Cruor Party Questions
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-11 18:35:40
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering what's the best way to do one of these? Is it best to kill 1 of Monster A then 1 of Monster B, and repeat. Or is it more/less/as effective to kill 10 of Monster A, then 10 of Monster B, etc?
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-11 18:39:09
Link | Citer | R

Cruor chain resets everytime you kill 2 of the same monster in a row. So you hae to do 1 and 1. And possibly kill and empherals/avatars along the way for fun and extra cruor
 Pandemonium.Nalien
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: juro
By Pandemonium.Nalien 2011-02-11 19:37:05
Link | Citer | R

what's the cap on cruor
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-11 19:43:06
Link | Citer | R

Not sure since someone always resets or don't have enough silver lights (you'd be suprised how many people don't understand that TEs will flow just fine even with getting ruby) plus variable amounts of abyssite of the reapers and such. Also kill speed seems to factor in. And usually one mob type gives less than the other we are fighting though that might be kill speed. Usually once you get up there though you are getting 500+ on normal mobs
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-11 23:02:28
Link | Citer | R

So it doesn't matter what mobs you kill as long as it's only 1? like could to, cralwer, puk, rabbit, murex, ephemeral. 1 of each and cruor chain would still rise?
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-11 23:12:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said:
So it doesn't matter what mobs you kill as long as it's only 1? like could to, cralwer, puk, rabbit, murex, ephemeral. 1 of each and cruor chain would still rise?
Considering that absolutely any different type of mob will break your exp chain, even the NM of the mobs you're killing, I think it's pretty fair to say that any different mob will continue your cruor chain. In fact, you can probably just go by the mob name, rather than type.

Same name > same name = exp chain
diff name > diff name = cruor chain
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-02-12 00:41:13
Link | Citer | R

would it be possible to kill 1 mob, then kill a different mob, then return and kill another of the first mob you started with? basically sitting in between the spawn of 2 different mobs, rather running around fighting 1 mob, then another and moving around the entire zone.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 00:43:29
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
would it be possible to kill 1 mob, then kill a different mob, then return and kill another of the first mob you started with? basically sitting in between the spawn of 2 different mobs, rather running around fighting 1 mob, then another and moving around the entire zone.
Generally what I happens in the cruor pts I'm in is if we have the people just park one pt at one mob type and park another at the adjacent mob type. And each time you see a kill if it wasn't your pt start fighting your mob

If we have a bit less just park between them and have someone pull
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-02-12 00:44:45
Link | Citer | R

awesome thanks :) gonna sit between bunnies and crawlers in vunkerl :P
 Bismarck.Diki
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Dharshi
By Bismarck.Diki 2011-02-12 02:06:01
Link | Citer | R

The best we've been able to work out on Bismarck has been to set up like so:

Zone: A-Misareaux Coast
Area: Camp on the Ramp between Colibri and Birds

Have the entire ally camp on that ramp while one person makes alternating pulls from each mob camp. As the puller comes into the camp with a red mob the DD's pull and kill that mob. Repeat this process.

Target Mobs:
-Primary: Colibri, Birds
-Secondary: Jala, Murex, Ameba (sp)
-Optional: Colibri NM, Bat NM, Bird NM

Have your Azure person do their own thing and build that light on their own off of the secondary mobs near camp. Once they are done capping Azure return to camp and just cast what they can. Pull should focus on Primary mobs but aim to kill any Jala as they see them due to their increased cruor.

It's important to utilize a few rules to make this as effective and simple as you can so you may continue mindlessly without breaking the cruor chain.

1. Only 1 puller
2. Auto Target off
3. No one touches links, no sleeps, binds, anything. Links stay on the puller as white the entire time until the puller makes the correct mob turn red
4. Don't sit on TP. Ruby is your friend here

Party Setup:
1 Puller (THF/??? works nice for this with Absorb atma, 2x regen, darts, and Skadi feet)
1 Azure builder
3-4 Heavy DDs (one with a attention grabbing ability/spell is nice, Drg is very nice.)
1 Key person
11 Whatever else you like, leaches, more DD, healers, w/e.

As for the puller, I find it best to do a process of such:
(Birds)<-----[Ally]----->(Colibri)

Pull from one side and continue running right to the next mob family. As the ally begins to pick up killing speed aim to start linking mobs to shorten your travel time. THF with capped evasion has 0 issues holding 4-6 mobs at a given time while still gaining HP.

----

That area of Misareaux Coast is nice due to monster placement (Murex, Jala) and how it relates to quickly building lights. These two families(bird, colibri) are relatively decent but are more than likely not the "perfect" setup.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-12 02:17:09
Link | Citer | R

You say ruby is your friend, yet only the frigates give it, not the colibri. /pedantic
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 02:17:38
Link | Citer | R

We do puks and rabbits in vunkrel. No links and they so close together. Don't really bother with a set puller.

Rabbit pt just stays amongst the wabbits and usually have mages on puks. Or at least have the healer pull or something if needed often have your blm sleepga puks at camp once azure capped. But having mages kill on one and melee on the other is nice cause if for some reason you get really confused you can always just know you start fighting after azure or ruby/pearl kills. Plus since a well geared/atma blm can 1 shot puks it completely kills the need for any pullers lol.

Also to note rabbits don't give amber so don't be afraid to wildfire like a boss. And ramuh, murex and ameobas roam there alot which can be nice extra cruor/lights.

Only really need 1-2 DDs per family too giving the slight wait times you can regain a decent amount of tp and a good ws from any decent DD can rip mobs to shreds. Heck I can do a good 80%+ on blu rng or even thf ws
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-12 03:45:14
Link | Citer | R

In my opinion Misa-coast works nice with Squibs and apkallus. Can just sit between them and ranged attack for a pull. 2 people are enough. I personally wouldn't get a whole alliance for that. Ppl will always *** up and since you can only kill 1 mob at a time it doesn't rly increase killing speed. Too much overkill
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 13:54:24
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
In my opinion Misa-coast works nice with Squibs and apkallus. Can just sit between them and ranged attack for a pull. 2 people are enough. I personally wouldn't get a whole alliance for that. Ppl will always *** up and since you can only kill 1 mob at a time it doesn't rly increase killing speed. Too much overkill
Yeah same thing. Pretty much any people past 2 pts is usually going to hurt you more than help you unless they are leeches or healers or something
By Enygma3 2011-02-13 01:56:26
Link | Citer | R

we were trying this in la thiene earlier and ran into problems, we went in killed 2 glows for azure, which btw seemed we had to kill 6 to get 30 azure from it instead of 10 per kill(im assuming murex only give 10? idk) then we started pearling alternate mobs to cap cruor, the cruor was rolling in but our azure was capped at start, then by time our cruor was capped we had no azure lights it seemed, no new players came in and we kept getting tiny xp chests instead of the normal TE or incredible cruor chests.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-13 03:08:27
Link | Citer | R

Never heard of losing lights except supposedly from amoebas. You sure you had capped before? Like maybe just a couple of people were capped cause of abyssite and you went on and everyone else wasn't.

And um did you kill 6 or did you kill 2? No one zoned at all?
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2011-02-13 04:09:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Never heard of losing lights except supposedly from amoebas. You sure you had capped before? Like maybe just a couple of people were capped cause of abyssite and you went on and everyone else wasn't.

If you are getting enough/varied lights, you will encounter that at some point in time, your lights reach some rollover point, and you go back down to basic chests.
You tend to see this under some conditions:

- You aren't constantly building light of a particular color (i.e. azure, amber)
- You are in abyssea for an extended period, and/or have a high kill rate.

Its usually very easy to get back up to maximum chest potency; just go kill a few murex/vnm/nms.

But essentially, cruor parties aren't much different from XP parties; if you get incompetent people, they are going to suck ***.

Its not enough to just kill one mob, then another. You need to do it quickly, otherwise its not really much better than getting 100cruor/mob where the mob lives 10-20s, and its a lot more work.

Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-13 04:14:36
Link | Citer | R

Pug said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

If you are getting enough/varied lights, you will encounter that at some point in time, your lights reach some rollover point, and you go back down to basic chests.
You tend to see this under some conditions:

- You aren't constantly building light of a particular color (i.e. azure, amber)
- You are in abyssea for an extended period, and/or have a high kill rate.

Its usually very easy to get back up to maximum chest potency; just go kill a few murex/vnm/nms.

But essentially, cruor parties aren't much different from XP parties; if you get incompetent people, they are going to suck ***.

Its not enough to just kill one mob, then another. You need to do it quickly, otherwise its not really much better than getting 100cruor/mob where the mob lives 10-20s, and its a lot more work.
I've never seen lights reset, except as Dasva says, when a mother *** ephemeral amoeba steals them. ***.

I agree with you on your last point though, if you can't alternate mobs quickly and efficiently, then it could well be better to just do a regular exp party and cap silver lights via red chests. Aoe burn should work well for this too.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-13 06:15:51
Link | Citer | R

I usually run between flies and pixies in la theine, got NM and eph options there too.
 Bismarck.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2011-02-13 06:36:15
Link | Citer | R

so you cant just have 2 party`s within exp range and rape birds and colibries ?
as 1 pt stays on birds and kills them and the other pt rapes colibries .

Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-13 06:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Fabiano said:
so you cant just have 2 party`s within exp range and rape birds and colibries ?
as 1 pt stays on birds and kills them and the other pt rapes colibries .

You could, but you'd still have to make sure to take it kill for kill, every time you kill two of the same type in a row, your cruor will reset to base.
 Bismarck.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2011-02-13 06:42:21
Link | Citer | R

ok thanks.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-02-13 11:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Did a Carabosse farm yesterday for 11 hours, first 3 hours had issues with my members being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, so technically only farmed for 8 hours, nearly finished but during our cleave sessons, opened all silvery light boxes, cleaved for 30-40 minutes after the farm ended and was getting close to 250cruor a kill :D I love abyssea! would have been higher if we opened silvery sooner but yah.
 Cerberus.Freonski
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Gero
By Cerberus.Freonski 2011-02-13 12:50:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Cruor and exp both cap at 610 exp. I've never seen more than 610 cruor per kill though but it should be possible with the abyssites Notorious monsters are part of this chaining system too. I've killed Fulmontodore -> emp murex-> tauri -> fulmontodore in vunkel and by the 5th tauri it's giving 150+ cruor already per kill
I've never seen that much cruor/kill, that would be awesome lol

Not trying to start anything but doesnt exp cap at 660 on some mobs?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-13 13:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah like the last cruor pt I did much in I capped azure myself since I was the only magic dmg there and then proceeded to melee most the rest of the time and there was no light reset. And we were rubying like mad men
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-13 13:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Fabiano said:
so you cant just have 2 party`s within exp range and rape birds and colibries ? as 1 pt stays on birds and kills them and the other pt rapes colibries .
That's basically what I usually do unless we have less than 4 compenent DDs (including magical ones). Most well atma'd/geared DDs can damn near or actually one shot xp mobs nowadays

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-13 14:20:21
Link | Citer | R

Well yeah xp and cruor build a bit regardless but you don't see most of it till you chain properly.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2