voting bloc WE MUST NIP THIS URGENT PROBLEM IN THE BUD.

the fact that social security was designed for a lifespan that meant paying benefits for the two years between retirement and death and is now paying out decades of benefits to people who refuse to die as planned has nothing to do with it
I recently heard a radio interview with a woman who worked for the government investigating people who collect social security benefits to determine eligibility. It turns out that while it is very difficult to make it clear that you are deserving of receiving disability benefits, it is even more difficult to prove that someone who is collecting is no longer (or never was) eligible.

She said something to the effect of "we know that at least 20% of those who collect, shouldn't be; and the number is speculated to be as high as 30%."

When you consider how much money that is over time, it's not nearly as minuscule an issue as you're making it out to be. Also, the guy in this video is 33, IIRC. Which means he's got, potentially, another 50 years of collection in him, plus the time he's already collected. I find it hard to believe that he'll only be receiving money that he paid into the system.
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-20 09:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

It is actually very difficult to get SSI paid out for a medical disability. You need a lawyer and usually the first petition is always denied. It also depends greatly on what type of medical condition you have and how severe it is (for autoimmune diseases it has historically been very difficult to qualify).

In regards to some comments, SSI is paid out to people who have already paid into the program. They aren't taking money from "you", they are basically taking early retirement. Each applicant gets a different amount of money depending on many different things, one being how much money they have paid into the system.

As for the article, it is very poorly written. No where does it state exactly why he is receiving benefits but just "that he may be taking advantage of the system". Seems to be just a piece to inflame public opinion.

Getting SSI Benefits is not as difficult as you think.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704681904576319163605918524.html

To defend the guy because he's taking "his own money" is ridiculous, the guy is 30, he's been getting benefits for more than a few years, if he started working at 15 I doubt hes put more than 10 years of money into his own system. I bet he pasted that total dollar amount the first year of his disability. He will probably live another 30-40 years just taking money from the system.

Disability should be for people who are not able to work, not for people who are clever enough to work the system to enable their freeloading.

I don't understand the outrage and kneejerk rush to stick up for this guy. Social security is GOING broke, but yet we can't look shamefully upon the people who take advantage of everyone else, or even take action to try and save it?

What do you people think is going to happen once it collapses.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-20 10:36:00
Link | Citer | R

People are assuming some of us think the system is entirely screwed up based on this one case or 2 cases (the 2mil) but that couldn't be further from the truth for me.

The truth is those 2 cases are just more proof of what I had already believed, the system is upsidedownassbackwards these 2 cases are just 2 of thousands upon thousands of exploits that people use to manipulate the system while people who really need help get turned away.

People talk about getting a perspective? The problem is much bigger than these 2 cases, it's a broken system and just one of the many leeches sucking our Country dry.

Unemployment, welfare, food stamps, disability, social security take your pick they are all equally screwed up and saturated with exploits where people manipulate and take advantage of the system. These people have been doing it for so long some of them understand the system better than anyone else.