Siren.Thoraeon said:
I was so tempted to do the same type of thing =X
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 11:11:00
Link | Citer | R

There is no need to research it... 30% dmg will never be worse than 12 MAB... not even *** close. Hell HQ staffs will always beat the trial MAB there is no need to even think about it or do the math the difference is so great.

It's like asking if a lvl 1 dagger is comparable to mandau
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-02-22 11:11:03
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Thoraeon said:

my thoughts exactly
Serveur: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-22 11:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Thoraeon said:
Is that show even still on tv?
By sefalon 2011-02-22 11:29:43
Link | Citer | R

I was hoping that someone with the staffs can give me some insight on how much dmg they differ from if casting similar spells. Elanbelle in a attempt to belittle me proved my point that some people don't know what they are talking about. He probably been thinking like that for years. I like to test stuff out for myself and not rely on others and their math. So gl on being the best. I can't make 5 staffs so I will settle with what I can.
 Ramuh.Leif
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-02-22 11:40:36
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Siren.Thoraeon said:
Is that show even still on tv?
Somehow, yes. They show new episodes Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network.

That said, I still watch it to poke fun at Ash and be like "HA HA" whenever he royally screws up. I am not ashamed.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-22 11:43:10
Link | Citer | R

sefalon said:
I was hoping that someone with the staffs can give me some insight on how much dmg they differ from if casting similar spells. Elanbelle in a attempt to belittle me proved my point that some people don't know what they are talking about. He probably been thinking like that for years. I like to test stuff out for myself and not rely on others and their math. So gl on being the best. I can't make 5 staffs so I will settle with what I can.
.... If you don't have the time to make alot of mangian staffs then at least make the thunder one or the ice one. The magian thunder or ice staff when updated (not even fully updated just to level 85) gives a 30% damage increase to all thunder or ice spells. not only does no other staff match that but that is a big increase in damage conpared to the 15% damage increase that the HQ staffs give. (fyi I have both the magian +2 staff for ice and I have used the ice HQ staff... I know what im talking about.)
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
Serveur: Diabolos
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-02-22 11:44:06
Link | Citer | R

http://bash74.com/magic/

It's not updated w/ the new spells and staves, but the HQ w/ only +2 affinity still beats your staff

Constants: Thunder IV, target 100 INT, MAB IV Trait

"Your Staff" INT 100, MAB +9, 762 dmg

"HQ Staff" INT 91, MAB 0, 793 dmg

Yes this is a thrown together test, your dINT is probably greater than 0, but you get the idea. Fully upgrade magian staff with +5 affinity will blow your staff out of the water

EDIT: staff is MAB+12, still only 779 dmg
 Fenrir.Ilax
Serveur: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-22 11:47:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
It's like asking if a lvl 1 dagger is comparable to mandau

Are you sure? at least lv 1 dagger never gonna poison your mob and kill your alliance rofl :) [jk]
By sefalon 2011-02-22 11:50:37
Link | Citer | R

Just fyi its not my staff lol I do have hq and thunder +2 I mentioned it because I have 11 jobs and would be nice to free up some space but if the staff sux as much as you say then I wont get it. It suprises me that they would make a nuking staff that is far worse than ha but se is not always bright
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
Serveur: Diabolos
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-02-22 11:55:57
Link | Citer | R

It's definitely not the nuking staff, it merely follows along the pattern of elemental properties, like wind/agi/eva or fire/str/atk. This happens to be ice/int/mab, which happens to suck compared to the staves.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-22 12:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Normal everyday HQ level 51 elemental staves have a well-documented hidden effect of element-specific MAB+15

No.
Elanabelle the elemental staffs don't have MAB they have Magic affinity.

Yes, I'm aware of the difference between MAB and Magic "Affinity". Yes, I know they are calculated separately when computing magic damage. Yes, I typed MAB+15 when I should have written "Magic Damage +15%". Sorry.

This doesn't change my point though: A Magian Staff with +9 INT and +12 MAB doesn't even come close to the potency and worth of a level 51 HQ elemental stave.

And ... that brings me to this:
sefalon said:
Elanbelle in a attempt to belittle me proved my point that some people don't know what they are talking about. He probably been thinking like that for years.

Um, no.
I'm not trying to belittle you.
But, that Staff +2 with 9 INT and MAB+12 is obviously inferior to HQ elemental level 51 staffs.
Don't waste your time.

Diabolos.Artfuldodger said:
It's definitely not the nuking staff, it merely follows along the pattern of elemental properties, like wind/agi/eva or fire/str/atk. This happens to be ice/int/mab, which happens to suck compared to the staves.

Artful here is correct!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 12:45:35
Link | Citer | R

Even blm mythic doesn't compare to the elemental trial staffs. In fact I think it still does less even under elemental seal now. If you really don't have time and want to gimp it to save space just use a kirin staff!!! I mean ***you should already probably have one for elemental dots/stoneskin!!!
By sefalon 2011-02-22 13:01:24
Link | Citer | R

I am not
wanting gimp my blk by any means. I assume you also have a lot of jobs leveled since u post in almost every single thread, so you can understand me wanting to organise a bit. I have a thunder +2 and will probably get ice as well but for the others I will just use hq that I have. I am not trying to be the best just efficient and useful. I am not seeing anyone. Put up insane numbers above me so as long as I am on par with other blk on my server im ok with that.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-02-23 06:58:14
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious, are any of the elemental grips worth using? I know inside abyssea your macc is gonna be pretty much capped on more or less everything, but was just wondering if I should keep the ice+wind ones for when not doing abyssea related stuff.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-23 07:07:50
Link | Citer | R

x

there's +3 skill grips out there (elemental/enfeebling/dark/divine/etc), and have been out there since scar zones, which effectively replace elemental grips through and through

this is beside the fact though that you shouldn't ever have much an issue landing debuffs/nukes on most things in the current state of the game, so pure damage statistics/effectiveness outweigh accuracy
 Jar
By Jar 2011-02-24 20:07:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Elemental Enfeebling: I'd probably just use HQ staffs unless they found a tier after 150+ int... some more macc might be nice too.

was wondering this myself has anyone tested at allIi remember me not being able to overlap my taru friends Choke with my choke a few times. gave a "Has no affect" msg so it didn't resist?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 23:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Jar said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Elemental Enfeebling: I'd probably just use HQ staffs unless they found a tier after 150+ int... some more macc might be nice too.
was wondering this myself has anyone tested at allIi remember me not being able to overlap my taru friends Choke with my choke a few times. gave a "Has no affect" msg so it didn't resist?
That's kinda odd considering how fast it decays. Usually I can overwrite my own in the exact same gear as soon as the recast is up... I guess I'll go test it on some crap mobs

Edit: well 206 didn't do it... will be hard getting more outside of abyssea. And in abyssea mobs have enough hp that it's hard to tell unless doing it on a charmed person
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-04-18 11:02:54
Link | Citer | R

ok I've make some improvements sence the last time i've posted here to my gear selection.

* Now have sorc ring (use full dalmatica (hat is +1) and serket ring to make it active)

* Made a minor addtion to my hmp set (Nisse slacks)

* Increased the effectiveness of my stoneskin (got stone gorget, sigel sash and haven hose. stoneskin is now at 430)

* Made more progress on the Hvergelmir (6/50, 24/50, 9/75)

Things I still need to do:

* Improve my idle set

* Improve my -pdt set

* Get the fire and thunder mangian trial staffs

* Get novio (><)

* Get gaters

* Get the other elemental obis (fire, wind, water, earth)

would have made more progress but I've been improving my 2nd job more as of late but now im trying to focus on this.

If you were me on my "things I still need to do" list what would you do first? Also welcome to any other advice you all can give.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-04-18 11:29:41
Link | Citer | R

bump?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-18 11:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Magian staffs, then Idle/PDT, specially if you use Sorc ring in abyssea, as it might save your *** <_>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-18 12:06:55
Link | Citer | R

* Now have sorc ring (use full dalmatica (hat is +1) and serket ring to make it active)

If you were me on my "things I still need to do" list what would you do first? Also welcome to any other advice you all can give.

Youre a taru I assume and full dalmatica set is 255hp down with extra 5 for +1 head and serket ring too 50hp thats 305 hp just seems a bit too much and maybe carrying unncessary gear. Mine is about 265? morgana choker, nq crown slacks and mitts and bifrost ring.

Heres my general idle build. Can press additional mdt macro if i really needed for taking nukes.

Bit of an update I use goetia coat+2 not morri ... shame morri does look nicer but 2 tick vs 1 tick. The ring is -5mdt and -4pdt got 2 of those if needed. The Bifrost ring is there for 2 reasons mp boost in idle build and to keep hp white with sorc ring proc'd for blood agro areas. Genie lappas just for evasion didnt wanna have to carry a piece just for idle probably should be goliard slops possibly. Waist serves no real purpose for this build but nothing else to go in with it. Ear2 is refresh and macc, ear 1 and neck are both for mp too.

I looked at the builds on your page they're pretty good, mine may give you few ideas or if its dated and you find something I could make use of yourself lemme know too.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [91 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-07-18 13:05:12
Link | Citer | R

Ok... made some more progress sence the last time:

* Made more progress on the Hvergelmir (50/50, 50/50, 11/75)

* Got novio

* The fire staff is nearing the final stage (currently at +3 damage +1 acc)

* added 2 -pdt dark rings to Improve my -pdt set

* got the fire elemental obi

I still need to get following:

* Get gaters

* Get the other elemental obis (wind, water, earth)

* Finish fire and get thunder mangian trial staffs

* Improve my idle set

* Look into an gain some of the new items to improve my gear sets

On this last note.... does anyone know what the new ideal nuking gear set is?
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-18 13:34:43
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darkwizardzin said:
Ok... made some more progress sence the last time:

* Made more progress on the Hvergelmir (50/50, 50/50, 11/75)

* Got novio

* The fire staff is nearing the final stage (currently at +3 damage +1 acc)

* added 2 -pdt dark rings to Improve my -pdt set

* got the fire elemental obi

I still need to get following:

* Get gaters

* Get the other elemental obis (wind, water, earth)

* Finish fire and get thunder mangian trial staffs

* Improve my idle set

* Look into an gain some of the new items to improve my gear sets

On this last note.... does anyone know what the new ideal nuking gear set is?

MAB +9 Valkyrie's legs fo sho!
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-07-18 13:42:26
Link | Citer | R

ideal nuking set :

hecate earring/novio, full+2 af3 set, searing cape/cognition belt or searing sash, goetia neck or artemis pendant (depending on moon)(ugg pendant is nice outside abyssea with sch sub (optional) to deplete less mp when being on latent effect) ice/thunder trial magician staff, Strendu Ring + sorc ring ,witch sash ammo
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2011-07-18 13:51:34
Link | Citer | R

Ossa Grip
Dunno if it has been mentioned yet but the latent trigger is having ice spikes on. Another piece for an ideal (ice) nuke set, I think.
 Bismarck.Gael
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-07-18 13:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
ideal nuking set :

hecate earring/novio, full+2 af3 set, searing cape/cognition belt or searing sash, goetia neck or artemis pendant (depending on moon)(ugg pendant is nice outside abyssea with sch sub (optional) to deplete less mp when being on latent effect) ice/thunder trial magician staff, Strendu Ring + sorc ring ,witch sash ammo

Not really, unless you are talking about your ideal nuking set.

Genesis locket (+artemis when mook is ok), oneiros headgear, oneiros sash are in the ideal nuking set
 Cerberus.Quipto
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-07-18 14:00:25
Link | Citer | R

This seems like the best nuking head piece for the time being. Not sure if it's enough to overcome the loss in set bonus though.
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2011-07-18 14:15:06
Link | Citer | R

If you want true ideal sets you have to look into the best possible augments for
Zenith Crown +1(INT+4 MAB+5)

Valkrie legs(MAB+9)

and probably some other augmentable stuff.. and don't be too surprised if Morrigan's get augments next month and becomes the top set again.