Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Ukonvasara
Ukonvasara
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-04-16 11:08:13
Link | Citer | R

So I've decided to pursue the new GA. Since I do not have an evasion tank job I don't plan on soloing any NMs but do have a NIN friend that can kill with RDM alt and me on WAR to proc red. Anyone have any advice on the NMs for Glavoid KIs and ideas on low man'ing Glavoid.50 shells...eek! Thx guys.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-16 11:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Bring a WHM too, AoE damage adds up over time and you'll want the RDM to /BLM for stunning Disgorge so you'd need someone else for erasing slow anyway.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-04-16 11:22:04
Link | Citer | R

For Glavoid ill be on BLM for stun but notices he resists quickly. So you're saying NIN, WHM, and RDM/BLM should work?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-16 11:30:10
Link | Citer | R

He's only going to resist if you start stunning things that aren't Disgorge. We use a BRD/BLM for stun and never have issues because we never have to stun more than a handful of times per fight. NIN + WHM + RDM/BLM will be fine for killing Glavoid.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-04-16 11:35:01
Link | Citer | R

Excellent, thx. Any advice setup for KI NMs?
 Gilgamesh.Crolion
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Crolion
By Gilgamesh.Crolion 2011-04-16 11:41:05
Link | Citer | R

most KI nms are a joke the one to watch for is adze hes a major pain if he decides to go ape ***on u lol.

my advice to u after going through 100 glav shells (ukon and cake cutter) is take ur time it gets annoying very quickly such a huge pain aint gonna lie.

good luck to u on ur adventure i know i wont be seeing glav for a long time lmfao.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud
By Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud 2011-04-16 11:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Lol I'm sure I'll feel the same after 100 shells.
 Ifrit.Tsuneo
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Tsuneo
By Ifrit.Tsuneo 2011-04-16 16:47:26
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud said:
For Glavoid ill be on BLM for stun but notices he resists quickly. So you're saying NIN, WHM, and RDM/BLM should work?
That should be fine, but make sure your NIN pays attention. Healing it is an easy way to make the fight suck.
 Gilgamesh.Crolion
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Crolion
By Gilgamesh.Crolion 2011-04-16 17:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Tsuneo said:
Quetzalcoatl.Tivaud said:
That should be fine, but make sure your NIN pays attention. Healing it is an easy way to make the fight suck.

that is true honestly u wont need a BLM for stun if ur nin is paying attention miga ichi wont let him die from disgorge mind u our nin got smacked a few times right when it wore.

healing it sucks especially when u blade HI it for 9K+ hp >< hell of a long annoying fight after that.

just pay attention when killing it and it will be smooth as hell longest part is getting KIs the fight if paying attention is a breeze
 Phoenix.Bleube
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Bleube
By Phoenix.Bleube 2011-04-17 14:09:53
Link | Citer | R

you can always use atma of the earth wyrm and go with a whm with barstone. never had much of a problem using that setup
 Cerberus.Yannie
Serveur: Cerberus
user: TheYannie
By Cerberus.Yannie 2011-04-20 15:17:40
Link | Citer | R

We ran ours WAR, SAM, THF, RDM/BLM, and WHM mule. We tried mnks and nins but the constant attacking was healing it way too much when a TP move was about to go off. Even when they were completely on the ball with turning their back, they still seemed to triple attack and heal it for 1k.
With WAR/SAM and SAM we could easily get our backs turned before a TP move and have 100TP rdy for a ws during casting or during 2 hour. Just make sure rdm stuns disgorge or the thf will be tanking for a bit...which also works well.
Oh and make sure your sam doesnt skillchain >.>
 Caitsith.Lyall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-04-20 15:29:01
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't told until after my Glavoid stage was done, but apparently you don't even need to stun Disgorge if you just fight unlocked and clip inside of him when he readies it. Or so I've heard.

Make sure your melees are quick, too. As mentioned he'll absorb when doing TP, and we've had way too many full attack rounds from a careless ninja or monk who happened to get "lucky."