Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » TP advice
TP advice
First Page 2
By Andylynn 2011-02-18 19:03:41
Link | Citer | R

how much STP does it take for the delay on ukon to get 5/6hit? if 6 hit, whats an optimal haste set up to go with it? i was thinking this:

feel free to improve, etc. yeah its a dream, but it could happen, sometday z-z
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-18 19:17:11
Link | Citer | R

WAR can't use brisk mask :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-02-18 19:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Need 14 sTP to hit a 6 hit with /SAM.
 Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-18 19:20:40
Link | Citer | R

tiara hands/body/legs/feet af3+2 goading belt

you need tactical mantle and some other stuff like moonshade earring with regain to get a 5hit
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-18 19:52:21
Link | Citer | R

I might even be overshooting STP needed, but by a minimal margin.
 Leviathan.Solanis
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-02-18 21:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:

overshooting just a little bit. I use that set with ravager's earring and gorget /nin in abyssea and it works fine as a 5hit with VV. could ease up /sam obviously, but I can't remember the last time I was able to go /sam D:
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-02-19 07:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Solanis said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

overshooting just a little bit. I use that set with ravager's earring and gorget /nin in abyssea and it works fine as a 5hit with VV. could ease up /sam obviously, but I can't remember the last time I was able to go /sam D:

How are you 5 hitting that /nin...
Edit: Oh, VV... still though, hm
[+]
By Andylynn 2011-02-20 17:24:02
Link | Citer | R

oo didnt notice about the brisk mask pardon my fail, how do you 5hit as /nin? VV regain isnt -that- great
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-02-21 04:44:09
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
oo didnt notice about the brisk mask pardon my fail, how do you 5hit as /nin? VV regain isnt -that- great

I believe it's 2/tic, giving 10~12 TP between 0 and 100%, meaning you only need ~90 (at the most, I don't get to play my WAR that much, so maybe less).

Assuming you need 90TP, you need 18/hit. Solanis said they used the same itemset Sheelay posted, but with WAR earring and neck (so I'm going to -3STP for that), giving a total of +50STP. This makes for 19.5/hit according to FFCalc.

Assuming you're getting Haste + 2 marches, you'll be swinging approximately every 3 seconds (at the same time you'll get a TP tic from VV), giving approximately 21.5TP/hit~
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-21 04:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Not sure what you call a 5 hit but that setup is nowhere near it /NIN assuming 3 ticks of regain, and in my experience 3 is unreliable and only 2 should be relied on assuming you're actually getting buffs. Included Moonshade ticks as well before you ask.

Also unless it has enstun/enpetrify/*** named Mananagganal/Indrik etc. what are you fighting you can't /SAM for?

EDIT: it's not 50 STP, it's only 37 /NIN.
[+]
 Leviathan.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-02-21 05:52:32
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said:
Not sure what you call a 5 hit but that setup is nowhere near it /NIN assuming 3 ticks of regain, and in my experience 3 is unreliable and only 2 should be relied on assuming you're actually getting buffs. Included Moonshade ticks as well before you ask. Also unless it has enstun/enpetrify/*** named Mananagganal/Indrik etc. what are you fighting you can't /SAM for? EDIT: it's not 50 STP, it's only 37 /NIN.

I stand corrected for non-lowman play! I don't have a bard 99% of the time, so my only buff is haste. under those conditions, it's enough, but with any more haste, you're correct, it isn't. for me, assuming only two ticks of regain is absurd, and even with marches you're still looking at slightly over 9 seconds of tp phase assuming one DA, so saying 3 ticks is unreliable isn't quite relying on the math either. that being said, with the two minor changes, it's still not enough /nin but if you do stuff with a linkshell, /sam should be a very viable luxury along with the bard and my suggested set will of course always work.

I've tanked almost everything in abyssea as war/nin, /sam I'd bleed out. in my experience, the heroes mobs hit a little too hard to make it a non-stressful or impossible experience for the healer... but yeah, you are definitely right about the 5-hit under average conditions.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-02-21 06:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said:
EDIT: it's not 50 STP, it's only 37 /NIN.

Oops, I forgot XIAH activates all Latents in itemsets ><;

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-21 10:03:37
Link | Citer | R

Heroes mobs I can excuse, almost anything in Scars/Heroes /Sam has worked well enough for me unless I got disgorged for 5k... was in a bad spot and stunner had RL issues.

I had issues with adding TA in the mix due to Apoc/over TP rounds, but 3 ticks probably does work; I do occasionally have a Brd however. I'll rework math for VV assuming 3 ticks but I typically assumed the best scenario for buffs JIC. It's just in PUG I don't even get haste... or cures (and I'm the one tanking) ><
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-21 14:00:46
Link | Citer | R

If you have Ukon, and only +1 war af3 legs and feet, there's something wrong somewhere.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-02-21 17:35:06
Link | Citer | R

I don't agree. Ukon may be the primary objective, as it is for me, before the other gear. I buffed out my THF first, to accommodate lowmanning and the items for Ukon. Once Ukon is unlocked, I'll be blitzing the rest of the gear.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-21 18:17:40
Link | Citer | R

Ukon is the biggest improvement but +2 in Scars areas aren't hard to get. Can do them in your not living in Tahrongi/Chasm time.
By Andylynn 2011-02-21 20:05:33
Link | Citer | R

inb4lols

this is what i currently have for TP, its average i guess, id like to get +2 stuff, but i cant ever seem to find the help to do so on anything. LS on assura arent entirely into helping from what ive seen. though if anyone wants a war; i help if im helped in return :p. /tell me and maybe we can get something mutually beneficial going!
By Leonlionheart 2011-02-21 20:48:25
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
inb4lols

this is what i currently have for TP, its average i guess, id like to get +2 stuff, but i cant ever seem to find the help to do so on anything. LS on assura arent entirely into helping from what ive seen. though if anyone wants a war; i help if im helped in return :p. /tell me and maybe we can get something mutually beneficial going!

._. not a 5hit, and thusly no reason to use Attila's earring or a hoard ring, let alone a Belenos' Mantle. 6hit should be obtainable with Rajas+Brutal+Cchain(5+1+1, meaining you could swap out Cchain for Ravager's neck, and use Attila's earring). In my experience 5hit is rather difficult to obtain, especially without even +1 AF3 body (or lolaskar if you're that desperate).

I currently use this, which is and has been a 6hit for a very long time(Since before I had +1 body). Capped haste minus the .29% (according to ffxicalc) that a 600k+ Blitz ring would get me, or sacrificing the set bonus of those gloves along with the restraint bonus fulltime(or as fulltime as I can make it) by using perle hands... bleh.

Anyway the point is you could make some very easy upgrades, namely being dusk gloves, keen ring (or blitz ring if you go all out, you'll probably want one in the end anyway) Centarus earring(the one with +10 attack) and a Forager's mantle. Further improving the set would be +2, or even +1 body, Atheling mantle, Ravager's gorget, and mar's ring(lolnotworthit).

That being said, with VV/RR/Apoc I find myself getting to 100% TP very quickly and going over 100% often. Not to mention you'll probably be sitting on the sidelines while a thf, dnc, or mnk tank it so you don't feed tp- at least until you're a high end WAR, depending on your target. For most T1 NM's (NM's that mostly drop pop items for NM's such as Amarok, Ningishzida) you could probably tank with a decent whm, but for most T2 NM's (Such as Amarok, Ningishzida, Dhorme Khimaira) You'll probably want to stay away, only coming in to proc red. Ofcourse you'll have to *** the situtation. T3, gtfo- you're wasting WHM's time.

Edit: TP Advice is assuming you are /sam.
By Andylynn 2011-02-21 22:18:41
Link | Citer | R

it wasnt supposed to be a 5hit, twas a nooby 25% haste 6hit. the war is 60, and this was stuff i had lying around/had plans to get for other jobs too, until i could finish the rest of the gear (in no hurry to do so until im 90.) its not bad advice at all, just taking it one step at a time before i go for good stuff.

this is what id ideally like to look like (step 1):

step 2:

lastly getting an ukon!
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-02-21 22:24:49
Link | Citer | R

my tp set
By Leonlionheart 2011-02-21 22:33:03
Link | Citer | R

I see. That works out then for a decent tp setup.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-21 22:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said:
If you have Ukon, and only +1 war af3 legs and feet, there's something wrong somewhere.
[+]
 Valefor.Kungg
Serveur: Valefor
user: Kung
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-02-21 22:56:54
Link | Citer | R

90NIN /30WAR...
[+]
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-21 22:58:45
Link | Citer | R

ya, i just recently lvled ninja about a week ago, ive been a little busy finishing our 4th empyrean, right now its just a trigger job, but cool story bro
[+]
By richwood 2011-02-21 22:59:43
Link | Citer | R

Most gear now-a-days is not hard to come by with a little effort and some friends. Here is a 25% haste 5-Hit War gear set, I think you could easily work towards. Remember though: to get a 5 hit you need +42 STP as war with out /Sam Using a 504 delay weapon. This means that it may also be a good idea to WS in some STP gear as well as conserve TP gear i.e. Ele. Belts. or Aesir Earring.

Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-21 23:04:24
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kungg said:
90NIN /30WAR...
but nice try keep on rocking that subpar war
By richwood 2011-02-21 23:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said:

Aye, there is something wrong with people dropping judgment on how, when, and in what order another player chooses to obtain their gear. IMO anyway.

@OP, keep your head up you will get there, take your time, have fun, play the way that makes ya smile when ya log on/off.

(*^.^*)
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-02-21 23:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kese said:
Valefor.Kungg said:
90NIN /30WAR...
but nice try keep on rocking that subpar war

Nuuuu don't attack my gear sets....

my..myy.. feelings are hurt :(
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-21 23:13:27
Link | Citer | R

enough that u updated ur profile lmao. nice try bro, ur impressing every1!
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-02-21 23:22:32
Link | Citer | R

Caught me red handed!

but if we are checking out each others pages.. well gimme a sec... Ah yes ALL of your SJ's seem to be under leveled but its ok you have a Almace so I guess that makes up for it...
First Page 2