BLM Gear 60+?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » BLM Gear 60+?
BLM Gear 60+?
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-19 10:26:56
Link | Citer | R

from what I have experienced before (LS experience and my Sch), I do agree with Elanabelle.
MAb is good and all for stuff that is weaker or on par, I saw BLMs do e-pen numbers in dynamis, and while farming drops for pops, but it all went to hell on stuff like Fafnir n stuff, as that needed Ele Mag skill + and MAcc+ to even be effective. (I remember the elder Blms telling the newer ones to do so)
As for my Sch, gear was sorta limited to it pre-abyssea, so its still a little behind atm. while i can nuke crappy mobs effectively, I have a hard time nuking NMs properly on it, mainly for reasons said above (sch has ele mag+ and int built)

I almost had a Novio too >.< lol bid all my points to it, but faker didnt dropped that night >_>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-19 10:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
If we're going back to roots, I lvled blm to 75 in CoP zone manaburns, no wotg no whitegate partys and it was a lot of fun too.
Oh yeah? Back in my day I had to walk to camp 5 miles in the snow up hill both ways for a measly 50 exp. And I liked it!!!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-19 10:42:47
Link | Citer | R

so before i could get back in track on blm, I have been working on getting all my missing spells, questing the ones i skipped, and started farming Gil to get Sleepga 2 & some AM. between getting seals (other jobs)and gearing blm, hopefully it wont take long :x
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-19 11:05:41
Link | Citer | R

But Jet sure does look better on you than fugly slops!
[+]
 Cerberus.Halfpint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-04-19 12:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Bismarck.Elanabelle]Since the OP is requesting help gearing up as a "new" BLM, I felt it prudent to share with him/her how to gear BLM like a classically effective BLM, not a trisomy 21 Abyssea MAB-onry BLM.

Really??....I mean really?!?!..You seriously think ppl on these forums are going to know what trisomy21 is?? If you are going to say a combination of gear is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE just say so without some obscure reference to a genetic disorder that only someone with a medical or special needs background is going to know about.

***And unless this person has several mil stashed or a group of ppl willing to help them get r/ex stuff, a lot of the suggestions made are un-obtainable. Abjuration for the zenith does not drop like rain, then finding the cursed item and appropriate money will take time as well. A lot of the items suggested can't even be found on the AH on Cerb. Those items may go on a wish list but bare bones basic stuff should be the first priority
[+]
 Sylph.Azlon
Serveur: Sylph
user: azlon
By Sylph.Azlon 2011-04-19 14:43:09
Link | Citer | R

I personally used the jets at lvl75 for many yrs, for the simple fact i am hume and with using the obvious int/mab/macc pieces and not mp gear i found the extra 15mp would allow me to get off an extra nuke/sleep/aspir/drain/etc. It didnt always happen that way obviously, but i can definitely count on more fingers/toes that it did tho. Imo if you're not taru use the jets until you upgrade to abyssea gear.

im really surprised there is so much debate over slops/jets when we all know he will only be lvl75 blm for prolly less than a day lol. in all honesty, while you arent lvling blm go farm leg seals, they arent hard to get. dont buy either slops/jets just lvl pass them and use teal till you finish the blm legs.

with as fast as you will lvl blm, cuz blm has np getting abyssea pts, i wouldnt worry much about 75 gear as i would abyssea gear for when you will actually be using that gear alot/fulltime for lvl 90+.

like elana said tho, if they do introduce higher tier mobs/nm's, blm's better be ready to go back to your HNM gear sets. i dont have the best or worst blm but if you need to check out a 90 gear set for something to reference off of then feel free to look at my blm nuke set in item sets up here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-19 18:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Misao said:
so before i could get back in track on blm, I have been working on getting all my missing spells, questing the ones i skipped, and started farming Gil to get Sleepga 2 & some AM. between getting seals (other jobs)and gearing blm, hopefully it wont take long :x

Can quest sleepga2
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-19 18:34:53
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bismarck.Misao said:

Can quest sleepga2

It might be a bit difficult nowadays :x, at least from what I remember a friend going through. Had to shout for a while, days, to get the other tarot cards.
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-19 18:36:12
Link | Citer | R

Cards is the hard part
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-19 18:37:30
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bismarck.Misao said:

Can quest sleepga2

It might be a bit difficult nowadays :x, at least from what I remember a friend going through. Had to shout for a while, days, to get the other tarot cards.

That's true, but for most people it's still faster to quest it than dish out the 1m+ the scroll costs now, kinda depends on how OP farm gil I suppose:p
Most people I know that arent in big shells still farm shitty items for shitty gil <_>

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-20 02:03:49
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
You make a sandoria mule, you walk it to selbina give it 3 stacks of boyahda moss which is usually lossless then you walk it to jeuno and get 5 cards. takes like 30 minutes and then delete the mule. repeat if needed. save thousands and time

Uh that doesn't sound like a great time saver lol. What happens when you get the same cards as your main? Wasted all that time, it takes like 15-30m to walk to Selbina from starting town. You also have to complete other quests beforehand iirc, one being the ahriman lens.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-20 02:04:57
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bismarck.Misao said:

Can quest sleepga2

That's true, but for most people it's still faster to quest it than dish out the 1m+ the scroll costs now, kinda depends on how OP farm gil I suppose:p
Most people I know that arent in big shells still farm shitty items for shitty gil <_>

You don't need a "big shell" to farm gil. It's extremely easy and requires little to no work... Get a job that can aeolian edge burn > go to zone with max profit (probably heroes area) > sell the NM pop items. In the process you get a lot of synth materials as well as npcable weapons.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-20 02:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but how much time would that take overall, and how much do people really buy those cards for? I would think it would be faster to just save up 1m and buy the scroll.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-20 11:56:12
Link | Citer | R

lol thing is, I sold my Sleepga 2 scroll back in 2007, back then I didnt even hoped to finish Blm.
The Tarotarot cards took me like 3 months to do (not shouting not doing it actively)
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-25 21:12:48
Link | Citer | R

whats a good mob to farm Blm Af3 boots? :o

Post deleted by User.