Government shutdown
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-08 01:43:10
Link | Citer | R

I think this is getting a little ridiculous.. Now the military and their families are not going to get paid. Plus veterans (like myself) however congress still will get paid! what a buncha ***!

to top it all off the Gas stop bill that congress passed is now facing veto because Obama wont sign it as long as they cant agree on a budget.. (basically hurting American families).

This ***needs to stop!
[+]
By zahrah 2011-04-08 01:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Disgusting! Some of us have been watching the outcome of this on another thread. I'm so disappointed in our government.Military families are already passed over by the government! I hate to say it, but our future as a nation looks bleak.
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Serveur: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-04-08 01:57:12
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-08 01:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Love it
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-08 02:13:43
Link | Citer | R

my sister's friend's husband is in the marines, she came and visited us one day, and she was telling us that not everyone makes the big bucks like they portray when recruiting. they live paycheck to paycheck, and missing one would really rock their world.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-04-08 02:17:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
my sister's friend's husband is in the marines, she came and visited us one day, and she was telling us that not everyone makes the big bucks like they portray when recruiting. they live paycheck to paycheck, and missing one would really rock their world.

then they aren't doing something right, are they using military housing?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-08 02:38:00
Link | Citer | R

no idea, but she's a stay at home mom so she can take care of their child
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-08 02:38:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:

its not about military housing, the mil. pays you a housing allowance and food subsidy even if you live off base. they take the housing allowance if you use base housing..

her point is that when you join the mil. the promise alot of things, money basically flowing out of your pockets..
not true.

I too felt the living pay check to pay check woe's when i was in the military also.. not as easy as everyone makes it out to be.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-04-08 02:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
no idea, but she's a stay at home mom so she can take care of their child

I would hope to assume the child is under the age of 5/6 (whatever age they enroll in school in the area) otherwise for her to not have an income too and to struggle shows an issue that probably should be resolved, the whole housewife thing and expect a stable budget is kind of silly in today's world. But they probably don't live on military housing, otherwise bills shouldn't be that far out of control, however children are expensive.

I live in an area where housing is expensive (unless you want to live in a trashy place) and I started going back to school to get out of the paycheck to paycheck living thing, it's no fun place to be in.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-04-08 02:43:13
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:

its not about military housing, the mil. pays you a housing allowance and food subsidy even if you live off base. they take the housing allowance if you use base housing..

her point is that when you join the mil. the promise alot of things, money basically flowing out of your pockets..
not true.

I too felt the living pay check to pay check woe's when i was in the military also.. not as easy as everyone makes it out to be.

only an idiot believes everything the recruiter tells them, that's common knowledge.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-08 02:44:46
Link | Citer | R

their child is like 2-3,

but i dunno, i was just saying what she said
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-04-08 02:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
their child is like 2-3,

but i dunno, i was just saying what she said
word.

sucks (the situation)
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-08 02:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:

his* point is that when you join the mil. the promise alot of things, money basically flowing out of your pockets..
not true.

only an idiot believes everything the recruiter tells them, that's common knowledge.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-04-08 02:54:38
Link | Citer | R

OP:

The military is vital and important, and the sacrifices made by soldiers (and their families) should never be overlooked.

However, please don't complain, no offense.

Military and veterans receive outstanding benefits that are unavailable to the general American public, including college tuition assistance, attractive pensions, a host of exclusive affordable insurance services, exclusive access to certain publicly-funded healthcare benefits, AND (in many cases) you get to pass down many of these same unadulterated benefits to ALL of your children (and their future spouses!), regardless of how many children you have, how long you live, how long they live, or whether or not they join the military themselves during their lives.

I'm sorry you and many American military families will have to deal with short-term financial difficulties right now, but it's nothing 90% of Americans aren't already dealing with, and it is also just temporary.

The government needs to get their act together and stop pretending that a stalemate is a viable course of action. I agree there. But the victims of this impasse are not just American military families ... it's ALL Americans.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-04-08 02:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Quite frankly if it comes down to a shutdown, Congress, and Obama should forfeit their pay for the rest of their respective current term.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-04-08 02:57:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Quite frankly if it comes down to a shutdown, Congress, and Obama should forfeit their pay for the rest of their respective current term.

You're right.
Won't happen though.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-08 02:59:42
Link | Citer | R

thats something that blows my mind, and just shows another fallacy of how our government is being run

it should be their paychecks on the line with this shutdown, they dont have to give a rats *** about anyone else since theyre still getting paid, which is why theyre being stubborn about the process, i bet you if it was their money on the line this wouldve never ran so late
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-08 03:14:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
OP:

The military is vital and important, and the sacrifices made by soldiers (and their families) should never be overlooked.

However, please don't complain, no offense.

Military and veterans receive outstanding benefits that are unavailable to the general American public, including college tuition assistance, attractive pensions, a host of exclusive affordable insurance services, exclusive access to certain publicly-funded healthcare benefits, AND (in many cases) you get to pass down many of these same unadulterated benefits to ALL of your children (and their future spouses!), regardless of how many children you have, how long you live, how long they live, or whether or not they join the military themselves during their lives.

I'm sorry you and many American military families will have to deal with short-term financial difficulties right now, but it's nothing 90% of Americans aren't already dealing with, and it is also just temporary.

The government needs to get their act together and stop pretending that a stalemate is a viable course of action. I agree there. But the victims of this impasse are not just American military families ... it's ALL Americans.
I never said that this only affects military families.. my post was to express my deepest concern for them and fellow vets, thats not complaining. secondly yes this does affect America as a whole, however military and their families will not be paid while if this shutdown happens, the american public who do not work for the federal government still will.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-04-08 03:22:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

You're right.
Won't happen though.
no reason not to, the majority of their pay is from lobbyists/their party from lobbyists.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-08 03:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

You think that's how they earn their money? Doubt it would effect them much either way.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2011-04-08 03:25:45
Link | Citer | R

The end is coming.......

Look at all the ***that's going on around us seriously!

2012 doesn't seem all too un-realistic to me...

>_>
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-04-08 03:29:08
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

You think that's how they earn their money? Doubt it would effect them much either way.
it would be more of a gesture than anything...
By zahrah 2011-04-08 03:29:33
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:
The end is coming.......

Look at all the ***that's going on around us seriously!

2012 doesn't seem all too un-realistic to me...

>_>

You silly pessimist!
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-08 03:33:26
Link | Citer | R

actually, the recent natural events have piqued my interests recently, coupled with the fact that there are other, more major events that we're overdue for. 2012 probably wont be the end of the world, but it may or may not be a point of radical climate/geological change
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-04-08 03:36:52
Link | Citer | R

I would sooner see a global change in power, which if Sarah Palin gets elected in 2012, there will probably be an apocalypse, so...

A lot of ***is going down, that's for sure.
By richwood 2011-04-08 03:52:12
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Xgalahadx said:

PS

We have already recruited Chuck Norris!
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-08 03:52:40
Link | Citer | R

i do have to say that her tv show was fun to watch, even if she isnt a great politician
By anjisnu 2011-04-08 04:03:31
Link | Citer | R

lol @2012 who in their right minds would put any stock in what people who got drunk (rectally) would say
First Page 2