9-Week Old Fetus Used As A "Witness"

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 9-Week Old Fetus Used As a "Witness"
9-Week Old Fetus Used As a "Witness"
First Page 2
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-06 19:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Story

:| Really now, this is not helping the pro-life case. In fact, it's damaging it, making them all look like a bunch of nutters.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-06 19:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Seems like a highly biased source, but I agree with you regardless. Fetuses should be the full legal property of the mother until birth. If the mother does not want to have a baby, so be it.

butthurt religiousfags need to get out of politics and stop trying to force their beliefs onto everyone through lawmaking.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Secaoftitan 2011-03-06 19:45:56
Link | Citer | R

The thing about that woman coming in to have that ultrasound done in front of all those people... At that stage in development, you can't see the fetus through the abdominal wall, but instead she'll need to have a vaginal ultrasound done.

In front of all those people.

I think that's the only reason they're calling this "witness," so they have an excuse to see some chick get an ultrasound probe up the who-ha.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-06 19:53:49
Link | Citer | R

I couldnt finish that story without laughing my *** off and spilling my drink.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-03-06 20:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Secaoftitan said:
The thing about that woman coming in to have that ultrasound done in front of all those people... At that stage in development, you can't see the fetus through the abdominal wall, but instead she'll need to have a vaginal ultrasound done. In front of all those people. I think that's the only reason they're calling this "witness," so they have an excuse to see some chick get an ultrasound probe up the who-ha.

Not true.

I have had 3 children and had ultrasound scans (abdominal) at 8-9 weeks. The foetus was visible in all 3 cases and the heartbeat was easy to detect.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-06 20:57:22
Link | Citer | R

so how does a 9-week-old fetus testify in court?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-06 20:59:57
Link | Citer | R

I agree that once the heartbeat is there abortion shouldn't be allowed, but I do think it's silly to have a fetus testify in court.

inb4 "Your opinion is wrong"
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-06 21:01:48
Link | Citer | R

Basically what they're trying to do is show that a heartbeat means sentient life, (it doesn't), and that having an ultrasound of a fetus counts it as a witness.

Edit: I admit a better source could have been appropriate, but the fact of the matter is that the idea of using an underdeveloped fetus as a witness is purely ridiculous and absolutely ludicrous.

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-06 21:03:49
Link | Citer | R

well then the next logical step is to prove that chicken eggs have beating hearts so we cant have eggs for brekfast.

Bacon has no beating heart, just bacon goodness :D
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-06 21:06:39
Link | Citer | R

I don't think abortion should be as easy as it is, It saddens me to see statuses like this

ugh
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-06 21:08:26
Link | Citer | R

Do you honestly want someone like that raising a child to begin with? Seriously.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-06 21:10:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I don't think abortion should be as easy as it is, It saddens me to see statuses like this

ugh
she needed to be kicked in the head
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-06 21:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Do you honestly want someone like that raising a child to begin with? Seriously.

Her general attitude of "This baby's dead" is pretty much why it's bad that abortions are so easy to come by.

I've known someone who found it hard to conceive and had a miscarriage and it makes me really mad when people act like that.

Again my opinion, but I think abortion shouldn't be as easy as a choice as it currently is.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-06 21:14:33
Link | Citer | R

The Jersey Shore guido wannabe spawn should all be legally bound to infertilization procedures to begin with, so that they can't even get far enough to need an abortion. The child's well being should always be first and foremost. Not every adoption and foster family is sunshine and butterflies in a Stuart Little story, and keeping them with a parent as irresponsible as that one would lead to nothing but negative effects in the long run.

Edit: The "this baby's dead" mindset should be punished separately, whether socially or legally, as that's an individual's own issue. if someone with a clear mind wants an abortion because they can't care for or don't want to care for a child, then why should it be anyone's choice but theirs?

"Oh well they should have thought about that before having sex!"

Right, because having every adult human being on the planet staying completely sex-free is a logical course of action, and sometimes accidents happen. Condoms break, people get too antsy etc., I'm sure you can piece it together yourselves. After a certain point, yes, it should be illegal to have an abortion. But if you have people like these trying to outlaw it before a fetus even achieves basic traits that make a human, well... a human... then there's something wrong with that. I fully and completely understand the whole "BUT YOU'RE KILLING KIDS" argument, but there's a fuzzy line on either side of the argument, and I choose to believe that a fetus is not technically a human being until a certain point in gestation where they achieve the qualities of life that make a person a person.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-06 21:18:02
Link | Citer | R

VAGINA!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-06 21:19:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

ugh
Would you rather she kept the kid?
If anything that's probably the smartest decision she has ever made in her life.
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-03-06 21:33:27
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

ugh

if this is in fact a real post and she wasn't trolling, then yeaaahh is why i think people should be interviewed in order to be able to have kids, like need a license.
n this chick if infact she is real just needs to be shot before some *** gives her some form of important job like gov of Alaska...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-03-06 21:49:46
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

ugh

if this is in fact a real post and she wasn't trolling, then yeaaahh is why i think people should be interviewed in order to be able to have kids, like need a license.
n this chick if infact she is real just needs to be shot before some *** gives her some form of important job like gov of Alaska...

Yeah, good luck with that.

lol yeah isn't gonna happen, but still.../sigh
would be nice :/

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-03-06 21:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

ugh

Not really IMO.

aahhh, i respect your opinion spicy ^^!

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-03-06 22:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

ugh

Not really IMO.

aahhh, i respect your opinion spicy ^^!

Shouldn't
then i don't nvm, i shake my cawk in teh direction of your opinion!!
better?
 Asura.Rekin
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2011-03-06 22:10:48
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
she needed to be kicked in the head
She probably was to make her the way she is.
 Alexander.Gib
Serveur: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2011-03-06 22:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

ugh
seeing this makes me glad it is that easy.

I'm sure that kid dodged the biggest bullet in the world
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2011-03-06 22:27:54
Link | Citer | R

Personally I'm for abortion if it's for the right reason, whatever that may be for the individual doing it.

It's been estimated that at the current global population growth rate, in 2050 the current population will increase from the 7+ billion it is now to 10+ billion. It's also estimated that by 2050 we may have a global food shortage crises. I'll believe that when I see it but it can be a very real possibility.

Abortion will cut this possibility down, as well as reduce the number of "starving kids in Africa" lol.

Just my 2cents, flame on.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-06 22:29:07
Link | Citer | R

What is she? A *** for God now? If I were her friend, I wouldn't say that God will forgive you for getting an abortion, I'd say you can't really do much else to piss him off.. I mean seriously, "I can't drink or smoke no more, being pregnant sucks"? I'm not usually one to jump to quick judgments, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that she isn't exactly leading a Christian life.. Yet her only qualm to the abortion was that the abortion would send her to hell?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2