SAM challenged WAR
First Page 2
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-04-15 18:59:04
Link | Citer | R

During a gear debate in my ls where i adviced to get Zahaks mail instead of grim NQ for inside abyssea DD. One of my "opponents" a sam challenged me to a DMG dual inside abyssea

I did a quick scout of his gear.

that is
soboro
danger grip
-
thew bomblet

samhead +1
chiv chain
kemas earring
fowlers earring

sam body +1
perle gloves
to acc rings ( ican remember the names. one of them is sniper i think)

foragers mantle
swift belt
sam +1 legs
sam +1 feets

my gear is as following atm

Raging Rush

TP

Should i fear this sam?
Any advice on food/atma or strats i could use?

I normaly use VV+RR+Apoc and looking at getting red curry-buns for the fight
I'm thinking of quickly getting my WS elemental belt before the fight.
I havent been working on my war for quite some time

anyway toss your feedback
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
Serveur: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-04-15 19:01:56
Link | Citer | R

you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-15 19:02:38
Link | Citer | R

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOOOOOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-15 19:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Foragers....
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-15 19:05:03
Link | Citer | R

lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-15 19:07:33
Link | Citer | R

I find it amusing that with exception of af3+1 sam looks like a gimp lvl 75
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-15 19:09:21
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't even talk to a sam like that spouting nonesense
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-15 19:14:32
Link | Citer | R

Does this sam happened to be named Jamar?
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-04-15 19:14:36
Link | Citer | R

Make sure you bet on this.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2011-04-15 19:14:57
Link | Citer | R

I bet his GK skill is like 50
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-15 19:17:14
Link | Citer | R

By Bimbam 2011-04-15 19:22:49
Link | Citer | R

y'know I've busted out 4k+ jinpus with soboro in dom ops. It's not as lol as it first appears. (obviously an OAT magian would be better)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-15 19:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Do you know what I think? I think this thread was a thinly veiled attempt at getting people to say your gear is good.
[+]
 Titan.Prefalin
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-04-15 19:25:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Do you know what I think? I think this thread was a thinly veiled attempt at getting people to say your gear is good.
ohai flion
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-15 19:25:34
Link | Citer | R

Bimbam said:
y'know I've busted out 4k+ jinpus with soboro in dom ops. It's not as lol as it first appears. (obviously an OAT magian would be better)
JINPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-15 19:26:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Not sure why, the sam is lol but the war isn't a rockstar.
[+]
By Narb 2011-04-15 19:34:51
Link | Citer | R

i just lol’d
[+]
By Pooman 2011-04-15 22:29:46
Link | Citer | R

I think by now people should know that if you're asking a question on this forum and you post your gearset and it's not awesome, you're question will be ignored and all posts will be about how crappy the gear is.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-04-15 22:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Khimaira said:

An underlined, italicized and bold ellipsis. /thread
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-04-15 22:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Unless that weapon of yours is packing STP then your choice of grip is inferior and you should use Pole Grip. Also get a damn Bullwhip Belt, Ovni is a joke.

As for the SAM, that's one horrible set.. but I'm tired of commenting on shitty SAM's and their gear, as people should really know better by now so I can't be bothered to write anything.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-15 22:46:33
Link | Citer | R

Pooman said:
I think by now people should know that if you're asking a question on this forum and you post your gearset and it's not awesome, you're question will be ignored and all posts will be about how crappy the gear is.

His gear had nothing to do with the replies given to him until Flion guessed (a thinly veiled but harmless troll attempt on his own maybe? :P) it might've all been a sophisticated plot set by the OP to receive positive comments on his gear.

The reason why people bandwagoned the OP was due to the utter gimpness of the SAM's gearset and his claims he could outdmg a 3 Atmad WAR in Abyssea with a Soboro and a danger grip to begin with..

You basically saw red in place of green
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-15 22:48:09
Link | Citer | R

It's a ploy.

Everything is a ploy!

/paranoid
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-04-15 22:51:23
Link | Citer | R

what.... is.... this.... i don't even.
[+]
By Pooman 2011-04-15 22:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Pooman said:

His gear had nothing to do with the replies given to him until Flion guessed (a thinly veiled but harmless troll attempt on his own maybe? :P) it might've all been a sophisticated plot set by the OP to receive positive comments on his gear.

The reason why people bandwagoned the OP was due to the utter gimpness of the SAM's gearset and his claims he could outdmg a 3 Atmad WAR in Abyssea with a Soboro and a danger grip to begin with..

I don't see where you got the SAM claiming he could outdmg a WAR in abyssea. All I see is the part where he said the SAM challenged him.

Edit: I reread my post and I guess I should have said "a gearset" instead of "his".
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-15 22:58:16
Link | Citer | R

Pooman said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Pooman said:

I don't see where you got the SAM claiming he could outdmg a WAR in abyssea. All I see is the part where he said the SAM challenged him.

Because challenges are made so both adversaries can cross the finish line hand in the hand right?
[+]
By Pooman 2011-04-15 22:59:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Pooman said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Pooman said:

Because challenges are made so both adversaries can cross the finish line hand in the hand right?

I still see no claims.
By Pooman 2011-04-15 23:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Also, a challenge could also test to see how you are or where you stand against someone who's better. Not saying that's what the SAM was thinking, but just because it's a challenge it doesn't mean the guy is thinking "I will pwn the crap out of him".
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-04-16 02:26:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xzeikx said:
I bet his GK skill is like 50
His skill is capp'ed and merrited (just as me)

Shiva.Flionheart said:
lol yes because my gears is sooo good compared to you guys... erm no just no. not even near this

but the sam was talking on and on how nobody has ever outdamged him (inside a byssea).
and some of his friends confirmed it so i was like . huh ? makes no sense. Time to advice with the ones who is wiser.

Pooman said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Pooman said:

I still see no claims.

Sorry i didn't worded it properly.
but yes as stated above he claimed he could easily outdmg me because he could selfskillchain light

He claimed i might beable to peak higher now and then. but overall DoT he would deal out more dmg

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Unless that weapon of yours is packing STP then your choice of grip is inferior and you should use Pole Grip. Also get a damn Bullwhip Belt, Ovni is a joke.

its the 10% wpn dmg and i wish to redo it
There is a lot of work on my war needed to be done cause i formed it for war/nin but her is the stp
wpn delay = 488 + grip = 473.36
tp gaing is 12.6 (8 hit)
store tp in gear =14 which gives me a tp gaing of 14.3 (7hit)
But yes its on /nin so really wrong setup.
and i need to adjustt this when im going /sam

I will get bullwhip belt. but as said it been a long time since i had been working on my war. mainly late i have focussed on on my gear mule
[+]
 Unicorn.Bladerah
Serveur: Unicorn
user: knighted1
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2011-04-16 02:34:16
Link | Citer | R

all im seeing is you are both gimps
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-04-16 02:38:53
Link | Citer | R

title should be player is mentally challenged and does not understand how to gear jobs, please help.
[+]
First Page 2