FBI Asks For Help To Crack Code

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » FBI asks for help to crack code
FBI asks for help to crack code
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-31 06:44:35
Link | Citer | R

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42348642/ns/technology_and_science-security/
the letters:

So what do you guys think? complete jibberish or a possible code to crack? The FBI couldn't do it after 11 years.
By Artemicion 2011-03-31 06:51:07
Link | Citer | R

Would be difficult without some more context behind the scenario of whom was killed or any potential motive, but frankly there's not much even regular folks like us could conclude that they FBI haven't already had their experts attempt and stress to the n'th degree already.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-31 06:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
See does anyone thing stuff like this can be a code in a code in a code type situation? So when you get it perfectly right it's still gibberish. and perfectly right again it's still gibberish then a third time the message is revealed?

Maybe it's just me but seems like a great way to hide a message; 3 completely different random codes and the ones you'd use to decipher are based on something common between the people
That's what I was thinking too. There's also lots of parenthesis sentences...
By Artemicion 2011-03-31 06:56:42
Link | Citer | R

At least the killer gave us the virtue of dividing his codes via paragraphing and parenthesis, but aside from that we're pretty much in the dark as to making all that nonsense into tangible information.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-31 07:05:48
Link | Citer | R

I think that last line in the first page of the letter is an address then zip code.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-31 07:07:53
Link | Citer | R

no thanks. Last I checked, J Edgar Hoover wanted us black folk dead.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-03-31 07:08:55
Link | Citer | R

It could be encrypted, like the codes used during WWII(?), and probably like encryption software (I dunno). Unless you have the key, you have absolutely no hope of ever figuring it out. The key itself is basically gibberish in itself.

I can't remember the name of the code/codex thingy (or who used it... my history sucks).
 Sylph.Bruzer
Serveur: Sylph
user: gorteg3
By Sylph.Bruzer 2011-03-31 07:37:23
Link | Citer | R

Cannot help, but this stuff reminds me of the games that tanga.com has under the play section. The one word wonders. Can view past games and play. Not trying to promote them, but I use to play their games all the time. Especially the one word wonders, where they sometimes give you a a paragraph and out of that paragraph, there is one word hidden in there that you have to figure out.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-31 07:47:29
Link | Citer | R

First paragraph:
7 a.m. in the morning it has be fresh go downstairs we'll be serials. He saw everything, this time he's going time is ticking on and on, we need to be hasty go to the bus stop catch the bus he will be with his friends.
By Artemicion 2011-03-31 07:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
First paragraph:
7 a.m. in the morning it has be fresh go downstairs we'll be serials. He saw everything, this time he's going time is ticking on and on, we need to be hasty go to the bus stop catch the bus he will be with his friends.

Hate to burst your bubble but June 30th, 1999 was a Wednesday.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-31 07:52:24
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
First paragraph:

I thought that's when he was found.
By Artemicion 2011-03-31 07:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
First paragraph:

True, however autopsy reports would indicate if he was killed prior to that time fame.
Most bodies are found the day after the initial slaying, so either way that puts us nowhere near Friday lol.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-03-31 08:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
First paragraph: 7 a.m. in the morning it has be fresh go downstairs we'll be serials. He saw everything, this time he's going time is ticking on and on, we need to be hasty go to the bus stop catch the bus he will be with his friends.
True, however autopsy reports would indicate if he was killed prior to that time fame. Most bodies are found the day after the initial slaying, so either way that puts us nowhere near Friday lol.

I'm not sure where you are getting Friday from, however. The article says he may have written the note a few days before his death, so he could have been killed on Monday/Tuesday but written the notes on Friday the week before.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-31 08:16:55
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
First paragraph: 7 a.m. in the morning it has be fresh go downstairs we'll be serials. He saw everything, this time he's going time is ticking on and on, we need to be hasty go to the bus stop catch the bus he will be with his friends.
True, however autopsy reports would indicate if he was killed prior to that time fame. Most bodies are found the day after the initial slaying, so either way that puts us nowhere near Friday lol.

I'm not sure where you are getting Friday from, however. The article says he may have written the note a few days before his death, so he could have been killed on Monday/Tuesday but written the notes on Friday the week before.
(Was trollin')
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-03-31 08:30:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
(Was trollin')

Okey dokey :P