No More PS3s For Europe.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » No More PS3s For Europe.
No More PS3s For Europe.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-03-01 10:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Ugh do we have to have this thread turn into 360 vs PS3 already? Can't help yourselves can ya?

I own a PS3 for the record, although I did enjoy the Halo series, was bitterly disappointed with Halo 3 as the cheaped out on the single player campaign in favour of the online play (which Killzone 3 did exactly to the letter).

But this story is certainly a strange one, sure there's an injunction right now but no doubt Sony will sue back...then LG will sue back back and Sony will sue back back back...and so on.

Not that I care if there's a temporary shortage of PS3's in Europe as I have mine!
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-01 10:47:39
Link | Citer | R

I own both
Both have amazing titles
both have remarkable problems

but regardless, I love both~

So I think that those hating the PS3, should give the PS3 a try. Those hating the Xbox, should give the Xbox a try.
Or, if you're happy the way you are just play the games, have fun and move on~

I've had a lot of fun with Halo Reach. Same as I have a lot of fun with Little Big Planet.
I prefer FPS's for Xbox and Fighting games for PS3 simply because of the joystick (doing hadouken motions in the xbox joystick sounds hard as hell).

In the end, it's not like the beloved Dead Space, Fallout, etc. aren't out for both games >_>

*edit*
not even sure if notory is a word!!
 Sylph.Quiznor
Serveur: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-01 10:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Watch Square-Enix troll UK by announcing a PS3 onry FFVII remake (and it being true)

All ps3 games are region free :P

The bluray movies,some are,some arent.

(Region A,B,C,ABC all region)
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-01 10:52:21
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Quiznor said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Watch Square-Enix troll UK by announcing a PS3 onry FFVII remake (and it being true)

All ps3 games are region free :P

The bluray movies,some are,some arent.

(Region A,B,C,ABC all region)
Aye.
I'm a bit saddened that Atlus said that Catherine is a Japan only game =( But due to PS3 being region free, I can get the JP version of the game without worrying about buying a new PS3 =D
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-01 10:53:34
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Seoha said:
I own both
Both have amazing titles
both have remarkable problems

but regardless, I love both~

So I think that those hating the PS3, should give the PS3 a try. Those hating the Xbox, should give the Xbox a try.
Or, if you're happy the way you are just play the games, have fun and move on~

In the end, it's not like the beloved Dead Space, Fallout, etc. aren't out for both games >_>

*edit*
not even sure if notory is a word!!
This.
Pro's and Con's to each system.
To say one system is perfect and have no flaw is dumb as it is to say another system has only flaws and over look it's positives.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-01 10:54:51
Link | Citer | R

lol @ saying xbox has more reliable servers you must not know much about console gaming Sony exclusive games have little to no lag what-so-ever.

Nearly every popular xbox FPS game uses host based servers. Check the big titles like Halo, GeOW, COD series, RB6, BF.. Each game was either made exclusive for xbox or designed around xbox limitations. Each game has a host used for the servers because they do not have servers capable of running each game. What problem does this cause? This causes major host advantage and bullet lag to people who are furthest from the host. Anyone who knows anything about competitive gaming knows you fight to be the host to get the advantage. The only way to take this out of the equation is to host a LAN. Go log into these games it will decide who the host will be and you can check the pings. In a truly competitive game the person who is hosting will have the greatest advantage over the other team. It comes down to 1 bullet making the difference.

Now go take a look at some Sony exclusive games which rarely have lag issues because they were hosted on Sony servers. Resistance Fall of Man, Killzone2, Socom Confrontation (only the menus lag shake my head @ Slant6), M.A.G. Many of these games have over 20 players in 1 room with little to no lag, MAG easily ran 64 vs 64 player rooms with little to no lag but in some areas you did see lag occasionally in 128 v 128 rooms. Yes we're talking a game with 256 people shooting at each other, driving vehicles and setting off explosions with less lag than a 4v4 host based game like Gears of War or CODMW2.

Now what does xbox do better than ps3? The XMB is 100% entirely better than PSN XMB it's not even comparable how much better it is and yes those servers do run better than sony look at cross chat between games as just one of the many better features that sony can't even come close to touching.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-01 10:57:04
Link | Citer | R

*** 360 and PS3

NINTENDO DS/DSi/3DS!!!!!! *** YEEEAAAHH

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-01 11:01:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I love how Sony started this and LG is stepping up and not caving. This is like a bully jumping a kid at recess that knows kung fu or something
As was posted a bit back Sony has been law suite happy lately, and it's biting them in the *** now
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-01 11:12:28
Link | Citer | R

you guys want irony go look up the dual shock lawsuit sony paid Immersion something like 100 million (which is amazing to the small company but it probably peanuts to sony unfortunately)