Raider's Poulaines Where?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Raider's Poulaines where?
Raider's Poulaines where?
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-06-06 16:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eeek said:
Cerberus.Savannah said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Ragnarok.Babygyrl said:
there is an easy way to get feet drops.. Do not MAX out AMBER.. i learned this the hard way getting RDM feet.. We maxed it out and feet never would drop.. We went in and got only about 4-5 ambers. and all pearl lights one day and i got rdm whm and blm feet (and we got multiple mnks and THfs) in about an hour. ( this was just me and my husband duoing) i suggest trying that way.
This works like a charm. It's the same method I used to get my RDM feet and to help LS mates farm feet for their newly-leveled jobs. Feet are really easy to farm once you know how to do it.

Or you can do that and just have super bad luck...

*speaks from experience~~~*

It's never taken longer than ~90 minutes to farm up the desired bewts once we learned not to overload on amber lights. And that's only farming with two, maybe three people.

Farming bewts is just that easy.

Luck does play a major role in whether or not you get an feet at all.
I spent 10hrs in an exp/AF farm party and didn't see a single pair of BLM feet. Following day during an Abyssea event got 3 pairs in 20mins, and we wasn't even farming gold boxes.

Also took me close to 2 weeks to get DNC feet, the drop rate is just crappy, and my luck with booties I actually want vs boots I don't give a toss about (im lookin at you cor) is pathetic.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-06-06 16:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Wow. :(

It took me less time than that to farm up a Refresh Hairpin and two pretty solid Dark Rings.

After the adjustment, it was a breeze to get myself and my friends the last AF3 bewts we needed. For me, RDM bewts took the longest to drop at 100 minutes (farmed solo).
 Fenrir.Etain
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Etain
By Fenrir.Etain 2011-06-06 21:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Any suggestions on what can I effectively solo for the drops, if anything? No one on my server seems to have any want to farm for feet (in Attowha, anyway). :S
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-06-06 22:20:59
Link | Citer | R

I have THF DNC BLM RDM, and I chose to farm on DNC. For THF, I don't know if I'd choose THF/NIN with 2 DD + 1 Regen Atma or THF/DNC with 3 DD Atma. You might need to do some experimentation to see what works best for you, but if you can con a DNC or mage to tag along for weapon/magic skillups (or a little pocket gil from gold chest drops), I'd definitely pick /NIN. Dual Wield 3 and Subtle Blow 3 are worth it.

Unless I had friends with me for azure, the farming sessions were a race against the clock. I built only amber and pearl lights while solo.

I farmed in the area with *** and coeurls (near Conflux 08), and I switched between them depending on the presence of exp alliances or other soloists/small parties. Upon arrival, I pop some food (mithkabobs or red curry depending on my mood) and start on amber lights. 80-100 amber lights should do the trick - it's enough to increase the gold chest rate without generating the large gold boxes (the large boxes just mean an increase in the number of things than can load in the boxes - small ones are best for item farming).

Obviously, kill with Aeolian Edge for the first 20-30 minutes. Ephemeral Murex do roam the area, and if comfortable, kill them as well (just beware the wind-based murex as THF cannot amber those ... they will have a green-dottish aura about them).

Once amber light is sufficiently built, just start killing *** and/or couerls as quickly as possible while avoiding weaponskill kills. If you have a Clear Demilune Abyssite, you can pop and kill any tier1 Abyssea VNMs that do sometimes appear in this area. Tier1 VNMs are nice in that they always give pearl light when killed the pearl way.

And that's it, really: build lights and then go on a bloodthirsty killing spree. I'm likely making this sound far more complex than it really is, but I know you'll figure it out with a little experimentation. :)

EDIT: My DNC's standard TP set caps Subtle Blow, so *** and coeurls never have enough TP to use those irritating moves on me unless a friend is also meleeing. The mandies on the east since of the mountain may be another good target mob, although I don't know if they give both pearl and amber lights (I can't check since I'm at work and taking a break from FFXI for the time being).
[+]
 Cerberus.Ustav
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-06-07 14:08:15
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kuz said:
Is it bad that I have these.
Got them months ago.
And upgraded them to +1
and my THF is 37?
+2 or gtfo!
 Cerberus.Ustav
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-06-07 14:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Btw Rictor did you end up getting them? I did a search for you earlier but you weren't on!