Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-28 11:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Edit: Dasva, tell me you don't nuke in that awful Demon Helm +1 >.<
Of course I do. The only thing that beats it in dmg for blm is a literae with 3 int AND magic crit stuff. And even then the difference is rediculously slight. Well and twilight body depending on how good your nuking body is

Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-28 11:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
That demon helm is pretty sexy

Yeah, about as sexy as this:
Selenian Cap

Great for level 75.
Gotta go with the AF3 @ level 90, though!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-28 11:13:39
Link | Citer | R

That demon helm beats selenian by 2int. af3+2 only has to more int but 2 less mab... yeah 2int<< 2Mab. And lol rare proc bonus. Not like I have any blm +2. Actually not like i have any head +2
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-28 11:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Selenian Cap

Great for level 75.

How is af3+1 hat better than his demon helm?
Even af3+2 hat is behind it in pure dmg.
No set bonus tho ;;
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-28 11:20:57
Link | Citer | R

Selenian Cap

Great for level 75.
That demon helm beats everything in pure damage. Well if af3+2 adds 1% to set bonus then it will be damn close but still. For lvl 75 that was pure sexy and I have never seen one before. Yeah I'm jelly :3
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-28 11:31:32
Link | Citer | R

Yeah out of the like 100+ augments I've done it's the only really good one. And the only other semi good ones were 2 and 3 int on weskits.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-28 11:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Well 1% chance to do 50% more damage on average is like 0,5% more dmg per nuke isn't it? That is a nice increase even tho you can't see it on every nuke it is still there. Kinda like DA for Melees, can't see that on every nuke either. Or am I wrong?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-28 11:38:22
Link | Citer | R

Well 1% chance to do 50% more damage on average is like 0,5% more dmg per nuke isn't it? That is a nice increase even tho you can't see it on every nuke it is still there. Kinda like DA for Melees, can't see that on every nuke either. Or am I wrong?
sure if you conserved mp 100% of the time and had no procs before that.

Difference is DA and TA are desirable to stack so you can get much higher proc rates. That and double/triple dmg lol

Think I did the math wrong though rechecking
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-28 11:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
? With my normal Conserve mp trait (25% proc rate) my set bonus procs about 5% of the time, so can prolly say its 1% per piece. Everytime it activates you get a damage bonus compared to how much mp you conserved. 1-50% mp conserved = 2-100% damage boost. That averages out to 1% dmg boost per nuke no? Sry I'm not good at math
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-28 11:45:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
? With my normal Conserve mp trait (25% proc rate) my set bonus procs about 5% of the time, so can prolly say its 1% per piece. Everytime it activates you get a damage bonus compared to how much mp you conserved. 1-50% mp conserved = 2-100% damage boost. That averages out to 1% dmg boost per nuke no? Sry I'm not good at math
Oh so you mean the proc rate is really more like 20% for full set then. I didn't realize you were multiplying conserve mp in since most people I know don't do that since most of the things that allow the set bonuses to proc are variable themselves. Never heard it was that high. Most others are like 5-10% procrate on full set from what I read.

.55% dmg increase then
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-28 11:48:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Oh so you mean the proc rate is really more like 20% for full set then. I didn't realize you were multiplying conserve mp in. Never heard it was that high. Most others are like 5-10% procrate on full set

No I don't :/ UGH! Proc rate depends on conserve mp proc rate. I don't use any conserve mp gear so I got only the base 25% conserve mp proc rate. Now with my full set I proc 5% of the time I cast a spell. If I had more conserve mp I'm sure I'd proc more but well I don't. So it's only about 5%. 1% per piece. Everytime it procs I get a damage boost between 1 and 100%. Average of that is 50. So on every proc I will do about 50% more damage in average. 50%/1% proc rate = 0,5 per piece. Sry if that's too complicated lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-28 11:51:58
Link | Citer | R

But you do. You are saying full set procs 20% of the time conserve mp procs. The set bonus is having a 20% proc rate it just can only proc on conserve mp.

Most people I know state the actual proc rate of the bonus since the coniditions on which they can even proc are sometimes variable themselves which would just lead to confusion and such
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-28 11:53:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
But you do. You are saying full set procs 20% of the time conserve mp procs. The set bonus is having a 20% proc rate it just can only proc on conserve mp.

Most people I know state the actual proc rate of the bonus since the coniditions on which they can even proc are sometimes variable themselves.
Oh yeah, that's what I say. 20% of the time conserve mp procs. If it was less then the proc rate of the set would be even less than 5% in total which would be reaaaaaally sad. That's just my own experience + some other ppl say they eyeballed the same. No actual testing tho.
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2011-02-28 11:54:21
Link | Citer | R

The level 87 Literae set is something else to look into. The hat can equal Dasva's Demon Helm and the Coat can beat Goetia+1 (Int+4 Mab+8) in terms of pure damage. Both are semi rare but fairly easy to repeat if you've done any farming in Hero's zones.

And as far as full Goetia +2 I'd have to agree it's around 5% of spells with no Conserve MP gear, tough to tell the 1/16 conserves from the crits though.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-28 11:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Prinnysmash said:
The level 87 Literae set is something else to look into. The hat can equal Dasva's Demon Helm and the Coat can beat Goetia+1 (Int+4 Mab+8) in terms of pure damage. Both are semi rare but fairly easy to repeat if you've done any farming in Hero's zones.

And as far as full Goetia +2 I'd have to agree it's around 5% of spells with no Conserve MP gear, tough to tell the 1/16 conserves from the crits though.

Out of 70 tries I never saw one with more than +2 int :/ Not like I care tho, only trying to get +7% MB bonus, atm it's only 6.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-28 11:57:51
Link | Citer | R

Out of 70 tries I never saw one with more than +2 int :/ Not like I care tho, only trying to get +7% MB bonus, atm it's only 6.
Speaking of which have you gotten around to testing it? Most other +MB gear is factored seperately making it rather stronger. That's part of the reason af2 hands probably good on MB... but I wouldn't doubt SE would make these augment ones just add onto the MB dmg bonus or something lame like that.
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2011-02-28 12:05:26
Link | Citer | R

That's funny, I got Int+3 without ever seeing an MB bonus.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-28 12:18:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Speaking of which have you gotten around to testing it? Most other +MB gear is factored seperately making it rather stronger. That's part of the reason af2 hands probably good on MB... but I wouldn't doubt SE would make these augment ones just add onto the MB dmg bonus or something lame like that.
No never tested but I think my MBs with head and asa legs usually destroy my MBs without them.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-28 12:20:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
No never tested but I think my MBs with head and asa legs usually destroy my MBs without them.
Not like I really MB in forever but it's fun for omfg epeen numbers.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-28 12:24:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Not like I really MB in forever but it's fun for omfg epeen numbers.
You should when you get the chance to, if 2 DDs are getting tp in about the same time and have good weaponskills that can SC, tel lthem to do it. Not only will it improve their damage by Scing, but MBing these days is *** sick!