Time Is Running Out...

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Time is Running Out...
Time is Running Out...
First Page 2 ... 17 18 19
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-04-05 05:49:51
Link | Citer | R

Four days left for the federal government to approve a 2011 spending plan. If they can't reach a deal by Friday then it's a partial government shutdown.

So what do you think will happen?

Will democrats give in to republicans or vice versa?

Will they comprise? Or will there be a shutdown?

Thoughts / Predictions
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-05 06:28:23
Link | Citer | R

I don't really follow politics, they're all corrupt, it doesn't matter what side you align yourself with, you're just approving the corruption.

I mean sure when they decide they want to go into it, they're probably doing it for all the right reasons, but once they get in office, all that changes.

Show me an honest politician, and I'll show you someone that will be changing within a couple of months.

Oh as for the issue at hand, meh, it wasn't going to last forever, sooner or later America will crumble. If everything doesn't go to ***now, they're just buying time. I won't be surprised if everything goes to complete ***within my life time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-04-05 06:36:18
Link | Citer | R

Slip you're being such a downer :(

I figured I'd change the topic to politics for a bit since there's been so much religion lately.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-04-05 06:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I don't really follow politics, they're all corrupt, it doesn't matter what side you align yourself with, you're just approving the corruption.

I mean sure when they decide they want to go into it, they're probably doing it for all the right reasons, but once they get in office, all that changes.

Show me an honest politician, and I'll show you someone that will be changing within a couple of months.

Oh as for the issue at hand, meh, it wasn't going to last forever, sooner or later America will crumble. If everything doesn't go to ***now, they're just buying time. I won't be surprised if everything goes to complete ***within my life time.

hahahaha

good luck with that.

Honestly what do you think will happen? unless they're forced to agree they probably won't.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-04-05 06:39:51
Link | Citer | R

I'm kinda hoping that there's gonna be a government shutdown. Why? 'Cuz It'd be *** hilarious.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-04-05 06:43:01
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
I'm kinda hoping that there's gonna be a government shutdown. Why? 'Cuz It'd be *** hilarious.
So far the only thing I found on how this would affect me is
Quote:
Federal government workers began preparing for a disruption in government services, including a possible delay in income tax refunds, that would occur if a compromise is not struck by Friday's shutdown deadline.
Would be worth the lulz though.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-05 06:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Quote:
Federal government workers began preparing for a disruption in government services, including a possible delay in income tax refunds, that would occur if a compromise is not struck by Friday's shutdown deadline.
Unless taxing is disrupted, tax refunds better not be disrupted.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-04-05 06:48:03
Link | Citer | R

I say if there is a government shutdown we replace them with junkies off the streets of D.C.

They couldn't do any worse, and would work for a fraction of the cost.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-05 06:49:02
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I say if there is a government shutdown we replace them with junkies off the streets of D.C.

There's already a bunch of junkies in office..
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-04-05 06:51:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

There's already a bunch of junkies in office..
They cost too much though.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-05 06:55:00
Link | Citer | R

I vote Robert Downey Jr. for office.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-04-05 07:28:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Four days left for the federal government to approve a 2011 spending plan. If they can't reach a deal by Friday then it's a partial government shutdown.

Thoughts / Predictions

If they can't reach a compromise and avoid a "shutdown", then they all deserve to be fired. All of them.

They got elected to office in order represent constituents, and to lead the country by making policies that work for everyone ... and if not everyone, than for as many people as is possible. A government "shutdown" is simply admitting that "we're either too petty, too stubborn, too stupid, or too irresponsible to do the job you elected us to do".
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-04-05 07:31:58
Link | Citer | R

doesnt matter what happens cz we're going to get *** up the *** in the end.
[+]
 Cerberus.Soluna
Serveur: Cerberus
user: GE4
By Cerberus.Soluna 2011-04-05 07:32:36
Link | Citer | R

Did I miss when hell froze over and Elanabelle started making sense, or was his account hacked?
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-04-05 07:34:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Soluna said:
Did I miss when hell froze over and Elanabelle started making sense, or was his account hacked?
aliens are probing him as we speak
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-04-05 07:34:29
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Four days left for the federal government to approve a 2011 spending plan. If they can't reach a deal by Friday then it's a partial government shutdown. So what do you think will happen? Will democrats give in to republicans or vice versa? Will they comprise? Or will there be a shutdown? Thoughts / Predictions
If they can't reach a compromise and avoid a "shutdown", then they all deserve to be fired. All of them. They got elected to office in order represent constituents, and to lead the country by making policies that work for everyone ... and if not everyone, than for as many people as is possible. A government "shutdown" is simply admitting that "we're either too petty, too stubborn, too stupid, or too irresponsible to do the job you elected us to do".

QFT'izzle

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
doesnt matter what happens cz we're going to get *** up the *** in the end.

QFT'izzle
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-05 07:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Quote:
Unless taxing is disrupted, tax refunds better not be disrupted.
This. Although I already have my refund, I hate to see people depending on their money without it because of our government's incompetence.

Edited for droid ***
 Odin.Spccdog
Serveur: Odin
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2011-04-05 07:44:39
Link | Citer | R

They will do another extension as they have ben doing for the past 2 months.
 Caitsith.Sai
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2011-04-05 08:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't matter. This country is already run by the banks / Wall Street anyway. Our "representatives" are nothing more than a bunch of crack *** who will gladly suck big business' *** for a few campaign dollars or under the table bribes.

This nation is already *** no matter what they do.
[+]
By clyclie 2011-04-05 08:21:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Thoughts / Predictions

If they can't reach a compromise and avoid a "shutdown", then they all deserve to be fired. All of them.

They got elected to office in order represent constituents, and to lead the country by making policies that work for everyone ... and if not everyone, than for as many people as is possible. A government "shutdown" is simply admitting that "we're either too petty, too stubborn, too stupid, or too irresponsible to do the job you elected us to do".
/agreed ^^
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-04-05 08:43:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Thoughts / Predictions

Yes I agree. The US really needs the option "vote of no confidence" when electing government officials.
[+]
 Sylph.Amfortas
Serveur: Sylph
user: gillmaree
By Sylph.Amfortas 2011-04-05 08:55:54
Link | Citer | R

And I suppose none of you vote either, or are active in any kind of politics to try and bring change. When you don't get your unemployment checks, disability checks, income tax refund checks, social security checks, food stamps and can't use Government Services that you complain about yet take for granted, can't go to National Parks, which you won't because you're all too busy playing FFXI, then there will be an even bigger outcry.

Our politicians and government are corrupt, there is no doubt of that, however, the people of this country need to come together, stand up and be counted and send a very clear message. Put up or shut up. Stop sweeping the people here under the carpet because it's easier to involve yourself in other countries problems than it is to face and address the problems here.

Do your homework well at election time, get out and vote. If you don't vote, don't complain.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-04-05 08:57:09
Link | Citer | R

Meh we got our own issues up in Canuckia.. Tories are caught with their pants down in the money jar and the feds charged the Primiere of fraud. Democrats or the Liberals are now using this as a justifiable cause to hold another re-elaction for PM. So now everybody is in the race for a vie at the PM's seat.

Ahh The Whole NA is feeln pissy atm. With the BS that is going on in Libya, I'm just gonna sit back and let it all play its course.

I hate voting anyways. Its the rich ppl that usually get the vote they require to keep their party in government.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alukat
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-04-05 08:58:18
Link | Citer | R

make a flashmob and hang the politicians, guess that would be the best solution lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-05 08:59:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Four days left for the federal government to approve a 2011 spending plan. If they can't reach a deal by Friday then it's a partial government shutdown. So what do you think will happen? Will democrats give in to republicans or vice versa? Will they comprise? Or will there be a shutdown? Thoughts / Predictions
If they can't reach a compromise and avoid a "shutdown", then they all deserve to be fired. All of them. They got elected to office in order represent constituents, and to lead the country by making policies that work for everyone ... and if not everyone, than for as many people as is possible. A government "shutdown" is simply admitting that "we're either too petty, too stubborn, too stupid, or too irresponsible to do the job you elected us to do".
So naive...
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-04-05 09:03:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Amfortas said:
And I suppose none of you vote either, or are active in any kind of politics to try and bring change. When you don't get your unemployment checks, disability checks, income tax refund checks, social security checks, food stamps and can't use Government Services that you complain about yet take for granted, can't go to National Parks, which you won't because you're all too busy playing FFXI, then there will be an even bigger outcry.

Our politicians and government are corrupt, there is no doubt of that, however, the people of this country need to come together, stand up and be counted and send a very clear message. Put up or shut up. Stop sweeping the people here under the carpet because it's easier to involve yourself in other countries problems than it is to face and address the problems here.

Do your homework well at election time, get out and vote. If you don't vote, don't complain.

So you assume everyone posting doesn't vote and that we are all on government welfare which then makes us not worthy of having an opinion? And your assumptions are based off of....?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-05 09:09:29
Link | Citer | R

My prediction: they will narrowly pass a budget shortly before the deadline while the hardliners can show they voted for or against it to show their constituents that they stood up for them even thought their side passed/failed. We will see though.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-05 09:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Amfortas said:
And I suppose none of you vote either, or are active in any kind of politics to try and bring change. When you don't get your unemployment checks, disability checks, income tax refund checks, social security checks, food stamps and can't use Government Services that you complain about yet take for granted, can't go to National Parks, which you won't because you're all too busy playing FFXI, then there will be an even bigger outcry. Our politicians and government are corrupt, there is no doubt of that, however, the people of this country need to come together, stand up and be counted and send a very clear message. Put up or shut up. Stop sweeping the people here under the carpet because it's easier to involve yourself in other countries problems than it is to face and address the problems here. Do your homework well at election time, get out and vote. If you don't vote, don't complain.
So why are you posting on this site and insulting people rather than going out and doing these productive things you speak of... You know nothing about whether people vote or not or speak out or try to change things yet you come in here and judge and speak from the perverbial high horse like your so much better yet here you are..
[+]
 Bismarck.Luftig
user: Luftig
By Bismarck.Luftig 2011-04-05 09:15:48
Link | Citer | R

Similar stuff happening to the great north.

Except if the conservatives can't get their budget to pass they get a "vote of no confidence" and immediately they hold a federal election.
 Diabolos.Kiddo
Serveur: Diabolos
user: BKiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-04-05 09:38:36
Link | Citer | R

"Bread & circuses weren't enough to sustain the roman empire, & they will NOT be enough to sustain the united states of america"

- I wish I could remember
[+]
First Page 2 ... 17 18 19