Da Moon Dont Be Makin Its Own Lite

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Da moon dont be makin its own lite
Da moon dont be makin its own lite
 Diabolos.Smackbones
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Smackbones 2011-05-05 22:49:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Sugarland could die for all I care <.< Katy as well. I hate the fact that I suffer the full brunt of every hurricane that comes through, including damage, and electricity will be off for like 2 weeks, but they're back up only hours after it passes and business is as usual..

Money and influence pull many strings my friend.

Edit: Just FYI, we are NW H-town and went through 9 days without power during the last big one.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-05 22:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Even more reason to hate Katy!
 Bismarck.Luces
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-05-05 23:01:28
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Smackbones said:
Sugarland could die for all I care <.< Katy as well. I hate the fact that I suffer the full brunt of every hurricane that comes through, including damage, and electricity will be off for like 2 weeks, but they're back up only hours after it passes and business is as usual..

Money and influence pull many strings my friend.

Katy get's it ***done fast, Houston stands around going oh knows what do we do. After Ike it was like 4 days later and I had come down fora visit, and I Was like "wait, that build board that has been there for 22+ years and is there right now was taken out in the hurricane and fixed already?", "yep". I mean within 1 week after Ike the parts of Katy that where destroyed looked almost as nothing had touched it. Katy doesn't like looking like trash, like Houston does, except maydecreek but we don't count that as Katy >.>(former Katyian). Also Katy is full of chickens they are like Hurricane, probably wont reach us? oh well I'm fleeing town anyway. So less stupid people causing problems and getting stuck and what not where Houstonians are all like "STAND YOUR GROUND", followed by "oh it's that same road that I got stuck on last year when it rained, there is no way a day's worth of rain will put it under more water then 4 hours of rain did, I'm just drive through it. Wtf why I am stuck on this same road again, even though this will be my 5th flood ruined car, Houston this is your problem not mine for being an idiot."

edit- P.S. - screw Katy hate that boring town, never want to live there again, can't wait to actually move into Houston in August.
 Diabolos.Smackbones
By Diabolos.Smackbones 2011-05-05 23:06:09
Link | Citer | R

You can't deny, Houston has character. The outer lying areas? Not so much.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-05 23:07:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Luces said:

edit- P.S. - screw Katy hate that boring town, never want to live there again, can't wait to actually move into Houston and be stuck in traffic on the freeways and find roads impassible every time it rains hard.
FTFY!
 Diabolos.Smackbones
By Diabolos.Smackbones 2011-05-05 23:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Awwww c'mon Slip, put some smooth grooves in the CD player and don't give a care about the traffic. lol
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-05 23:11:00
Link | Citer | R

You can't deny, Houston has character. The outer lying areas? Not so much.
Yeah my town has lots of character!

"Look, we're not going to be one of those cities who decide to make everything new and look respectable, we're going to keep that classical '40 year old, dilapidated buildings and more crack than road surface ghetto feeling going'. We don't want to look like every other city! We want to be recognizable and unique, no one should come through and mistake this city as 'just another city', they should look around and go "did a ***bomb go off?"!!"
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-05 23:11:41
Link | Citer | R

Awwww c'mon Slip, put some smooth grooves in the CD player and don't give a care about the traffic. lol
I don't really drive in it, I only go to Houston when I get caught doing something stupid and I have to go to court <.< I'm still in Harris County.

I just live int it's shadow, our news is Houston news, Houston Chronicle is the major newspaper, etc etc.. It's like living in Houston, but not really living in Houston.
 Diabolos.Smackbones
By Diabolos.Smackbones 2011-05-05 23:16:48
Link | Citer | R

"Look, we're not going to be one of those cities who decide to make everything new and look respectable, we're going to keep that classical '40 year old, dilapidated buildings and more crack than road surface ghetto feeling going'. We don't want to look like every other city! We want to be recognizable and unique, no one should come through and mistake this city as 'just another city', they should look around and go "did a ***bomb go off?"!!"

Really? You checking out the art scene, the museums? The live music? How about concerts? Professional sports? Let's not even get into the good food available.

Not sure where you guys live but within a 30 mile radius, the wife and I can find fun.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-05-05 23:17:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Luces said:

edit- P.S. - screw Katy hate that boring town, never want to live there again, can't wait to actually move into Houston and be stuck in traffic on the freeways and find roads impassible every time it rains hard.
FTFY!

Pfft I have lived in this area my whole life you don't have to get stuck on the freeway, more often then not, there are better options around it. My car has T-tops and a good sound system though, and I plan accordingly to lower stress, so I just recline my seat, turn up some modest mouse or whatever I'm in the mood for, and work on my tan. While everyone else gets all pissed off and worked up over nothing they can do.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-05 23:21:10
Link | Citer | R

I don't want to disclose my actual location publicly, but trust me, this is a ***town..

I'm not talking about actual Houston <.<

There is none of that you mentioned here. This is a plant workers town, if you're looking for fun, you go to Houston, you don't find it here, there are a few bars, but nothing like you'd see in Houston.. I mean bars where everyone knows everyone else, they don't go there for music, they go there to drink.. Our 'art scene' consists of one movie theater, and the occasional 'artsy fartsy' (bonus points if you know what movie I'm referencing!) thing the local high school puts that is open to outsiders, and sometimes even sells tickets to.

Everything you mentioned, people go to Houston for, it's not far, we live like a half an hour from the suburbs that actually count as 'Houston' (where you will see Houston patrol cars), downtown is about an hours drive, if there's no traffic.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-05-05 23:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Really? You checking out the art scene, the museums? The live music? How about concerts? Professional sports? Let's not even get into the good food available.

Not sure where you guys live but within a 30 mile radius, the wife and I can find fun.

I love the museum of art, The Houston symphony is AMAZING, go into midtown and there a million things to do. The music scene is ok but not as good as Austin. I have been dieing to go to a Dynamos game since they opened but never have been able to, that will change this year. Gay pride parade every year, and then the ton's of different festivals they have in the town on the weekends through out the year. I start Culinary school in August and the only reason I chose Houston was because of it has the highest amount of respected, established, and best Chef's in Texas. It may not look pretty, but it's a hell of a lot more fun.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-05-05 23:26:27
Link | Citer | R

I don't want to disclose my actual location publicly, but trust me, this is a ***town..

I'm not talking about actual Houston <.<

There is none of that you mentioned here. This is a plant workers town, if you're looking for fun, you go to Houston, you don't find it here, there are a few bars, but nothing like you'd see in Houston.. I mean bars where everyone knows everyone else, they don't go there for music, they go there to drink.. Our 'art scene' consists of one movie theater, and the occasional 'artsy fartsy' (bonus points if you know what movie I'm referencing!) thing the local high school puts that is open to outsiders, and sometimes even sells tickets to.

Everything you mentioned, people go to Houston for, it's not far, we live like a half an hour from the suburbs that actually count as 'Houston' (where you will see Houston patrol cars), downtown is about an hours drive, if there's no traffic.

wow that's kinda far I live 34 mile from downtown Houston so 15-30 min drive depending on the traffic and amount of cops. From your description I'm fairly certain I know where you are though my friend may work out there(he refuses to live there) if his internship that he has with this current company over the summer goes well.
 Diabolos.Smackbones
By Diabolos.Smackbones 2011-05-05 23:26:32
Link | Citer | R

I have a feeling I know where you are Slip. And I wasn't meaning to sound like I was talking down to you. I'd buy you a beer just the same.

Back on topic! The moon is made of cheese!!!! More accurately, gouda.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-05 23:28:08
Link | Citer | R

No offense taken <.< Just saying, it's a completely different scene out here..
 Cerberus.Ansime
Serveur: Cerberus
user: ansime
By Cerberus.Ansime 2011-05-05 23:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Want some fun? Go on Omegle and ask "What happens if you drop a pen on the moon?"

I tried this a few days back and the majority either said "It would float there" or "It would float into space"

The answers i got were... "My nipples would get hard", " I would rape Justin Bieber", "Errthing goes her and dere", and "I think i'm going to kill myself"

I gave up.
 Diabolos.Smackbones
By Diabolos.Smackbones 2011-05-05 23:30:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Luces said:
I start Culinary school in August and the only reason I chose Houston was because of it has the highest amount of respected, established, and best Chef's in Texas. It may not look pretty, but it's a hell of a lot more fun.

And that's even more funny because I am a blacksmith who makes custom kitchen cutlery. lol
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-05 23:45:44
Link | Citer | R

I thought this conversation was particularly relevant:
Quote:
Stranger: hi my name is billy and i love science
You: what happens when you drop a pen on the moon?
Stranger: the pen will land
You: thank you

I also got "it falls"
 Diabolos.Smackbones
By Diabolos.Smackbones 2011-05-05 23:47:01
Link | Citer | R

Is this a click or twist-type pen?
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-05 23:48:58
Link | Citer | R

idc as long as it's not an *** pen
[+]
 Diabolos.Smackbones
By Diabolos.Smackbones 2011-05-05 23:49:56
Link | Citer | R

OK, WTF is an *** pen?
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-05 23:53:21
Link | Citer | R

the illusive third type of pen
 Diabolos.Smackbones
By Diabolos.Smackbones 2011-05-05 23:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Hence why Google comes up negative. Clever man
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-05 23:58:42
Link | Citer | R

*** pen

they also have an episode where JD loses cox's favorite pen, and a discussion about clicky and twisty pens hence why I thought of scrubs. I think cox changes the hospital order to twisty to screw with kelso.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-06 00:02:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eugene said:
I thought this conversation was particularly relevant:
Quote:
Stranger: hi my name is billy and i love science
You: what happens when you drop a pen on the moon?
Stranger: the pen will land
You: thank you

I also got "it falls"
after the first 3 it went downhill though lol
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-05-06 00:08:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Luces said:
I start Culinary school in August and the only reason I chose Houston was because of it has the highest amount of respected, established, and best Chef's in Texas. It may not look pretty, but it's a hell of a lot more fun.

And that's even more funny because I am a blacksmith who makes custom kitchen cutlery. lol

lol awesome.

OK, WTF is an *** pen?

It's the pen that the Doctor removed from one of their patients anus that then gets passed around the hospital as "The special pen", as a way of hazing new people.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-06 00:11:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Luces said:
OK, WTF is an *** pen?
It's the pen that the Doctor removed from one of their patients anus that then gets passed around the hospital as "The special pen", as a way of hazing new people.

It's the pen from the *** box, because there is no lost and found.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-05-06 07:07:28
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amael said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I once tried to explain to somebody that there's no evidence of a great flood, and they asked me how the mountains were formed then...

While you can say there's no evidence that confirms 100% that a great flood happened, i wouldn't discard it under the realm of possibility. There's a lot of stories around the world about a great flood. My though, I can't say it happened. But I do find preposterous the idea of the Ark.

Actually, If there was a flood for that period of time large enough to flood the planet, there would be plenty of evidence of it.

The Euphrates had (may still have I'm not sure) seasonal floods and there's historic evidence of a very large one in the time frame where some dude had loaded a bunch of crap on his boat to survive.

Sure anything's possible but the possibility that there was a word wide flood isn't plausible.