Mattress Firm Refuses To Sell To Muslim Woman

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Mattress Firm Refuses To Sell To Muslim Woman
Mattress Firm Refuses To Sell To Muslim Woman
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-04-19 17:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I just hate that dialogues between us are like wholly and incomplete just because you don't feel like committing to what you say.
Me replying constructively or not won't change anything, I'm already labeled a Muslim.
Didn't you say you were a Muslim previously in this thread many times?
But anyway.
If we can't have a real conversation past this I'm done.
leading sentences make my head hurt, and you've done that kind of stuff long before this thread even came to be.

So you can continue to assume whatever you want about my and I with you as long as we don't actually talk.
Which is the whole point of this and is something people need to do.
Talk to each other.
Rather than just assuming ***(many times it being on both sides)((double one here, don't treat this like I am talking about our discussion in this bolded statement.) we need to talk to each other

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-04-19 17:55:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I never said once I am Muslim before that post (before this thread I might of hinted towards me being Muslim or so) and me being Muslim still has nothing to do over the fact, so why mention it?

I assume nothing.

I do agree though, that the word Muslim or Islam in any of post on this website looks so foreign that it resembles the meaning of absolute bad which is why I don't hint towards it whenever I post and hate the mention of it because people will perceive me as this and only this; there is no in-between in the human brain.

You are either for or against equality.
I haven't said anything negative about Muslims that has been mentioned so far in this discussion and I am friend with a few Muslims, though that is not what we even talk about.
Hell I've read the Koran and regularly study philosophy of my own volition, but I can understand why on this site especially there is such vitriol towards religion in general that you mainly see a partisan response.

So again, if I've offended, I do apologize, but if it's something you got offended by because you didn't want to talk to me about it, that's on you.

You can say you are either for or against equality and break it down like that.
But equality is not a concrete term.
You can't hold equality in your hands, rub it in-between your fingers.
i honestly don't think equality is every going to "truly" happen as long as there are billions of different individuals in this world.
forced equality isn't going to work either.
until people actually want to be equal with your fellow man it's not gonna go much farther than it is.
You are just gonna have to face up to the facts.
You can't go through the world without stepping on somebodies toes, but you can damn sure try to keep your eyes open and apologize if you do.
 Ifrit.Arawn
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-04-19 17:57:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Hey guys, hope I can have your attention for a moment.

As anyone who's been around here for awhile probably knows, I'm a pretty lenient admin.

The forum rules are more like subjective guidelines. We're perhaps overly-forgiving in our disciplinary measures, choosing to slowly escalate issues from private warnings, un-indexing topics from the main page, topic bans, temp bans, etc. We work through problems in private, out of respect for user privacy. The number of people actually permanently banned from the site is surprisingly few: no more than a few dozen over 4 years.

Well, we have a problem.

You may have noticed that the number of ads, etc, on the site has been on the decline. Today, Google pulled their ads off the site entirely, citing that the amount of sheer profanity, nastiness, and other behavior exhibited on the forums was so bad, they no longer want to be associated with our brand. In other words, the behavior of our forum users has now put the future of the site itself at actual, tangible risk.

The blame here is shared. On one hand, it's our users' fault -- particularly a handful of regulars -- who have repeatedly refused to act with even a modicum of decency. But on the other hand, it's our fault for being too vague, too lenient, and failing to clearly delineate where the line is and take consistent, public action when it's been crossed.

-----------------------

So, some changes are coming.

I'm still working out exactly what they will be, but you can expect a lot less leniency towards posts that are profane, hostile, indecent, or target certain people or groups.

Flame Core may be going away. "Player Warnings" may be as well. We're tossing around the possibility of a global profanity filter. We will be less lenient in our disciplinary system, relying far more heavily on permanent site bans than we have in the past. And we will be far more pro-active in communicating precisely what the rules are and our process for dealing with infractions.

For site regulars who feel their prolific participation has previously entitled them to push the boundaries of the rules, I suggest you adjust your expectations accordingly, because our sponsors have been quite clear that you make up the bulk of the problem. On the other hand, we will need your help in fixing the immediate issue, and your continued participation is equally important to the health of the site.

But we can't mess around with this stuff, or there will no longer be a forum for any of you to participate in.

Thanks for your time, and your understanding. More specific info will be forthcoming.

That's right, its because of everyone involved in this thread. You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!
 Ifrit.Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-04-19 17:58:23
Link | Citer | R

No really. I just wanted to post that somewhere and this was the first one that popped up!

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-04-19 18:00:54
Link | Citer | R

T_T Yeah. Yeah he is. I've been... I've been a... bad kid. ^^; Though I agree that if we're losing ad sponsors because of this that something has to be done. BUT! thats enough topic derailing.

Anyone want to go find a mattress cover shaped like a Burkha?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-04-19 18:08:13
Link | Citer | R

so basically we're going to turn into that stupid SE forum where there are good, whole-hearted Christian talk with the iron rule of the mods ever present.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-04-19 18:10:22
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
so basically we're going to turn into that stupid SE forum where there are good, whole-hearted Christian talk with the iron rule of the mods ever present.
Hey if you wanted your potty mouth site you should have put your $ where your mouth is!(meaning, money is what controls this site, who is able to fund the site primarily makes the bulk of the decisions for the site)
:D

Ifrit.Arawn said:
T_T Yeah. Yeah he is. I've been... I've been a... bad kid. ^^; Though I agree that if we're losing ad sponsors because of this that something has to be done. BUT! thats enough topic derailing.

Anyone want to go find a mattress cover shaped like a Burkha?
I think sheets and some cloth and other sewing materials could make that.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-04-19 18:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Was gonna post this in the thread about that post, but it's locked:

As much as I hate the idea of concealing people's ideas, there are a larger amount of times where I wish something would stop the hateful commenting or trolling, since there is a lack common sense for the most part.
I feel the same way about our political system.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19