Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Sunburst on NIN
Sunburst on NIN
First Page 2
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-05-16 00:38:59
Link | Citer | R

I know that the general population would know this but..

Capped staff skill + 5 staff merits + Hakke Hachimaki (or if u have Temperance Torque + 2 staff merits + Hakke Hachimaki) gives a NIN sunburst /war. That makes nin more usefully than war being able to do 11/13 red !! WS.

Happy red !! proc'ing^^
 Unicorn.Grimjow
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2011-05-16 00:50:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm hoping once cap raises to 95 NIN wont need the merits.... But nice to know :)
 Bismarck.Asera
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Asera
By Bismarck.Asera 2011-05-16 00:54:26
Link | Citer | R

WAR/NIN (WAR/SAM easier but then lose dagger procs) with Great Katana merits and torque gets Tachi: Jinpu too so WAR has 11 aswell. None of them are really more useful than the other for red proc.
[+]
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-05-16 00:58:09
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but for now using merits is ok as they aren't missed merits^^ I only posted this because I duo/solo alot and being able to proc sunburst w/o whm/blm/rdm accidently getting killed while Tp'ing is a big help.

Bismarck.Asera said:
WAR/NIN (WAR/SAM easier but then lose dagger procs) with Great Katana merits and torque gets Tachi: Jinpu too so WAR has 11 aswell. None of them are really more useful than the other for red proc.

Ah I forgot about the bamboo stick war calls a GKT.^^

Kannagi90 NIN FTW though :p
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-16 01:02:02
Link | Citer | R

You do realize war/nin with the right merits and gear can do 12/13 procs right? Can do jinpu and ei
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-05-16 01:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Neokenesis said:
Yeah but for now using merits is ok as they aren't missed merits^^ I only posted this because I duo/solo alot and being able to proc sunburst w/o whm/blm/rdm accidently getting killed while Tp'ing is a big help.

Bismarck.Asera said:

Ah I forgot about the bamboo stick war calls a GKT.^^

Kannagi90 NIN FTW though :p
Ukon WAR would like a word with you.

But it's actually pretty nice NIN can get /sunburst. I've been able to goof around and go DRK making up GS and Scythe. I honestly can't remember the last time I came DRK to an event.
[+]
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-05-16 01:07:50
Link | Citer | R

Ah cool I just noticed Trainee burin^^ That is pretty cool. So by next lvl up WAR could do 13/13 WS if gear right for koki^^
 Bismarck.Asera
By Bismarck.Asera 2011-05-16 01:08:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You do realize war/nin with the right merits and gear can do 12/13 procs right? Can do jinpu and ei

How is that? I been looking and ei is 175 skill. Ninja 45 cap is 138. with 8 merits thats 154. Only 12 more skill in gear out in game atm. That means 166 is WARs max katana. still 9 skill short. Am I missing something?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-16 01:10:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Asera said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
How is that? I been looking and ei is 175 skill. Ninja 45 cap is 138. with 8 merits thats 154. Only 12 more skill in gear out in game atm. That means 166 is WARs max katana. still 9 skill short. Am I missing something?
Whoops got a little ahead of myself was looking at the 49 cap. Also there is 17 in gear so only falling 4 short so next lvl cap increase will be good to go
 Bismarck.Asera
By Bismarck.Asera 2011-05-16 01:13:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Asera said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Whoops got a little ahead of myself was looking at the 49 cap. Also there is 17 in gear so only falling 4 short so next lvl cap increase will be good to go

What gear beside Torque (7) and head (5) is in game for katana? I havent come across it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-16 01:17:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Asera said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Asera said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
What gear beside Torque (7) and head (5) is in game for katana? I havent come across it.
Dammit was mixing up gkt this time lol it has 17 this has well actually 13 now with new head. Fine fine at 99 war will have 12/13 :)
 Shiva.Msthief
Serveur: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 01:23:33
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Neokenesis said:
Capped staff skill + 5 staff merits + Hakke Hachimaki (or if u have Temperance Torque + 2 staff merits + Hakke Hachimaki) gives a NIN sunburst /war. That makes nin more usefully than war being able to do 11/13 red !! WS.

I'm pretty sure you need 7 merits + Hakke.

Skill cap calculator

At 45, warrior has 132 staff skill. 132+10+5=147 (five merits). 132+14+5=151 (seven merits). Did you forget to mention a gear piece for five merits? I'm living proof that you need seven with just Hakke, but this way was easier.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-05-16 01:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Dammit was mixing up gkt this time lol it has 17 this has well actually 13 now with new head. Fine fine at 99 war will have 12/13 :)

I think you'll find it to be 13/13 looking that koki and ei are 175 skill^^
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-16 01:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Neokenesis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I think you'll find it to be 13/13 looking that koki and ei are 175 skill^^
Yeah except nin is A- kat and C- gkt so only 139 base skill at 49. Though more skill gear might be out by then and it is close
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-05-16 01:32:42
Link | Citer | R

To me its totally worth meriting, I 2box alot with my mule having everything but GS and Scythe Procs is nice, granted GS and Scythe clues seem to like to show up more than youd like <.<

SE needs to give us an Event GS and Scythe D:
[+]
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-05-16 01:33:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Msthief said:
At 45, warrior has 132 staff skill. 132+10+5=147 (five merits). 132+14+5=151 (seven merits). Did you forget to mention a gear piece for five merits? I'm living proof that you need seven with just Hakke, but this way was easier.

Actually yeah you are right. I'm at work, bored and not actually logged onto the game right now. I just know that I'm able to do sunburst and wanted to let other NIN out there know it is possible.

head + 7 merits
head + torque + 3 merits

Sorry about the miss information.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-16 01:35:01
Link | Citer | R

Also I know alot of people don't have pitchfork which makes it harder for nin to get raiden... I mean I don't think they did it last year or the year before....
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 01:37:03
Link | Citer | R

Not having a pitchfork is really pissing me off. As with the OP I lowman a lot, usually triboxing a Whm and Blm. I like subbing thief on my blm since my whm doesn't have /thf so that forced me to sunburst on my Whm.

One bad thing about having 151 staff skill is not being able to hit a lot of Heroes NM's. I've started having to put out a lot of cash for icarus wings.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-05-16 01:41:31
Link | Citer | R

I generally duo(really trio) whm or blm / nin / 2nd account thf.. Conspirator is golden^^ so are temp item drinks^^ Also stack ur +acc gear. You don't TP as fast but you are more accurate.

I actually have my wife to thank for my pickfork+1. I hate doing events but she loves it.^^ SO grateful now. was complaining it was a waste of space b4^^
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 01:58:05
Link | Citer | R

I hope you don't mind a little derailment but from the way everyone here has been talking I'd appreciate your input.

What do you guys use for tp and why? I'm torn between af1+ocelot and full empyrean. I noticed that when eating red curry buns I had acc problems against heroes NM's with just af1+ocelot. I needed full empyrean to get back near the accuracy cap. But the idea that af1 gives me almost a 10% decrease in delay keeps bugging me.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-16 02:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Msthief said:
Not having a pitchfork is really pissing me off. As with the OP I lowman a lot, usually triboxing a Whm and Blm. I like subbing thief on my blm since my whm doesn't have /thf so that forced me to sunburst on my Whm. One bad thing about having 151 staff skill is not being able to hit a lot of Heroes NM's. I've started having to put out a lot of cash for icarus wings.
In those cases I highly recommend using sea daughter on whm. You should normally have at least 1 atma to spare with a nin tnk and it's useful if you feel like doing blue procs.
By Ashaaman 2011-05-16 02:48:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Shiva.Msthief said:
Not having a pitchfork is really pissing me off. As with the OP I lowman a lot, usually triboxing a Whm and Blm. I like subbing thief on my blm since my whm doesn't have /thf so that forced me to sunburst on my Whm. One bad thing about having 151 staff skill is not being able to hit a lot of Heroes NM's. I've started having to put out a lot of cash for icarus wings.
In those cases I highly recommend using sea daughter on whm. You should normally have at least 1 atma to spare with a nin tnk and it's useful if you feel like doing blue procs.

I'd rather use VV... The slow on SD sucks.
 Cerberus.Wojo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-23 12:19:15
Link | Citer | R

I dont have a pitchfork >< Anyone have suggestions on covering that proc before October? :)
 Fenrir.Shishiza
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-23 12:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Wojo said:
I dont have a pitchfork >< Anyone have suggestions on covering that proc before October? :)

Pitchfork +1
 Cerberus.Wojo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-23 12:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure you cant get the +1 outside of event either.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Shishiza
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-23 12:42:23
Link | Citer | R

In terms of sunburst (unless you're solo) likliness is you're going to be with a whm regardless and -should- be able to do that trigger anyway.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-23 12:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Neokenesis said:

Happy red !! proc'ing^^
Hmm that is very nice to know
I don't think it's worth the merits though unless you have extra space.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-05-23 13:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Valefor.Neokenesis said:

Happy red !! proc'ing^^
Hmm that is very nice to know
I don't think it's worth the merits though unless you have extra space.

Until next update WAR could technically use Ei D:
so I imagine NIN and WAR would be proccing monsters
First Page 2