Bahamut.Darkelv
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Darkelv
By Bahamut.Darkelv 2009-03-26 10:53:37
Link | Citer | R

Hello!

For the one who wanna know!
Domsen switched from server Bismarck to Bahamut and to our ls (Clan der Planlosen).

After his trial has ended he got the ls' first Byakko's haidate (was also our fault, we didn't really decide someone to lot it because so many ppl needed them!).
He won the lot and one day after he didn't came on anymore.
After a little investigation we found out that his char is back on Bismarck again. Our ls leader got some pm conversation with him and he said that he can't log in because his internet is down, but we see that he is active at Bismarck!
So we don't trust his story!

Just want to tell everyone to take care with this guy so he can't do this again.

thx~
 Asura.Icon
Serveur: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-03-26 12:15:33
Link | Citer | R

Is that all he did?

He didn't exactly do anything wrong here. He lotted on something that he was allowed to lot on. There was no restrictions to him not lotting on it so he did. Don't get me wrong it is kinda of a *** thing to do, but realize the number of *** there are in this game. That is the equivalent of shoplifting a stick of gum compared to what some of these people do on a daily basis.

Also, something to consider. Are you sure that it is the same guy? Not saying it isn't or anything, but there is what a 90 day period in order to switch servers again? I don't know when he got to your server, but I see February and march between the two character and I question. There is a possibility that another person moved into the server with the same same. Doubtful, but just saying.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-03-26 12:25:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry that someone received a highly-desired piece of gear and then quit/server-transferred, but let's face it, this isn't exactly a rare occurance. It sucks when it happens to you, that's for sure, but it's not uncommon for this to happen by any means.

Try not to let it get you down too much.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-26 12:30:20
Link | Citer | R

well his post is just warning the server of him using the ls to get whatever then goes back 2nd transfer. So just take it as a warning ppl not dog him for being nice to tell another server of ppl like that dude.

I mean you guys would be a lil mad if someone just joined your ls, and first chance they got was getting a Novio earring and then transfers back. he could sell that novio making him about 22 mil im guessing. so technically its an appropriate warning though haidates are r/e
 Phoenix.Superunknown
Serveur: Phoenix
user:
By Phoenix.Superunknown 2009-03-26 12:40:44
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

To be honest this is a whole lot better warning than all of the other recent "Warning thread" have been....
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-03-26 12:46:11
Link | Citer | R

Wait...people use linkshells to get gear? Stop the presses!!

Here's what happened as far as I can tell:

1) Guy passes his trail period.
2) Haidate drops.
3) Leaders allow guy to lot on Haidate.
4) Guy wins Haidate.

What's wrong with this? Nothing. The guy won it fair and square. If you don't want a new member to win haidate, then your sacks need to get their ***together and iron-out a revised gear distribution system. You yourself said that "we didn't really decide someone to lot it because so many ppl needed them." This is the problem...not the guy walking away with Haidate.

Also, any LS that just hands out Novios to brand new members is equally as stupid.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-26 12:50:39
Link | Citer | R

No the point was he transferred there to his server, got in a sky ls, gets the haidates, then transfers back to his original server no warning to ls. So they are just a bit mad that that they got used by getting the haidates then transfers back with them.

I do agree yes that there shouldve been some priority lot order for the haidates , so he did win them fairly but to transfer right after is shady, so thats why they are mad of it.
 Bahamut.Moehre
user: moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2009-03-26 16:15:08
Link | Citer | R

The post of Darkelv is not intended as a Player bashing, or revenge seeking.

Please note we are aware of our own fault (for allowing the loting in the first place).

But please understand our linkshell ist -NOT- an Event Linkshell. It is a -SOCIAL- linkshell. Therefore, we feel that what Domsen did is a bit of a backstabbing, since we value the player relationship more than the drops themselves.

This post is only intended as a warning to prevent further situations as this one.

He did have the right to lot, but he did not have the right to backstab us. A simple warning, or a "I am going back to Bismarck because I miss my friends" would have been enough.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-03-26 16:59:06
Link | Citer | R

I understand why they are mad. it really took them a while to manage to kill a byakko. they worked hard and long to get to this point with most of them having almost no experience in sky and now that they finally killed the kitty the lucky winner just leaves without saying anything. that just sucks and for being an a**hole he deserves a player warning. not for doing something illegal but for doing something wrong to the people in the LS.

Good luck on more kitty-pants!
 Bismarck.Kenage
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Kenage
By Bismarck.Kenage 2009-03-26 21:16:37
Link | Citer | R

I don't know as far as I'm concerned, LS's should operate in pay-per-lot nothing less.

If you ls let you lot it and you win it, it's yours, that's the whole thing about points, %attendance, etc.

And once something is yours, you should be able to do whatever you want with it(sell it, drop it, put it on your *** and move servers, etc)

That said, being a social ls, I totally get the stab in the back though.

Ken.
 Ramuh.Konoko
Serveur: Ramuh
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-03-26 21:20:40
Link | Citer | R

This is still a fair warning though. People on Bismarck can keep an eye out for this guy, since even though what he did wasn't technically wrong, it still was a fairly ***ish move. I wouldn't want to associate with somebody like that.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 21:53:38
Link | Citer | R

A lot of people still run with the idea that LS's are botherhoods of like minded individuals who plan on months and years of cooperative play to see their toons made into FFXI billboards...

Reality check!

With server tranfers available and the number of ways of hitting 75 growing, more power pumped individuals have entered the game with the mindset that endgame LSs are nothing more than event based parties that should be '/pcmd leave' as soon as they get what they want. It's a *** move to be sure, but its rapidly becoming the norm. If you don't want this to happen to you, make your trial period longer so people are more inclined to stay, or keep your events fresh and rotating so they have more gear incoming to stay satisfied.
 Bahamut.Darkelv
By Bahamut.Darkelv 2009-03-27 00:18:53
Link | Citer | R

First I want to say Thank you for all the replies and for your understanding!
Yes Domsen didn't do anything wrong, and as I said, it was also our fault but now we learned out of it.
I just wanted to let ls' on Bismarck know about this guy and what he did to us, so he hopefully can't do this again to your ls'.

Thx~
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-27 00:50:13
Link | Citer | R

Superunknown said:
To be honest this is a whole lot better warning than all of the other recent "Warning thread" have been....

This ^

Moehre said:
The post of Darkelv is not intended as a Player bashing, or revenge seeking.

Please note we are aware of our own fault (for allowing the loting in the first place).

But please understand our linkshell ist -NOT- an Event Linkshell. It is a -SOCIAL- linkshell. Therefore, we feel that what Domsen did is a bit of a backstabbing, since we value the player relationship more than the drops themselves.

This post is only intended as a warning to prevent further situations as this one.

He did have the right to lot, but he did not have the right to backstab us. A simple warning, or a "I am going back to Bismarck because I miss my friends" would have been enough.

And this ^

Truly sorry for the loss. I hope SE looks well upon you and your lsmates, and a ton of other things drop the next time around = ) Good luck!
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-27 00:59:06

Konoko said:
This is still a fair warning though. People on Bismarck can keep an eye out for this guy, since even though what he did wasn't technically wrong, it still was a fairly ***ish move. I wouldn't want to associate with somebody like that.

This.
 Ifrit.Myori
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Myori
By Ifrit.Myori 2009-03-27 02:18:58
Link | Citer | R

In an unrelated matter, I thought bahamut server was closed to transfers and new char creation? Did this just happen recently? oo
sorry about your loss.
 Bahamut.Darkelv
By Bahamut.Darkelv 2009-03-27 02:26:36
Link | Citer | R

I don't know the exact date when he transfered to Bahamut, was already a bit ago, like 2-3 months.
 Bahamut.Moehre
user: moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2009-03-27 02:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Domsen changed server from Bismarck to Bahamut around beguining of October, last year, if I am not mistaken (it's been a long time already <.< my memory is not that good).

He changed back to Bismark on the 25th of February.

We only post this one month afterwards because we wanted to believe either:

a) it was a bug in FFXIAH.com data base
b) it was a second character named Domsen that happens to have fishing skill at same level, and with coincidently SAM 75 and WAR 40 too
c) in human beings

We tried to contact him, trying to belive in one of these possibilities, but after a month of poor excuses, that all together very explicitely say "LIES", we decided it was time to warn the people in Bismarck.

And thank you for your understanding.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Serveur: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-03-27 03:56:39
Link | Citer | R

hmm, Yeah i would hate to see that happen to me, or any of my friends, thanks for the warrning

-side note-

I dont understand, why ppl are allways getting so dam fussy over warrrnings, Should be more like "ok cool, thanks for the heads up"

Not *Oh well your *** stupid for not kicking him, or letting him join * or what ever, yea theres that PCMD leave / kick commmand, but i never use it, i nnever knew about it untell recently, and i still dont use it,

normaly, in Dyna or sky , You wont quartarmaster an yes ppl will ninja lot at the last second, if they win, they poof, if not they say "whoops lag"

I think Just because Some ppl Do kick or remove ppl after if they dont Pass in a X amount of time, but thats kinda, Rude, an makes your members think you dont trust them. not alotta shells want to inspire that, cause if i think my shell doesn't trust me, ill Straight up leave

anyway, Yea Thanks for the warrning, ill know to stay clear of this person, if they come to my server.

can't wait for some one to cpmplane about X person again, an then i can say "Ha there was a player warrning, but you didnt take it seriusly"
 Bahamut.Evilswine
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-03-27 06:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Blackmist said:

I dont understand, why ppl are allways getting so dam fussy over warrrnings, Should be more like "ok cool, thanks for the heads up"

this ^
 Siren.Vagustae
Serveur: Siren
user: VaguStae
By Siren.Vagustae 2009-03-27 08:05:10
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Konoko said:

This.
 Bahamut.Darkelv
By Bahamut.Darkelv 2009-03-27 09:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Good to hear that so many people understand this and will take care of this guy.
Also nice to see that it was good to open this thread, and it helped!

thx!
 Bismarck.Cadiz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Cadiz
By Bismarck.Cadiz 2009-03-27 13:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the heads up! I'll make sure to stay away from this guy.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-27 13:56:29

You guys need to shut the *** up and relax, all he's trying to do is let people know what he did, he's not looking for sympathy so just chill. Damn everyone is always looking to insult someone else. My apologies go out to the OP for having to deal with something like that, the warning was well noted.