Magnus Axe?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » magnus axe?
magnus axe?
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2011-02-22 01:36:02
Link | Citer | R

I been thinking and wondering about this axe for a while, i got the magnus pole on my SMN and it hoofs out massive dmg quite regularry esp with razed on, what about the axe for my WAR? i know it has lower dmg, but after testing i found it can proc on WSs and with rampage its almost guarenteed to dbl dmg at least one of the hits, not to mention DoT possible increase, is it worth getting? just starting a trial wpn so months till thts done lol..
 Cerberus.Tamtu
user: Tamtu
By Cerberus.Tamtu 2011-02-22 06:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Played with it myself, the double damage seems to proc alot. Haven't tested on weaponskills yet, though. Event time neared and I wasn't allowed to mess around anymore, meaning I had to go back to G.axe~ :| I imagine the damage output with an extra offhand axe would be sick, though.
 Asura.Tamoa
Serveur: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-22 07:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure it's been determined that the double damage of any of these types of weapons can't proc on weaponskills.

I played around with the GK myself but never noticed any significant increase in weaponskill damage.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-02-22 07:24:22
Link | Citer | R

I can't say for certain, but I dicked around with the Magnus Claymore a lot and the WS output was higher than what I had been using at the time, which was a Subduer. And when I say higher, I mean some of my Ground Strikes at 100% and Power Slashes(lol, damn you Razed ruins) broke 2k quite regularly. Course now I get about the same results with the Kriegsmesser(still ever so slightly lower than double damage, yet far more consistent), so I'd assume that with top of the line axes(Guichard's STR path, Farsha, etc.) you'd see the same result as the double damage proc. Plus, even if it is confirmed that it procs DD on WSes, you'd have to mainhand it over things with higher base damage leading to your average WS output going down, because you'll hardly ever have it activate on as many hits as you need it to, to do great damage.

Really fun to *** around with though.
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-02-22 08:07:25
Link | Citer | R

cloudsplitter

AHOY
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-22 08:11:42
Link | Citer | R

That WoE axe has one hell of a base damage :D
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-02-22 08:15:13
Link | Citer | R

yes it does and the coins aren't that sought after in a way, plus

CLOUDSPLITTER
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-22 08:15:39
Link | Citer | R

I played around with Magnus dagger, and I dont even think these weapons DOUBLE your dmg.
When it procced on SA it gave the same dmg-boost as it did on normal hits, think they just double base dmg.
Also never got it to proc on a WS
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-22 08:44:58
Link | Citer | R

In my personal opinion, these weapons are absolute crap. With a bit of effort you can get much better.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-22 08:52:15
Link | Citer | R

odd from magnus weapons and empyrean aftermath does not and cannot process through on weapon skills <call>
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-22 08:53:13
Link | Citer | R

I tested it against the Guichard's Axe +2, str+9 & att+20, it rarely did more dmg when processing normal and crit hits
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-22 08:53:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said:
In my personal opinion, these weapons are absolute crap. With a bit of effort you can get much better.

They really are.
Can easily get weapons with nearly double the base dmg <_> lol
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
user: Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2011-02-22 10:43:56
Link | Citer | R

In tht case il do maiden +1s while i get a good doom tabar or trial wpn goin ; ;, thanks everyone for the help tho ;o