users online
Atheists
First Page 2 ... 29 30 31
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-02 22:59:06
Link | Citer | R

If you had to follow one religion, which religion would it be? And why?

I'd follow Christianity personally because I think the morales of the book are a really good thing to take in even if you don't believe in god.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-02 22:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Buddhism

I already believe in Karma, it would seem a natural choice. I agree with your assessment of Christianity, I've said as much myself quite a few times.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-02 22:59:52
Link | Citer | R

ah, i see
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-03-02 23:01:22
Link | Citer | R

You're still going to hell.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-03-02 23:02:04
Link | Citer | R

Buddhism just because of its laid back, down-to-earth nature.

That or Origin. Nothing like burning people alive for blasphemy.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-02 23:03:06
Link | Citer | R

pastafarianism
[+]
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2011-03-02 23:03:26
Link | Citer | R

Agnostic
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-02 23:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ludoggy said:
I understand that, I think most people who follow the unmoral atheist life style will go to hell.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-02 23:04:11
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
I understand that, I think most people who follow the unmoral atheist life style will go to hell.
I think I'm already in hell..

I just call it life though..
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-02 23:05:40
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

I think the atheist life style can feel like hell sometimes without direction and stuff.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-02 23:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
pastafarianism
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-02 23:06:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

I think the atheist life style can feel like hell sometimes without direction and stuff.
I would call myself more agnostic than atheist. But either or, I believe in no God, and consider that to be very much my own Heaven. It is certainly not a hell.
[+]
 Valefor.Pewpeww
user: Enygma3
By Valefor.Pewpeww 2011-03-02 23:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
pastafarianism

No seriously, all religions are trash.

Morals do not come from god, or tablets. You do not need religion to find morals, in fact you'd have better luck finding morals in the book of rick james than the holy bible.
[+]
By Serj 2011-03-02 23:08:26
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
pastafarianism

This. According to facebook, I already am a pastafarian.

***, yea.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-02 23:09:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

I would call myself more agnostic than atheist. But either or, I believe in no God, and consider that to be very much my own Heaven. It is certainly not a hell.
If you believe there is no God, that is Atheist. Agnostic is where you don't necessarily believe in one, but you don't discount the fact that there could be either, or in simpler terms, that it's impossible for us to know whether there is or is not a God.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-02 23:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Pewpeww said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
pastafarianism

Morals do not come from god, or tablets. You do not need religion to find morals, in fact you'd have better luck finding morals in the book of rick james than the holy bible.
I would also call this complete ***. To call religion trash is completely obscure and just shows a lack of intelligence. Almost all religions have a good general purpose.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-03-02 23:09:58
Link | Citer | R

That's kind of a thoughtful question. I can't really answer it. Being raised Christian (Baptist) and turning from the faith, I could never go back to Christianity. But I don't know enough about any other religions out there to make an educated decision about them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-02 23:10:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

If you believe there is no God, that is Atheist. Agnostic is where you don't necessarily believe in one, but you don't discount the fact that there could be either, or in simpler terms, that it's impossible for us to know whether there is or is not a God.

I am aware of that. I was simply saying that I am still torn between the 2 premises.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-02 23:10:52
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Liela said:
That's kind of a thoughtful question. I can't really answer it. Being raised Christian (Baptist) and turning from the faith, I could never go back to Christianity. But I don't know enough about any other religions out there to make an educated decision about them.
I'll pick for you.. Buddhist.

Go read up on it, you are now a Buddhist.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-02 23:11:11
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

I am aware of that. I was simply saying that I am still torn between the 2 premises.
Oh then carry on. I thought you were confused about which is which.
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-03-02 23:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Liela said:

Lol! I will read up on it sometime. I doubt I'll ever be any sort of religious person ever again, but it's simple respect to get what knowledge you can about other religions and cultures. I promise, just for you Slip, that I will read up on Buddhism sometime soonish.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-02 23:13:39
Link | Citer | R

Church of Altana, bro.

CONVENIENTLY PLACED PLOT ARMOR FOR HER FOLLOWERS AND ALL THE UNDERAGED (EXCEPT YOU PRISHE) TEENAGE SIDEKICKS YOU CAN ASK FOR.

Plenty of dark gods to fight too if you're into that too.

Hinduism is pretty cool too. One time Shiva blew his son's head off with a third eye laser beam. Parvati was all like "HEY GO GET A NEW HEAD FOR OUR SON" and he went "o ok here's an elephant head". That is awesome.
[+]
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-03-02 23:14:39
Link | Citer | R

why are you atheists saying your gonna go to hell if you don't believe in religion, and hell is a religious reference?
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-02 23:14:43
Link | Citer | R

Scientology

sup?
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 23:15:17
Link | Citer | R

Either Church of Euthanasia or Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. But most likely Alvinism
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-02 23:16:13
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Liela said:
Odin.Liela said:

Lol! I will read up on it sometime. I doubt I'll ever be any sort of religious person ever again, but it's simple respect to get what knowledge you can about other religions and cultures. I promise, just for you Slip, that I will read up on Buddhism sometime soonish.
I wasn't serious <.< but okay! It's actually not that bad of a religion though, and it has some interesting beliefs in it. It's worth the simple Wiki browse if for nothing more than the cultural enrichment.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-02 23:16:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Valefor.Pewpeww said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
pastafarianism

I would also call this complete ***. To call religion trash is completely obscure and just shows a lack of intelligence. Almost all religions have a good general purpose.
i can see disagreeing with the first line, which is a pretty general statement (and possibly not meant the way you interpreted it). but for the second part, i agree that you don't need a religion to have morals. it's also annoying that some religious fanatics always act like people who don't believe in the same religion are them are HORRIBLE PEOPLE.
[+]
 Valefor.Pewpeww
user: Enygma3
By Valefor.Pewpeww 2011-03-02 23:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Valefor.Pewpeww said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
pastafarianism
No seriously, all religions are trash. Morals do not come from god, or tablets. You do not need religion to find morals, in fact you'd have better luck finding morals in the book of rick james than the holy bible.

Name one thing that religion offers that cannot be done by purely secular means, and is also based in proven fact and not fairytale afterlife unsubstanciated claims. Just one, i'll wait.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 23:16:45
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Liela said:
You could just adopt a set of beliefs that aren't technically a religion. I like determinism myself
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-02 23:17:54
Link | Citer | R

I dunno. It seems several of the religions are okay, I like the general morals they teach, but there's parts of them I disagree with. I'd probably choose one of the christian religions, I just don't know enough about each of the individual sects(IS THAT WHAT THEY'RE CALLED IDK) to pick one.
First Page 2 ... 29 30 31