Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 5751 5752 5753 ... 22715 22716 22717
By Jetackuu 2012-05-19 04:34:59
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I built this one. Was my first build actually.

ah.

Well the only "legal" way is to put that OEM one on and like give it to a family member, but you won't be able to get support from Microsoft at all.

(by "give" I mean register it in their name etc, I am not sure if you need that other kit or not to get it to work properly, I've never played with it, but I can ask some people later today, they won't be up for a good 7 hours though...)

The thing about the OEM is you cannot technically ever put it on another computer, or you're not supposed to. It's like the discs they send from HP or Dell that only work with that machine, that disc and the kit combined make those (from what I'm gathering.)

The retail one I linked will allow you to put it on your computer, no matter which computer it is.

I'm lucky, my laptop came with 7 home, but I put the Pro on that I have access to because I've taken IT classes. MSDN software alliance ftw.
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-19 04:37:48
Link | Citer | R

I was just hoping I would be able to pop this in and wipe my comp and have this version of win 7. This is why I *** hate computers... Seriously. See 100 bucks isn't THAT big a deal (though it is a big deal if it's completely wasted money...), but 250 or 300 IS a big deal for an OS. This is so stupid.

Also @seha DON'T SETTLE! You will regret it when it comes to QD- aug
By Jetackuu 2012-05-19 04:40:37
Link | Citer | R

I was just hoping I would be able to pop this in and wipe my comp and have this version of win 7. This is why I *** hate computers... Seriously.

why are you blaming computers when you bought the wrong disc?

I mean it's an honest mistake but still...

software isn't cheap, my copy of XP pro is "pirated" (well technically it was copied from a disc at a company), but I have a legit copy now too (thanks again MSDN) but I still use my other as the disc has more features, and the code doesn't require activation.

$250 is pretty cheap for an OS, in a store it would probably be $300+

(I remember when XP was $400)

edit: not to mention you're essentially getting 2 OS's with that package, which is one hell of a deal.
By SSJAV 2012-05-19 04:40:52
Link | Citer | R

I was just hoping I would be able to pop this in and wipe my comp and have this version of win 7. This is why I *** hate computers... Seriously. See 100 bucks isn't THAT big a deal (though it is a big deal if it's completely wasted money...), but 250 or 300 IS a big deal for an OS. This is so stupid.

Download it. X: I downloaded Windows 7 ultimate and it works fine.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-19 04:44:42
Link | Citer | R

tbh if you have a Full install disc of let's say windows 7 Pro, there's a file you can remove and make it a universal install disc for all the versions, there's a tool that will do it.

You would just need another serial # (which fortunately in Windows 7 it's easy to change). They made it too easy.

The sad part here is that I found both of these out for legit reasons, been helping the student repair shop at school.

It's also how I made a 7 home disc from a Pro disc, since I had to wipe one of my gf's computers because she was selling it, and OEM pc's have serial #'s with them.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-19 04:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Last time was on ah 3 months ago, and all the people I asked don't have enough skill to craft it D:
By SSJAV 2012-05-19 04:51:14
Link | Citer | R

You could also use winloader to make the disc/whatever legit.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-19 04:51:40
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

Because that's just it. This ***is really confusing. I thought it was the right item, but it turns out there are so many different versions of the same damn product. I'm pretty sure the average person who doesn't know a damn thing about computers (such as much), would have made the same mistake.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-19 04:52:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Last time was on ah 3 months ago, and all the people I asked don't have enough skill to craft it D:

There is a power search function for folks on your server with x craft at y level. Just use the search on this site. You'll find a 100+ alchemist.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-19 04:52:36
Link | Citer | R

Eik:

get this:

http://download.cnet.com/EasyBCD/3000-2094_4-10556865.html

and one of these:

http://www.ubuntu.com/

http://www.slackware.com/ (I have this in a VM)

http://www.debian.org/ (I'll be learning a n ARM version of this soon)

and dualboot with your pirated 7 for games. (would a new serial # set you straight for now?)

(also while there's others on here that I'm sure know Linux fairly well, I know enough to get it installed and to start it up, but I don't know much else).
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-19 04:53:13
Link | Citer | R

Mafuyu Orifushi said: »

what? I'm not real savvy with pirating ***. I used this DL'd version for awhile, and its no longer being recognized as not legit. If there is a way I can get a registry for it I'd be more than happy to use that means.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-19 04:53:25
Link | Citer | R

There is a power search function for folks on your server with x craft at y level. Just use the search on this site. You'll find a 100+ alchemist.
I'm afraid they'll run away with it if I ask someone I don't know <.<
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-19 04:54:47
Link | Citer | R

then GM them seha. If you make an agreement there is nothing they can do. The GM will physically give you your -1 I'm sure.

And wtf is that easyBCD?
By SSJAV 2012-05-19 04:55:20
Link | Citer | R

what? I'm not real savvy with pirating ***. I used this DL'd version for awhile, and its no longer being recognized as not legit. If there is a way I can get a registry for it I'd be more than happy to use that means.
When I pirated mine, friend gave me winloader (Let me see if I can find a link) it basically makes the fake copy legit. It's a simple tool.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-19 04:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Because that's just it. This ***is really confusing. I thought it was the right item, but it turns out there are so many different versions of the same damn product. I'm pretty sure the average person who doesn't know a damn thing about computers (such as much), would have made the same mistake.

well it says in the description...

most people who don't know a damn about computers typically buy the upgrade box thinking they can install it.

I mean you could probably get yours to work, but I've never tried it so I can't say for sure.

quick research:

pcworld said:
The downsides to an OEM edition are that the license bans users from transferring the operating system from one PC to another, it comes sans support of any kind, and it can only be used for a so-called "clean" install, which requires that data and settings be restored from backups, and applications be reinstalled, after the operating system is on the drive.

Several Computerworld readers pointed out that an OEM license for Windows 7 costs even less than an upgrade. "You could save even more money if you just buy the OEM versions from places like TigerDirect or Newegg," said an anonymous commenter of last week's story on the upgrade trick.

apparently there's a way to use an upgrade disc to do a clean install, go figure.

Personally: I'd spend the extra $150- to be able to put it on any machine I wanted to, but if you only plan to use that computer, go for it. Windows 8 will be out eventually. (Be warned though, Microsoft flip flops on good/bad OS, it's time for another bad one).
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-05-19 04:56:39
Link | Citer | R

nq is bad-q
By SSJAV 2012-05-19 04:59:39
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Phoenix/Pilipinoboi This guy crafted a few things for me when I was on Phoenix. Dunno if he still plays, but he made my -1 finger gauntlet's/body.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-19 05:05:11
Link | Citer | R

then GM them seha. If you make an agreement there is nothing they can do. The GM will physically give you your -1 I'm sure.

And wtf is that easyBCD?

It's a bootloader, so you can boot multiple operating systems properly, I used it for a bit when I was dualbooting XP and 7, as they use different loaders they weren't working properly.

since you're talking of a desktop I'd throw in an extra hdd and have one OS on one, and another OS on the other. Or if you like the OS of choice to boot automatically without your intervention you could use a manual HDD switch, but then the HDD's wouldn't be able to read from each other, which has it's benefits too.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-19 05:11:43
Link | Citer | R

pcworld said:
The downsides to an OEM edition are that the license bans users from transferring the operating system from one PC to another, it comes sans support of any kind, and it can only be used for a so-called "clean" install, which requires that data and settings be restored from backups, and applications be reinstalled, after the operating system is on the drive.

Several Computerworld readers pointed out that an OEM license for Windows 7 costs even less than an upgrade. "You could save even more money if you just buy the OEM versions from places like TigerDirect or Newegg," said an anonymous commenter of last week's story on the upgrade trick.

apparently there's a way to use an upgrade disc to do a clean install, go figure.

Sounds like it should work the way I thought it might afterall? Idc if I can't put it on other systems. I don't plan on upgradin the harddrive for awhile.
 Leviathan.Erang
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Erang
By Leviathan.Erang 2012-05-19 05:25:08
Link | Citer | R

I must say once again, see that movie 'Goon'. Great freaking movie. I was almost able to shed a tear for this very touching story. 7.0 on IMDB so you know it has to be good.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-19 05:40:32
Link | Citer | R

pcworld said:

Sounds like it should work the way I thought it might afterall? Idc if I can't put it on other systems. I don't plan on upgradin the harddrive for awhile.

It will suffice if you want it to, just backup your networking drivers in case you have to download them all.

also download a little thing known as hirensbootcd, it's a great toolkit. (and obviously you can boot from it) (you can even make a bootable usb with it, there's directions on it's site).

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/

(direct download link: http://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/Hirens.BootCD.15.1.zip)
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-19 05:59:24
Link | Citer | R

A bomb was set at the entrance to a highschool, a girl died and 3 more are in danger.

What's with the world?
By pixx 2012-05-19 06:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Stillllll drunk from last night. Fry up now or fry up later?
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-05-19 07:26:39
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Phoenix/Pilipinoboi This guy crafted a few things for me when I was on Phoenix. Dunno if he still plays, but he made my -1 finger gauntlet's/body.

He was still around when I quit a few months back. Hell that guy has been around forever, here he is way before the time of Sagi and the subligar!

Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-05-19 07:27:37
Link | Citer | R

Pixel Pants said: »
Stillllll drunk from last night. Fry up now or fry up later?

Fry up later, unless you want several frying pan burns >_>
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-19 07:33:10
Link | Citer | R

I keep writing posts and then delete them before sending them. I guess my mind isn't clear.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-05-19 07:41:01
Link | Citer | R

I keep writing posts and then delete them before sending them. I guess my mind isn't clear.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Clear_Mind

:D
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-05-19 08:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Just dropped my fiancee off at the airport, it's officially me and the pooch until Tuesday. What should I do?
[+]
 Phoenix.Nerji
user: Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2012-05-19 08:07:03
Link | Citer | R

<3 Jackass, wish they'd make loads more stuff!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-05-19 08:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Erang said: »
I must say once again, see that movie 'Goon'. Great freaking movie. I was almost able to shed a tear for this very touching story. 7.0 on IMDB so you know it has to be good.

Speaking of great movies, I highly recommend Rubber.
First Page 2 3 ... 5751 5752 5753 ... 22715 22716 22717