Leviathan.Draylo said:
Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Atmas:
Physical spells: VV,RR,MM is top notch.
Magical spells(for whiskering):Blinding Horn,Lion,Ultimate
Almace: RR,GH,Apoc or sometimes I use RR,A&O,Apoc

Swords: inside abyssea x2 STR swords is pretty perfect. Outside I'd do 1 STR 1 DEX.
If you do decide to make an Almace then your offhand should be the DA+10 in my opinion grants you more DA for your TP phase on both hands as well as in WSs. Also it has great DoT compared to the Oa3-4.

I'd reverse that. Outside Abyssea, fSTR isn't capped. 2STR outside, 1DEX 1STR inside.

And yeah, I wish I had done Double Attack Khanda, but the OA2-4 is still pretty insane.

Well outside ACC isn't capped like it is inside. Really it comes down to a parcer I guess.

What?

It's called Sushi if you actually need it. Which you shouldn't.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-05-01 13:11:19
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The interaction of all the many modifiers on weaponskills (levels of attack, strength, in conjuction with monster defense levels and other factors) make straight modeling of what will happen during a weaponskill difficult to predict. Especially when it's fairly difficult to accurately know certain factors like mob defense.

Even if it is possible to calculate all these rather "simple" interactions, percentage based modifiers, (crit, da, etc) require an appropriate model without further skewing the data.

Getting all the these models to work properly together is a difficult and time consuming process, and it has to be changed every time a rogue variable is thrown in. This is no mean feat, and certainly not accessible to the regular ffxi player.

There's a reason we have models for things like enmity and ss, but not weaponskills.

You can largely ignore mob defence unless you're comparing the Attack stat because it is multiplicative and so can be ignored in a straight comparison.

We do have a weaponskill model - and a good one.

(D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP * Pdif

apply some variations to that, and there you go.

And there are several spreadsheets available for best gear choices depending on situation, the most popular of which are made by Kinematics.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-01 13:44:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Atmas:
Physical spells: VV,RR,MM is top notch.
Magical spells(for whiskering):Blinding Horn,Lion,Ultimate
Almace: RR,GH,Apoc or sometimes I use RR,A&O,Apoc

Swords: inside abyssea x2 STR swords is pretty perfect. Outside I'd do 1 STR 1 DEX.
If you do decide to make an Almace then your offhand should be the DA+10 in my opinion grants you more DA for your TP phase on both hands as well as in WSs. Also it has great DoT compared to the Oa3-4.

I'd reverse that. Outside Abyssea, fSTR isn't capped. 2STR outside, 1DEX 1STR inside.

And yeah, I wish I had done Double Attack Khanda, but the OA2-4 is still pretty insane.

Well outside ACC isn't capped like it is inside. Really it comes down to a parcer I guess.

What?

It's called Sushi if you actually need it. Which you shouldn't.
Level correction and base skill would be the more appropriate terms here. In addition to gains from skill, DEX, and possibly gear, we gained 4 acc per level for every level up to that of whatever we're fighting. Pizza and sushi may be relevant next update, but right now accuracy should not be an issue outside Abyssea.