users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Merits
Merits
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2011-02-14 10:08:32
Link | Citer | R

Looking at all the other Merit topics and they seem to be really old topics.

How are merits handled now a days since Abyssea and stuff. What's good and why?
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Serveur: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-02-14 10:16:15
Link | Citer | R

Here.
 Gilgamesh.Hatfield
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Hatfield
By Gilgamesh.Hatfield 2011-02-14 10:22:06
Link | Citer | R

5/5 Helix macc/mab for sure. The rest is just basically how you wanna play sch. I still have the 5/5 MV, but im thinking of changing that too since its the most crap ja now that it misses/resists on everything. Elightenment savesyou a charge or two when you absolutely need to cast opposite strategem
 Odin.Mikumaru
Serveur: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2011-02-14 12:02:40
Link | Citer | R

i'm curious why V mitts instead of Goli Mitts for nooking , especially since SE said they would most likely be adding Nyzul/Salvage trials . i would think the +4 MaCC (an extremely useful stat for most SCH spells ) would be more beneficial and a worth while trade of 1 MaB . I know the set was low resist , just curious . Also would a good Helix Build be similar to Nooking Set or does Helix respond better to a single stat like just INT or MaB or would a balance of MaB/INT/MaCC be better for maximum DoT , in and out of Abyssea .

Edit : on a side note i have a Lit Coat with MaB+3 (MaB+6 total )augment on it and have found that Teal Out DMGs it on SCH but not on BLM , are the BLM MaB merits to reason for this ?
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Serveur: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-02-14 17:48:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Mikumaru said:
i'm curious why V mitts instead of Goli Mitts for nooking , especially since SE said they would most likely be adding Nyzul/Salvage trials . i would think the +4 MaCC (an extremely useful stat for most SCH spells ) would be more beneficial and a worth while trade of 1 MaB . I know the set was low resist , just curious .

Inside Abyssea, with Atma of Minikin Monstrosity (50INT) and Ultimate (which has +MACC), there really shouldn't be a need for +4MACC. Even if you are resisting, I doubt +4MACC under such circumstance would do much. For 1 MAB, if you're nuking for around 3000, that's about an estimate of a 30 damage increase that quickly builds up over time if you're nuking a lot.