A Question For The Religious.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A question for the religious.
A question for the religious.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Daemun
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-03-15 12:48:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I think I can play the part of the fool, the intellect, and a plethora of other characters depending on the moment,...
Efe, would you say I have a plethora?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-15 12:52:01
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Wombat said:
++=
Quote:
It all makes sense now.
It's like an evolution time line.
LMFAO!!!

this made my day, gotta love how evolution is RIGHT THERE in plain sight.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-03-15 12:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Wombat said:
++=
Quote:
It all makes sense now.
LMFAO!!!

So atheists are devolving?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-15 12:56:37
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Wombat said:
++=
Quote:
It all makes sense now.
LMFAO!!!

So atheists are devolving?
this makes even more sense
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-03-15 13:05:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I do have a question though for you die hard religious people. This is more of a vent for me too so I apologize. Say everything in your life goes wrong, how can you still have such faith in religion? How do you feel when prayers go un-answered and things just get worse. For example, having to deal with this huge list of things is overwhelming.
So I mean how can people stay so damned positive and religious? I'm sure people have gone through worse then what I have and are able to keep some kind of faith. Sorry about the QQ story but this is a serious question for me.
I'm not religious or anything.I actually don't believe in anything of it.But religion is hope and hope can do everything.Hoping makes you stronger and more positive.Most of the time ppl will think that their religion cured some1 or help them pass an exam.In reality, it's their hope that did all the job.For exemple: Some1 praying/hoping that he will pass his exam will also study alot, in the end the study will make him pass.And the study come from his hope :). Someone that gives up and loose hope have everything to loose in comparaison of someone that fights. I hope I was clear x.x
Hope is about as useful as what you do with it, if all you do is hope then it's pointless. I fail to see why people need the crutch as religion to maintain hope.
It's mainly commercial, religion as been making money off something that is inside all of us.They just making it more open or popular.Dont really know how to say it.They make a ***ton of money off it ;p look the vatican ;p entire floors in gold.If only they would sell it all and give it to those poor africans ;p
I'm sorry I don't rely on such a fickle thing as hope, I prefer to make my own destiny.

Hows that going for ya?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-15 13:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I do have a question though for you die hard religious people. This is more of a vent for me too so I apologize. Say everything in your life goes wrong, how can you still have such faith in religion? How do you feel when prayers go un-answered and things just get worse. For example, having to deal with this huge list of things is overwhelming.
So I mean how can people stay so damned positive and religious? I'm sure people have gone through worse then what I have and are able to keep some kind of faith. Sorry about the QQ story but this is a serious question for me.
I'm not religious or anything.I actually don't believe in anything of it.But religion is hope and hope can do everything.Hoping makes you stronger and more positive.Most of the time ppl will think that their religion cured some1 or help them pass an exam.In reality, it's their hope that did all the job.For exemple: Some1 praying/hoping that he will pass his exam will also study alot, in the end the study will make him pass.And the study come from his hope :). Someone that gives up and loose hope have everything to loose in comparaison of someone that fights. I hope I was clear x.x
Hope is about as useful as what you do with it, if all you do is hope then it's pointless. I fail to see why people need the crutch as religion to maintain hope.
It's mainly commercial, religion as been making money off something that is inside all of us.They just making it more open or popular.Dont really know how to say it.They make a ***ton of money off it ;p look the vatican ;p entire floors in gold.If only they would sell it all and give it to those poor africans ;p
I'm sorry I don't rely on such a fickle thing as hope, I prefer to make my own destiny.

Hows that going for ya?

quite well actually.

Funny thing is when things go sour I don't need the crutch of a false god and I just rely on my inner strength to get through the day. Try it sometime, it's rewarding.
 Ramuh.Ayasha
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Ayasha
By Ramuh.Ayasha 2011-03-15 13:17:40
Link | Citer | R

To the OP.

As someone who is not so much RELIGIOUS, but still holding the fundamental beliefs of Christianity (minus the hypocrisy), I think it has everything to do with faith. Not faith in the religion, or faith in God/Jesus/Allah/Spaghetti monster, but a generic hope that things will get better; be it in this life or the next. It also hinges on the idea that just because your life SUCKS, it doesn't mean that LIFE sucks. As long as you're breathing you're not at the bottom.

A glimmer of hope, even if it's false, is enough to keep people going.
 Bismarck.Enzoe
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enzoe
By Bismarck.Enzoe 2011-03-15 13:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Read the book of Job as others have posted and you will understand. You may also come to realize that there is a bible story contingent for almost any reason a christian follower may lose faith. The story of Job basically has the moral that you should believe in God no matter what, even if you are under seige in the worst ways by the devil. In the Job story God himself is allowed to torment Job as a gamble to see how long Job can hold his faith while the most terrible things that can happen to a man happen to him. In the end God wins the gamble and Job is an example of holding the faith through absolutely any circumstance. Job is also rewarded in the end for his faith.

The point I want to convey is that people outside of religion often cannot understand the unwavering faith of religious people. It is my opinion that when people are not guided by the truths in thier mind, and seek meaning externally (bible, preacher, etc) than it is easy for them to become off track. So far off track from reality that agnostics ussually see them as bumbling idiots, which many religious wing nuts are.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-03-15 13:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Hows that going for ya?
quite well actually. Funny thing is when things go sour I don't need the crutch of a false god and I just rely on my inner strength to get through the day. Try it sometime, it's rewarding.

Your too funny man lol....
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-15 13:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Enzoe said:
Read the book of Job as others have posted and you will understand. You may also come to realize that there is a bible story contingent for almost any reason a christian follower may lose faith. The story of Job basically has the moral that you should believe in God no matter what, even if you are under seige in the worst ways by the devil. In the Job story God himself is allowed to torment Job as a gamble to see how long Job can hold his faith while the most terrible things that can happen to a man happen to him. In the end God wins the gamble and Job is an example of holding the faith through absolutely any circumstance. Job is also rewarded in the end for his faith.

The point I want to convey is that people outside of religion often cannot understand the unwavering faith of religious people. It is my opinion that when people are not guided by the truths in thier mind, and seek meaning externally (bible, preacher, etc) than it is easy for them to become off track. So far off track from reality that agnostics ussually see them as bumbling idiots, which many religious wing nuts are.

the story of job is full of fail...
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-03-15 13:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bismarck.Enzoe said:

That's kind of the point...
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-15 13:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bismarck.Enzoe said:

That's kind of the point...
the point is to show that the god of the bible is a *** upped individual? considering that's basically what the entire bible shows it wouldn't surprise me...

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-15 13:33:50
Link | Citer | R

so is the Q & A over so we can finally start drinking?
By richwood 2011-03-15 13:35:56
Link | Citer | R

The fall of man O.o : God forgive us, lol!

[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-15 13:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
so is the Q & A over so we can finally start drinking?

You were not already drinking?
after reading through this thread, I'm the star pupil at my AA meetings.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-15 13:46:04
Link | Citer | R

I need a drink
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7