This Game Still Trash?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » this game still trash?
this game still trash?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Ashleh
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-15 12:47:01
Link | Citer | R

I played it a few months ago on my PC when it was in it's free-to-play-because-everyone-unanimously-hated-it-period. It didn't run very well, but I still played it for a day or two. It was pretty bad. I feel like it has a lot of potential and that SE just didn't execute it well. There were just way too many problems to keep up with when I played it.

Is this game still broken? Has SE made any improvements or is it still trash?

edit: Just to clarify. I want to know if FFXIV has improved. A list of improvements and hotfixes would be nice and very helpful as I cannot find much with simple google searches.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-03-15 12:50:49
Link | Citer | R

There is a very similar thread to this one, if you only look.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-15 12:51:25
Link | Citer | R

If you hated it so much that you think everyone hated it, and that it's trash, I highly doubt they've improved on it enough for you to like it. That's a serious answer.
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-15 12:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
If you hated it so much that you think everyone hated it, and that it's trash, I highly doubt they've improved on it enough for you to like it. That's a serious answer.

That's not a serious answer. I didn't even say I hate it. I said it was broken.

Is it still broken? And don't try to pretend that this game wasn't broken when it first went live. It was. I've played it. I want to know if it has improved, so please don't post in this thread because you're not adding anything constructive except obvious fanboyism.

And lots of people didn't like it. That's pretty much confirmed. It's not just something I think. If you play FFXIV and haven't heard anything negative, then you're not playing FFXIV. The game was a tedious cluster-***. I enjoyed the atmosphere and thought it had potential; has that potential been tapped into yet or is it still trash?
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-03-15 12:57:54
Link | Citer | R

another QQ thread /sigh
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-15 13:01:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
another QQ thread /sigh

What am I QQing about other than people who add nothing constructive to the conversation?

Can you read? Are you blind? I would put my request in braille for you if I had the power to do that. Unfortunately, I don't. You're missing the point: improvements... has SE made them? y/n. list improvements. dig?
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-03-15 13:02:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
another QQ thread /sigh

What am I QQing about other than people who add nothing constructive to the conversation?

Can you read? Are you blind? I would put my request in braille for you if I had the power to do that. Unfortunately, I don't. You're missing the point: improvements... has SE made them? y/n. list improvements. dig?

my bad gay thread.
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-15 13:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
another QQ thread /sigh

my bad gay thread.

Am I cool now?
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-03-15 13:06:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:

Am I cool now?

Almost... But you still gay.
[+]
By Nabis 2011-03-15 13:07:45
Link | Citer | R

can i post here?
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-03-15 13:08:18
Link | Citer | R

Nabis said:
can i post here?

Sure.
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-15 13:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Nabis said:
can i post here?

eh. only if it's acompanied by something related to Nicholas Cage.

[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-15 13:11:11
Link | Citer | R

The game is such trash that Square-Enix shut down its' servers!
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-15 13:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

This is a convincing statement.
By Dubont 2011-03-15 13:31:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Dumbass lol they didn't shut down the servers because the game is bad >.> If you believe this then you're obviously oblivious to what's going on in Japan.

Asura.Ashleh said:

Is it still broken? And don't try to pretend that this game wasn't broken when it first went live. It was. I've played it. I want to know if it has improved, so please don't post in this thread because you're not adding anything constructive except obvious fanboyism.

And lots of people didn't like it. That's pretty much confirmed. It's not just something I think. If you play FFXIV and haven't heard anything negative, then you're not playing FFXIV. The game was a tedious cluster-***. I enjoyed the atmosphere and thought it had potential; has that potential been tapped into yet or is it still trash?
He wasn't being a fanboy. He was just making a point that if you thought it was trash (which you said you did in your first post), chances are, you're still going to hate it.

Asura.Ashleh said:

Is this game still broken? Has SE made any improvements or is it still trash?

edit: Just to clarify. I want to know if FFXIV has improved. A list of improvements and hotfixes would be nice and very helpful as I cannot find much with simple google searches.
To answer your question, the game has improved performance wise. It isn't "broken," but there still isn't a whole lot to do. The battlesystem is still "Spam 1. Press 2 when you get low on health. Spam 1. Press 3 for a weaponskill. Spam 1." The game is also still based primarily around crafting...which was a bad move imo.

Also, if you want a list of improvements, don't go to Google...go to the official site...Lodestone...You must not have played FFXIV long at all....by this I mean, you must have only played for a few minutes before rage quitting.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-15 13:31:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:

Lol I'm not a fanboy, I've even said multiple times I've quit playing FFXIV because there's no content and finding a party almost sucks as bad as soloing post-rank 20. I will pick this game back up once it becomes the game that I feel I deserve having supported it as much as I did.

Asura.Ashleh said:
I played it a few months ago on my PC when it was in it's free-to-play-because-everyone-unanimously-hated-it-period.

You flat out said that everyone hated, you are part of everyone, are you not? Or are you some type ghost or alien or something? That statement is also incorrect, because not everyone hated it. I didn't hate it, I know a lot of people in my LS didn't hate it. We felt there were lots of improvements needed.

What I said is a serious answer. It will easily be a year or more before FFXIV actually starts to develop a back bone for a full fledged game. If you hated it so much that you think everyone hated it and that it's trash (as opposed to a game that needs some reconstructive surgery) you're still not going to like it. They simply haven't had enough time to turn such a strong negative opinion into something neutral, or even positive.

In short, No. You'll most likely still feel the game is trash.
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-15 13:46:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:

Lol I'm not a fanboy, I've even said multiple times I've quit playing FFXIV because there's no content and finding a party almost sucks as bad as soloing post-rank 20. I will pick this game back up once it becomes the game that I feel I deserve having supported it as much as I did.

Asura.Ashleh said:
I played it a few months ago on my PC when it was in it's free-to-play-because-everyone-unanimously-hated-it-period.

You flat out said that everyone hated, you are part of everyone, are you not? Or are you some type ghost or alien or something? That statement is also incorrect, because not everyone hated it. I didn't hate it, I know a lot of people in my LS didn't hate it. We felt there were lots of improvements needed.

What I said is a serious answer. It will easily be a year or more before FFXIV actually starts to develop a back bone for a full fledged game. If you hated it so much that you think everyone hated it and that it's trash (as opposed to a game that needs some reconstructive surgery) you're still not going to like it. They simply haven't had enough time to turn such a strong negative opinion into something neutral, or even positive.

In short, No. You'll most likely still feel the game is trash.

So I can't poke fun on the internet? Too serious a business? I didn't know each thread I wrote had to be as serious as an essay on cannibalism. I know sarcasm and friendly joking is hard to decipher when all you have to go by is text... but even so, who would honestly think everyone who played FFXIV hated it? Who would think that about anything? Please, try to apply some kind of filter to your arrogant treat-everyone-like-a-child attitude, because it's very discouraging. Not everyone is being 100% serious about every word that comes out of their mouth, and you know what they say about assumptions? They're *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE <--- that's what they say.

I claimed it wasn't a serious answer because to me it's still not a serious answer because it's lacks depth, you picked one semi-joking statement (couldn't you tell by all the -s?) and ran with it, probably because you had nothing better to say. I, too, had said I think it has potential. Normally when you hate something you don't have anything good to say about it... but of course, people point out the negative and ignore the positive, human nature I guess. Just because I think the game is trash, or I thought it was trash, in it's current state doesn't mean that I have my "THIS GAME IS TRASH BECAUSE EVEYRONE HATES IT" goggles on that blind out any sort of enjoyment I could be having with it if it had improved. I will notice improvements. I promise.

/rant

Dubont said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Dumbass lol they didn't shut down the servers because the game is bad >.> If you believe this then you're obviously oblivious to what's going on in Japan.

DERPADUR.
[+]
By Dubont 2011-03-15 13:54:09
Link | Citer | R

Wow Ashleh...I'm beginning to think that you have no intent of playing 14 again and are just here to spew *** to those that DO play.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-15 14:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:

Dubont said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

DERPADUR.
By Japan he means FFXIV's Earthquake that sent out 40billion devils from the ground, in game, and took over the entire world and since there were only 5 people on all the servers, they shut them down D=
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-15 14:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Dubont said:
Wow Ashleh...I'm beginning to think that you have no intent of playing 14 again and are just here to spew *** to those that DO play.

No. I do want to play FFXIV again. Like I said, I think it has a lot of potential and it's a very beautiful visual experience for the most part. The combat was fine, it was just the game being centered around crafting, the maps, the interface, the fact that it seems like SE tried to discourage party play... all those things and more were just some of the reason why I disliked it. All these things are pretty easily fixable. I was one of the many people who lined up on forums all over the internet praising how amazing this game was going to be, but when the game came out being "trash" I was very discouraged. What discouraged me even more was the fact that the team in SE that worked on this game continually said things like this to complaints and possible fixes to the game: "NO. THIS IS OUR VISION OF THE GAME."

It seems like SE has come out of their *** period and is starting to listen to it's users now, with all the attention they're giving us regarding FFXI. Perhaps the failure of FFXIV is to blame for this, but it's very much so for the better. I'm asking if this game has improved significantly because SE's attitude and openness to player suggestions has improved significantly.
By jdcho99 2011-03-15 14:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:
I played it a few months ago on my PC when it was in it's free-to-play-because-everyone-unanimously-hated-it-period. It didn't run very well, but I still played it for a day or two. It was pretty bad. I feel like it has a lot of potential and that SE just didn't execute it well. There were just way too many problems to keep up with when I played it. Is this game still broken? Has SE made any improvements or is it still trash? edit: Just to clarify. I want to know if FFXIV has improved. A list of improvements and hotfixes would be nice and very helpful as I cannot find much with simple google searches.

read the patch notes and fire it up and decide for yourself instead of relying on others opinions.
By Alyssah 2011-03-15 17:52:21
Link | Citer | R

Here's the gist of it, if you have a good friendly LS and play around people that you enjoy to play with, and find grinding appealing, then FF14 isn't as bad as some people think it is.
Ofcourse it still needs alot of improving but, bit by bit it's going to become what 'most of us' expected it to be like. I heard FF11 isn't that great either anymore, since you can practically go duo Vrtra or whatever. So it's for their better good to make FF14 into a MMO wonderland :3
 Asura.Kayze
By Asura.Kayze 2011-03-15 18:07:48
Link | Citer | R

I dont understand the fail of some people on the internet nowadays. Have you taken time to look for any sort of information before making this thread OP?

It took me an entire 30 seconds to go the Lodestone site and find the patch notes link, with detailed insight of whats been put into the game since you last left. Plus on this site, and various others, there are tons of threads exactly like this one that you could have looked at and gleamed information from. People need to stop being so dependent and ***IMO >_>

Lodestone Patch Notes

Just so I dont come across as a total flamer... read the notes and decide for yourself if the game is worth it.
By Zenaku14 2011-03-15 18:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Yep and FFXI sucked so much that they shut down that too -.-

The game have got pretty good they added a few sidequest and they fix the ward it pretty much 99% AH just you still have to go inside and pick up the item with the NPC but at least the NPC is now mark with a red icon. The game still don't have enough stuff to do so all you heave guildleves.

I don't know why ppl go to fansite and ask this -.- just look at the main site and see if you like the updates. Or log in and try it yourself it F2P now just wait for Japan to get better with there problem and wait for the servers to get back up and try it yourself.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-15 18:40:40
Link | Citer | R

It's free, so it's beyond me why you're asking opinions rather than just downloading it and seeing for yourself.

If you go into anything with a negative attitude you won't like it.

As for a serious answer:

If you didn't enjoy XIV before you still won't now. Not enough has changed to make any opinion on the game take a 180.

It's fun, but still boring and there's still gigantic issues with controls and lack of content.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-15 20:21:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kayze said:
I dont understand the fail of some people on the internet nowadays. Have you taken time to look for any sort of information before making this thread OP?

It took me an entire 30 seconds to go the Lodestone site and find the patch notes link, with detailed insight of whats been put into the game since you last left. Plus on this site, and various others, there are tons of threads exactly like this one that you could have looked at and gleamed information from. People need to stop being so dependent and ***IMO >_>

Lodestone Patch Notes

Just so I dont come across as a total flamer... read the notes and decide for yourself if the game is worth it.

Reading patch notes and personal experience are two different things. As for being "dependent", what does that mean? Forums aren't just for flaming people; They're for people to ask questions, as well.

Also, I went through the first page of threads in FFXIV General and couldn't find that much information. At least now there's a clear cut thread called "this game still trash?" that people can automatically recognize as being a thread that could possibly shed light on the question before they take the time to re-install and be "independent", like you say.
[+]
By Dubont 2011-03-15 21:09:06
Link | Citer | R

seriously...you make me rage. How old are you? What's your IQ? Did you even GO to school? I bet you failed all of your research papers.

How can you NOT find the patch notes in lodestone? How can you not find the info that was given to you of any help?

I gave you my answer. If you hated 14 then, you'll hate it now. It's far too easy now and there is almost no new content. The UI has gotten better but it could be greatly improved on. There are still no chocobos or airships..if that really matters to you like it does to one dumbass that trolls the hell out of my youtube vids regarding 14. Soloing is easier now than it was before. Parties are still extinct unless it's a leve party. Leves still haven't been removed like they need to be. The armor still looks like ***. The spells still look like ***. Armor still doesn't do ***. Spells still don't do ***. Mages are still useless. Battle system still sucks. Armory system still sucks. There's still no penalty for dying.

So...there's my answer. Not much has changed. Now...take this info and USE IT!
[+]
 Sylph.Ranok
Serveur: Sylph
user: Ranok
By Sylph.Ranok 2011-03-15 21:18:37
Link | Citer | R

I like this game. And I will love this game when they update it to be an even more enjoyable game. And I won't even have time to come on FFXIAH anymore to post on XIV hating threads because I just won't even care; know why? I'll be playing XIV :)
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-15 22:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Dubont said:
seriously...you make me rage. How old are you? What's your IQ? Did you even GO to school? I bet you failed all of your research papers.

How can you NOT find the patch notes in lodestone? How can you not find the info that was given to you of any help?

I gave you my answer. If you hated 14 then, you'll hate it now. It's far too easy now and there is almost no new content. The UI has gotten better but it could be greatly improved on. There are still no chocobos or airships..if that really matters to you like it does to one dumbass that trolls the hell out of my youtube vids regarding 14. Soloing is easier now than it was before. Parties are still extinct unless it's a leve party. Leves still haven't been removed like they need to be. The armor still looks like ***. The spells still look like ***. Armor still doesn't do ***. Spells still don't do ***. Mages are still useless. Battle system still sucks. Armory system still sucks. There's still no penalty for dying.

So...there's my answer. Not much has changed. Now...take this info and USE IT!

lolwut lern 2 read
[+]
First Page 2 3