Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Capital Punishment
Capital Punishment
 Valefor.Strahd
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: SirStrahd
By Valefor.Strahd 2011-04-14 14:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Ghandi once said "An eye for an eye and the whole world will go blind". I agree with this, but trust me, I don't mind blurring their vision.

You and I both know what it's like being in jail for extended period of times, and I'm sure you've heard/seen things in there also that people who haven't been there would think are some form of elaboration of what took place inside those cement walls. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your brother and I'm absolutely abhorred at the sentence that guy received.

Before I worked in the maintenance department on the Clements Unit in Amarillo, I worked in the kitchen. Inmates would make 'special' trays for their targets and pay a bag of coffee for the guys on the food lines to ensure they were delivered to their target. Anything from feces to finely crushed glass in their food a few times would put them in so much pain and the medical treatment we receive in there is laughable at best. It's amazing what a bag of coffee can pay for behind the walls in there.

The worst hell is the one you mentioned, with the Deliverance reference. Seen it happen many many many times in there.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-14 14:28:36
Link | Citer | R

If I could actually get my way with the dude, I probably would give up my sight. I'm not a visual person, I'm more of a music person, while it would make life more difficult in the end, it's still not something I view as absolutely essential in my life.

Or you could just call it me taking justice in my own hands, when justice failed me.

Not many of us really know how flawed the legal system is, you'd think that it would be more benefactory to one side or the other (victim/criminal) but it's really not.. Basically everyone is screwed.

Most are just decent upstanding citizens, and never see an extended period of the inside, others aren't taken seriously because they just always spend time in jail.. I haven't spent any time in jail in 5 years.

The legal system is extremely flawed, I'd love to be able to stand up and say "this, this and this is wrong" but I can't. I just know that both sides get screwed, I've been on both sides, I've known others not affected by my brother's loss that have experienced the wrong thing.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-04-14 16:01:37
Link | Citer | R

You people need to look in depth on Immanuel Kant's philosophy.
Fiat justitia, pereat mundus.

That being said, I am obviously for the death penalty.

"Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law." - Kant's Categorial Imperative

Basically what a criminal does when they murder, rape, molest, steal, abuse, etc. Is they follow through with a choice. In doing this they act out their will. By doing that, they've ascribed, whether they know it or not, that murder, rape, molestation, thievery, abuse, etc. should be universal laws. At this point we are free kill him, or do whatever he did. Yet, if we do strike vengeance upon a murderer we are also validating other people to murder us. We don't merely do this. We make certain of the innocence of the person in question, and we execute them in a humane fashion, usually far more humane than the crime commited. We make it clear that it is duty that motivates us to this action. We execute criminals because it is our duty to ourselves and others in society. What the criminal feels should be irrelevant, and what the vengeful feel should also be irrelevant. It's not a matter of the law, the cost, emotions, or even the system which we carry it out by. It's about the dignity each of us possess. Letting malicious criminals live, even in prison, is the same as saying, "I place the dignity of murderers over the dignity of their victims."
[+]
 Alexander.Kewitt
Serveur: Alexander
user: ginger
By Alexander.Kewitt 2011-04-14 16:19:32
Link | Citer | R

OK, I wrote way to much, deleted it all.

Now all I have to say is kill them all.
3 strike rule the hell with life in jail costing tax payers money for 25+ years. Slow unhuman death on TV with a countdown. If you don't think this prisoner should die we need to raise $1 million to support him in jail for the next 25 years. If we can't raise that by the time the countdown is dead the money raised will goto his family.

For everyone that is currently serving life for the 3 strike rule!

This would only effect people who crime physically effected someone else.

Dealing drugs doesn't physically effect someone else because the person doing the drugs choise to do them. But someone in for assult would get this option!