Understanding The Godless Heathens 101

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Understanding The Godless Heathens 101
Understanding The Godless Heathens 101
First Page 2 3
 Valefor.Pewpeww
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
By Valefor.Pewpeww 2011-04-02 18:41:47
Link | Citer | R

WARNING
All views expressed below are my personal views as well as the views of many atheists I know, as the experience from atheist to atheist vary, they will most likely stay near the same.

Understanding an Atheist

With how many religious threads lately going on, I figured I would make an actual thread that can be bumped if needed to keep the discussion going instead. Also many atheists are misunderstood as well as looked down upon for no reason other than they lack believe in an immaginary person. Below is alot of key points to understand an atheist, and how they are created, and more importantly WHY they do not believe.

Flaws with the Bible & The Bible, is Morally Wrong

According to the bible, 95% of the world should be put to death, in fact it commands the death of these people.
Quote:

Exodus 31:15 Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death.

Isaiah 40:8 / Peter 1:24-25 Proof that the above was intended as stated.

Psalm 19:7 - The bible is perfect.

Deut 17:2-7 and 13:13-19 - Stone to death and destroy any town that doesn't believe in god.

Lev 24:16 - anyone who blasphemes the name of the lord must be put to death.

Psalm 19:7 yet again, the bible is perfect(yea right...)

Leviticus 20:9 - all who curse their mother or father must be put to death.

Leviticus 20:10 - anyone who commits adultery must be put to death

Leviticus 20:13 - any man who lies with another man must be put to death.

Deut 21 - If your son or daughter does not obey his parents he must be stoned to death by the town he lives in.

1 Corinthians 14 - Women are not aloud to speak.

1 Tim 2 - No women are aloud to have athority amoungst men or teach them.

Leviticus 25:44 - You are allowed to have slaves and will them to your children as property for life.

Exodus Chapter 21:20 / Titus 2:9 - Slavery is good.

Isaiah 13 - Kill children.

Hosea 13 - Kill pregnant women and children.

Numbers 31 - Kill all women not virgins unelss they are married.

These are clear and direct orders from you holy book. And its the most recent version "King James" that says it. Furthermore, it is my direct opinion that the bible is a vile and sadistic control mechanism design by MAN to control and instill fear in people. I wouldn't worship the god of the bible if the book WAS true to its word, even if he did show himself and supply me with the burden of proof satisfied. If the bible is true, he is nothing but an angry little kid with a magnifying glass, and we are the ants.

Where the church's REAL concerns lie

The church is more worried about taking the word "Booty" out of the bible than fixing whats pausibly wrong with the religion to begin with.

Banning Stem Cell Research, one of the biggest and most advanced science fields that we gain the most from as of recent.

Covering up abuse done by other preists. The code to "protect the church" first of all, rather than protect humanity and our children.

Ignorant Claims that the earth is only 6000 years old, and that dinosaurs were made up, and carbon dating is flawed. Yet just looking up at the stars at night, we can deduce that the time it takes our neighboring star's light to reach us, takes longer than 6000 years.

Making sure Atheist's cannot hold public office or join the boyscouts, which is simply taking it too far. Since when do you have to be religious to take part in a publicly funded and represented program that our tax dollars pay for?

Forcing prayer in public schools as well as making atheists say one nation under god, which was added in the 1950's as was in god we trust on our money.

Banning gay marrage

The list goes on...

Just the plain ignorant ignoring of facts of science. Take your pick really.

Sin as a Religious Control Mechanism

It is my opinion that Sin is quite obviously a control mechanism designed by god. If god really was real, and he really made commandments, I would like to think he would put love one another no matter what, everyone has the right to a warm meal, place to live, and not to be persecuted. The only one that is in the 10 commandments that should be there is there is murder.

Omniscient
Sin is some insult against an imaginary critter named "God". When you start talking about sin, I have alot of problems with omniscient. If god knows everything, then he knows what your going to do. Then how can you possibly offend god by doing what your going to do. After all, god created everything and if he's omniscient then how can he be effected by the thoughts of actions of the common man. If he is omniscient then why allow the devil to come into existance. If he is omniscient then why create a system that the ones you "Love" you know will disobey your rules. Why create the tree of knowledge and create beings that do not know right from wrong, and then of itself not knowing that it would be wrong to eat from the tree because they do not know what "wrong" is.

Either god is not omniscient, he doesn't exist, or he just doesn't care. Take your pick.

Burden of Proof

Two things don't become equally likely just because you cannot absolutely confirm either of them. "If the religious cannot prove god does exist, then atheists cannot prove that god does not exist." This is now how the world works. I cannot simply state i can fly, and because you cannot prove i cannot, means that i can. You would be right in justifying your rejection of my flight until you see me fly.

The burden of proof should not rely on atheists or agnostics to prove the non-existance of something. It relies on the person who created the idea, and the people who believe that idea to.

Occam's Razor is an even more flawed principle that most christian's like to use to explain everything. Or simply state that the universe couldn't have been created from "nothing" as they so like to say, and then complicate it with an even bigger problem of explaining the "creators" beginning or simply state that he does not need a beginning because he is the alpha and omega. Yet we can take this premise and add it to the "universe" itself, and it works just as well. If god does not need a beginning who says that this "god" needs a beginning?

Conclusion
This institution is flawed, and needs to be dismantled and completely redone(if allowed to survive at all) for humanity to progress as a whole.

If you made it to the end, thank you. If you have anything to add please do.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-02 18:45:00
Link | Citer | R

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/80423-WARNING-Jacob-Futch-A.K.A-Jamofu-Deemos-Guni-Futchy-Ikuni-UPDATED-3-7-Pewpeww-on-Valefor
[+]
 Valefor.Pewpeww
By Valefor.Pewpeww 2011-04-02 18:51:47
Link | Citer | R

Good troll work draylo :)
By zahrah 2011-04-02 18:52:24
Link | Citer | R

OP, to be atheist is to deny all religion. If you're going to include excerpts from the Bible you may as well include some from all religious texts to solidify your atheism rather than bash Christians.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-02 18:53:42
Link | Citer | R

zahrah said:
OP, to be atheist is to deny all religion. If you're going to include excerpts from the Bible you may as well include some from all religious texts to solidify your atheism rather than bash Christians.
Can't post that much :)
 Valefor.Pewpeww
By Valefor.Pewpeww 2011-04-02 18:55:01
Link | Citer | R

zahrah said:

I was raised in the U.S. not any other country. In this country, the masses believe in Christianity. I do not want to speak on subjects I do not personally know anything about rather than bits and pieces. And for FFXIAH, im not going to start. If others know more about other religions let them speak. I however will not bash a religion I do not know.

In b4 poor christians.
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
Serveur: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2011-04-02 18:58:10
Link | Citer | R

Why do people keep making these threads? :<
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-04-02 18:59:49
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Spency said:
Why do people keep making these threads? :<
I dont think they understand yet that we just dont care anymore. We're all going to hell anyway.
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-04-02 19:00:28
Link | Citer | R

Everything has been taken out of context, and poorly quoted/paraphrased.

Seriously though, why do people on this forum feel the need to disprove Christianity on this site?
[+]
 Valefor.Endlesspath
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2011-04-02 19:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Looks like the OP has an RMT/history of thieving ~
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-04-02 19:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Leonlionheart said:

Seriously though, why do people on this forum feel the need to disprove Christianity on this site?
the e-peen runs deeper than you think.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-04-02 19:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Saw a bunch of threads bashing religion, mostly Christianity...so you decided to make another?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2011-04-02 19:04:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Leonlionheart said:

They find articles online about some remote group of religious people doing something dumb, feel like bashing them because they're obviously better than them, come here to link up with the other like-minded people.
[+]
By zahrah 2011-04-02 19:05:34
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Pewpeww said:
zahrah said:

I was raised in the U.S. not any other country. In this country, the masses believe in Christianity. I do not want to speak on subjects I do not personally know anything about rather than bits and pieces. And for FFXIAH, im not going to start. If others know more about other religions let them speak. I however will not bash a religion I do not know.

In b4 poor christians.

No, I don't feel sympathy for fundamentalist Christians. I was baptized and confirmed Lutheran, but that went wayward when I got to college. I'm more agnostic now.

I just think it's funny that atheists are so hard set on "crucifying" (yes, a joke) Christians and overlook other religions.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-04-02 19:12:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Refreshtwo said:

Red Is Christianity Islam Is Green

http://creationwiki.org/Bible_vs._Qur'an

Save Spots Are China and Japan
you know what the sad part about this chart is? The fact that even though there appears to be way more Christians than Muslims, those Muslims (especially those in Indonesia) are the truly "psychotic" ones.
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-04-02 19:15:12
Link | Citer | R

Edit: sorry, I am full of bitchy today. ;;
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-02 19:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Refreshtwo said:

Red Is Christianity Islam Is Green

http://creationwiki.org/Bible_vs._Qur'an

Save Spots Are China and Japan

That's a bad map imo, becuase it implies that everyone in one of the shaded areas is of that religion. Even though it seems to use different degrees of red/green, it's misleading. A simply number by each country of the number of members of the certain religion would be more accurate.
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2011-04-02 19:16:45
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Liela said:

Nice picture, but do you have anything in a dog?
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-04-02 19:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Liela said:

Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-04-02 19:21:37
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Spency said:
Odin.Liela said:

Nice picture, but do you have anything in a dog?

Best I can do on short notice! <3 (Too bad it has nothing to do with anything. xD)

By zahrah 2011-04-02 19:22:57
Link | Citer | R

Something a little more defined.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-04-02 19:29:37
Link | Citer | R

*** really?
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-04-02 19:30:09
Link | Citer | R

What the *** is up with all the religion/atheism/whatever the hell threads in the last 24 hours? I normally enjoy the spectrum of different topics on AH's boards but god damn, let this die already, at least for a little while .-.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-04-02 19:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Powerslave said:
What the *** is up with all the religion/atheism/whatever the hell threads in the last 24 hours? I normally enjoy the spectrum of different topics on AH's boards but god damn, let this die already, at least for a little while .-.

influx of stupids on ah
First Page 2 3