Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Xbox slim problem to get Online
Xbox slim problem to get Online
 Phoenix.Kabekebe
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Kabekebe
By Phoenix.Kabekebe 2011-02-17 21:57:10
Link | Citer | R

So here's the thing , my xbox who was 6 years old(yea no red ring and ***) died this week so i've decide to bought a new one (which i didnt know about Xbox white and Xbox ''Slim'') went to the store bought a black one for 4gb (since i never really install game in my xbox so didnt care really for gb) and bring that box at home. Put my playonline/ffxi in the disc tray clicked on play game (all i did before was the update for xbox and update the xbox dashboard which is requirement) and then i got a message saying ''Playonline require an hard drive to play the game please tap any button to exit playonline'' (yes i do have an hard drive but since its ...the new generation microsoft decide to put the harddrive INSIDE the xbox(dont ask me why honestly) my question is do i need a bigger space to play ffxi or its the game is not compatible with Xbox slim cause there's nothing i can do right now and i wanted to try the new ffxi update OUTSIDE abyssea since im lvling another job :( if you know anything avbout that I would be greatly happy to read your comment

thanks peeps! and hope to see you soon

1 love.
 Phoenix.Kabekebe
By Phoenix.Kabekebe 2011-02-17 21:58:13
Link | Citer | R

Just realized that i shoulda move that topic to tech support ...my bad
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-17 22:01:40
Link | Citer | R

4GB? They actually sell a next gen gaming system with only 4GB in it? Another fail point tacked in the belt of why Microsoft and Xbox is ***.

Anyways, assuming you haven't confused the specs, I'm going to say (and quite comfortably) that 4GB simply isn't enough space for all the updates involved in FFXI, and that the reason it's saying you have no harddrive, is because the one you have isn't large enough.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-17 22:03:06
Link | Citer | R

Yes you can play it on the black xboxes, and its way bigger then 4gb, you need a bigger drive.
 Fenrir.Enternius
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-02-17 22:10:10
Link | Citer | R

The new Xbox comes with a 250GB Hard drive standard, proving that rampant fanboyism knows no bounds, Slip.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-17 22:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Enternius said:
The new Xbox comes with a 250GB Hard drive standard, proving that rampant fanboyism knows no bounds, Slip.
Well then if that's the case, then what I said was irrelevant, now wasn't it?

If it did have only a 4GB harddrive, I'm sure anyone not an Xbox/Microsoft fanboy would have agreed with me.

Also, I can't be bothered to go and look up technical specs on a gaming system.
 Phoenix.Kabekebe
By Phoenix.Kabekebe 2011-02-17 22:26:03
Link | Citer | R

4 gb For 140$ in Canada it is Whut I did to get a new Xbox I thought gettin that for 140$ and put my old hard drive woulda be sweet (but like I said it's seem to be a new gen so they've put hard drive inside the box) so I will woke up tomorrow get 1 or 2 cup of coffee head to wal mart and ask them for a hard drive more than 4 gb I agreed the fact that 4 gn isn't enough but I didn't know that I couldn't put my old hard drive into my new box :/ and I know x ox is ***for playing such a game like this you get no windower no vent and it still *** froze in besieged!!!!! Not like I'm chillin in Al zhabi but it's something that shoulda been fixed since the released of whitegate plus speaking of buying guess imma bought a new ffxi game for my new box since I'm spending money imma just change everything I used to have into new shizzle!! :D anyway on this thank you for your quick reply I appreciated this
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-02-20 05:49:43
Link | Citer | R

Bah, I did the exact same *** thing. I went to reinstall FFXI on my slim (4gb) and there wasnt enough room. When they said internal hard drive also, i thought I derped and went and bought another xbox slim (bigger memory one). Didnt even think about just buying a hard drive. When i realized I could, i lol'd and /facepalmed myself a little. My roomie ended up buying my spare slim and giving it to her brother. Silly Canadians.

But yeah, when you go to transfer ***between Hard drives, I hate how nothing from FFXI transfer overs and you have to do a complete reinstall.
 Phoenix.Kabekebe
By Phoenix.Kabekebe 2011-03-07 14:50:13
Link | Citer | R

That is true so i decide to go back to the store said to the employee *** off with you new slimey black box and gimme back my money , went back to me place open the Steam website and just decide to bought the game for 5 bucks
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-07 15:28:12
Link | Citer | R

By the way, technically you can plug any laptop style hard drive into the new Xbox's anyway, or even unscrew the old Gen1 HD's and put that in... It's a case of simply opening the flap on either the top or bottom of the XBOX and pushing it in.

Still better on the PC, but yeah...
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-07 15:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
4GB? They actually sell a next gen gaming system with only 4GB in it? Another fail point tacked in the belt of why Microsoft and Xbox is ***.

Anyways, assuming you haven't confused the specs, I'm going to say (and quite comfortably) that 4GB simply isn't enough space for all the updates involved in FFXI, and that the reason it's saying you have no harddrive, is because the one you have isn't large enough.
The 4gb is for people who don't care to have any content on the system. a lot of casual gamers utilize them to save money. not to sound like a *** but it's kinda the guys fault for not remembering that FFXI installs on your HDD and NEVER goes away always occupying ~10gb of your HDD thus the extra $100 for the 250gb is worth it.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2011-03-07 15:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Wow so much fail in this thread. First off to Slipispsycho anybody who owns all 3 systems and isn't a biased fanboy will tell you the Xbox 360 is the best one when it comes to gaming. It's just fact.

Secondly, to the OP, you can easily transfer the hard drive from your old Xbox into the new slim one, all you need is a Torx screwdriver to remove the old xbox hdd casing.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-07 15:46:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
FFXI installs on your HDD and NEVER goes away always occupying ~10gb of your HDD.
There are a couple ways to get rid of it. Either clear the cache (they may have fixed that, it was supposedly a glitch), or put in the disc, and before logging into POL there is an option to uninstall.
oh....hm didn't know about the disc...the only other way is to reformat the HDD but srsly I have like 10 DL'd full games on my HDD so lolno
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-07 15:57:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
FFXI installs on your HDD and NEVER goes away always occupying ~10gb of your HDD.
There are a couple ways to get rid of it. Either clear the cache (they may have fixed that, it was supposedly a glitch), or put in the disc, and before logging into POL there is an option to uninstall.
oh....hm didn't know about the disc...the only other way is to reformat the HDD but srsly I have like 10 DL'd full games on my HDD so lolno
Psh I installed it on PC and never looked back at the xbox version...it's just been lingering on my HDD the past 2.5-3 years....even when I transfered HDD to the slim.
 Bahamut.Arouis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2011-03-07 15:58:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kabekebe said:
That is true so i decide to go back to the store said to the employee *** off with you new slimey black box and gimme back my money , went back to me place open the Steam website and just decide to bought the game for 5 bucks

If you did this in my shop, id laugh at you. Ignorant moronic customers think us managers/shopkeepers/whatever know exactly what you want? Are we all *** Psychic? No. Stfu and tell us what you want before you go giving us attitude.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-07 15:59:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Arouis said:
Phoenix.Kabekebe said:

If you did this in my shop, id laugh at you. Ignorant moronic customers think us managers/shopkeepers/whatever know exactly what you want? Are we all *** Psychic? No. Stfu and tell us what you want before you go giving us attitude.
The odds of the store clerk knowing that FF requires HDD space is slim. It should be up to the customer who plays said game to understand the basic system requirements.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-07 16:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Psh I installed it on PC and never looked back at the xbox version...it's just been lingering on my HDD the past 2.5-3 years....even when I transfered HDD to the slim.
Yea I have it installed on two of my harddrives... just in case.. I always have auto login anyway so I rarely see that screen anymore.
Yeah forgot auto-loggin
I only ever saw that screen to add content lmao.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-03-07 16:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kabekebe said:
xbawx hard drive size issues due to ffxi requiring more than 4gb

pcppcpcpppcpccpcpcppcpcpcpcpcpccpcppccpcpccpppcpccpcppcpcpccpcpccpcc

you're posting from one that's probably just as capable of running the game as your 360, if not better

i use to play on 360 myself, and if i ever had to forcefully play ffxi on a console ever again, i'd rather just not play at all

i implore you, give the pc version of ffxi a shot
 Bahamut.Arouis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2011-03-07 16:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Urial said:
Bahamut.Arouis said:
Phoenix.Kabekebe said:

The odds of the store clerk knowing that FF requires HDD space is slim. It should be up to the customer who plays said game to understand the basic system requirements.

^ This
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2011-03-07 16:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Urial said:

You can easily remove it by going to System Settings > Memory > selecting your hard drive then selecting transfer content (You'll need a USB flash drive or hard drive with at least 10GB space on it) and when you select the things you wanna transfer remove everything except in the Publisher Data category there's an item that'll be like 10GB called 1000000 or something like that and thats FFXI. Once you transfer it to your USB storage it'll be off your xbox hdd for good and you can just delete it from the USB storage using your PC.
 Phoenix.Kabekebe
By Phoenix.Kabekebe 2011-03-07 16:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Arouis said:
Phoenix.Kabekebe said:

lol it seem i've made someone mad about something :D First off the first day i bought the box i was happy... i honestly never thought that the xbox was just 4gb(you will say you should have checked before paying) that is true.. but who *** care i got a refund and play today on PC and i've only went for another refund cause i realized that i dont play any other games than FFXI on Xbox (when i was playing it on Xbox) im not the kind of gamer who would play CoD Halo or w/e other games that is popular on Xbox and for the information to play on PC it is true it is wayyy better than Xbox
there's no freaking mini-freeze when you zone area to area and honestly there's no loading on the menu of FFXI between PoL and FFXI
I can understand it frustated you the fact i said *** off with the slimey black xbox to the french canadian employee at wal mart , but seriously dude who the hell *** care? i bought an xbox the day after went back to wal mart and get a refund im still trying to figure why you're frustated about some dude in canada who got a refund on his xbox lol