Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22726 22727 22728
By Pantafernando 2024-10-25 07:21:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's like she skinned cait sith's moogle and wore his arms as a jacket

Its obviously a homage for Knuckles
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-10-25 07:31:08
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
WTF is the XIV dev team doing @_@

Source? Afaik the next live letter will be on Nov 1

The Patch 7.1 "special site" that they put up before every big patch.
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-10-25 07:58:49
Link | Citer | R

I don't keep up with FFXIV, is that supposed to be Prishe?
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-10-25 09:39:27
Link | Citer | R

It is.

And XIV should be prepared.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-10-25 11:32:58
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »

It is.

And XIV should be prepared.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-10-25 11:39:42
Link | Citer | R

This week i managed to systematically cut off 100~300g of all my lunches, and avoided a "dirty" meal too.

Goal is to lose 5kg total, if i cab reduce 500g/week, that should be about fine
By Pantafernando 2024-10-25 17:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Ys 1 seems the most random game so far.

At start, mobs are hard and gives barely any exp, seeming like unlikely things will go smoothly.

But then you get used to the combat system, mobs starts to be slayed down quickly, each level up gives a lot of strength, plus a couple of armor and barely anything is a danger at that point.

Then you move to a mine with harder mobs, and the exp earned goes from 2~8 exp/kill to 200~250 exp/kill so that in 2 or 3h, you are basically lv capped (lv10 is the cap so far). Plus a couple of gear bought then barely anything is remotely a danger again.

Till you find a vampire boss that damn... its a massive spike in difficulty over anything so far. Not only he deals a lot of dmg with almost perfect defense, takes little dmg with almost perfect attack, but he has a long window of invulnerability where he becomes dozens of bats that deal multiple dmg on touch, and the bats cover a lot of area in screen, making frustrating to evade for a long period of time.

Then randomly the boss becomes a vamp again, becoming vulnerable to dmg, but that window is like 1 sec top, then he goes back to the bats/invulnerability phase where we need to run away from those dozen bats.

Thats one of the most unexpected and frustrating bass Ive seen in a very long time.

As there is simply no room for character development anymore, the fight is purely a contest of endurance and focus while you slowly dish the dmg trying to take as little as possible
By Draylo 2024-10-26 02:14:40
Link | Citer | R

My updated FF9 display. I could see the airship being bigger but I think its ok, like its in the distance.

[+]
By Josiahafk 2024-10-26 06:54:54
Link | Citer | R

I've had "very evil opening" song stuck in my head all month, lol.

By Pantafernando 2024-10-26 07:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Im sorry for you then, because this was hard to watch.
By Afania 2024-10-26 08:23:40
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Thats one of the most unexpected and frustrating bass Ive seen in a very long time.

Well yeah, Ys1 isn't a "grind your level so you can win easily" arpg, it's more like levels in this game gate keep players from doing bosses with a fair match. Grinding allows players to do bosses with a more fair difficulty. but eventually you need to use skills to win because you can't grind level forever.

That being said, that vampire boss isn't anywhere close to being the hardest boss in game. The final boss is. that fight was insane, and I fought the final boss on my phone (I played the android version), which is even harder than using a controller. So the difficulty was VERY memorable to me years after lol.

Words can't describe the "ohh yeahh I finally wonnnnnnn!!!!" feel after it is beaten.

I think this is one of the first difficult retro action game that really gave me such good feel for winning. Before I got into even more difficult retro action games like megaman X/zero series, then eventually got addicted to finding more hard retro action games to play....

The level cap is removed in ys2 though, so I guess 2 is a better game for those who prefer to grind for higher stats for an easier time. I just prefer melee focused combat and ys1's skill based difficulty more.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-10-26 08:34:47
Link | Citer | R

i think i may have given up on FFXI, and play DQX online again the 6th expansion is now fully translated with DQX Clarity

2 days ago i did have a dream of a new FFXI expansion, with new graphics where you go to a new world and all the items and stuff cant be used like its a hard reset and you can fight HNMS for Stat bonuses lol, it was weird but I cried in my dreams when I logged in the graphics were mind blowing and Some ui changes as well.

Swear i remamber running around and some 1 sent me tell Yo wana join us kill some nms for some Base stats, i was like what? T.T
By Afania 2024-10-26 08:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Till you find a vampire boss that damn... its a massive spike in difficulty over anything so far. Not only he deals a lot of dmg with almost perfect defense, takes little dmg with almost perfect attack, but he has a long window of invulnerability where he becomes dozens of bats that deal multiple dmg on touch, and the bats cover a lot of area in screen, making frustrating to evade for a long period of time.

Some hints:

1) run in circles against the wall during bat form. But keep 2 character distance away from bats so you can quickly attack it when you can.

2) it has a unique sound effect when bats gathered. Use sound effect as a cue to attack. In hard action games I find it faster to react to sound instead of visuals.
By Pantafernando 2024-10-26 08:47:43
Link | Citer | R

Im just lost my touch to endurance fights.

Lately, as the fights drags on, my anxiety starts kicking, and I make not-forced mistakes.

Once I master my mind, I will give it a try again.
By Pantafernando 2024-10-26 08:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
i think i may have given up on FFXI, and play DQX online again the 6th expansion is now fully translated with DQX Clarity

2 days ago i did have a dream of a new FFXI expansion, with new graphics where you go to a new world and all the items and stuff cant be used like its a hard reset and you can fight HNMS for Stat bonuses lol, it was weird but I cried in my dreams when I logged in the graphics were mind blowing and Some ui changes as well.

Swear i remamber running around and some 1 sent me tell Yo wana join us kill some nms for some Base stats, i was like what? T.T

This feels like you were describing your wet dream
By Pantafernando 2024-10-26 08:50:24
Link | Citer | R

If it was mine, probably it would end up with some mithras inviting me to their mog house for some grinding overnight.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-10-26 09:05:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Thunderjet said: »

This feels like you were describing your wet dream

Bro it was insane in my dream i didint play ffxi for years and someone told me log in to ffxi right now and see what changed when i logged in it was like in a new whole new world with better graphics i started tearing up, but first i was glancing to what am looking is this real? XD
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-10-26 09:28:59
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
My updated FF9 display....
All the more impressive for being in a New York city apartment!!!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-26 09:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Someone needs to invent, or I need to find "reverse fixture/operation blinds"

Aka; they close up instead of down. So the top is open and the bottom is closed.
By Viciouss 2024-10-26 09:59:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Someone needs to invent, or I need to find "reverse fixture/operation blinds"

Aka; they close up instead of down. So the top is open and the bottom is closed.

Top Down Bottom Up Shades
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-26 10:26:42
Link | Citer | R

Yessir, those or similar
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-10-26 11:48:55
Link | Citer | R

Draylo's probably got the coolest mini's collection on earth.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-10-26 16:51:51
Link | Citer | R

Ok, after I managed to keep my mind in control, I controlled the bats like Neo evading the bullets and beat that sorry *** of a Vamp.

Only to find me in a dead end, and heading back to village to find more clues.

This game has some unlikely factor of triggering changes. Most games I ever played generally change the state after a cutscene (like watching a single cutscene change NPCs dialog, unlock paths, etc).

While in Ys 1, feels like the changes are more subtle and has many parallel triggers.

Kinda weird because you feel like youre progressing something when in fact youre just doing some random quest.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-26 17:16:00
Link | Citer | R

There's mini series that came out last week looks fun. That campy horror drama type thing, it's got Bruce Campbell.

Seems a bit like stranger things.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-26 17:24:46
Link | Citer | R

Double;

And Silo season 2 starts the 15th! Thought it was going to be super cliche but turned out to be so awesome I read all 10(3) books because of that first season. Can't wait to see what they do with the rest of it.
[+]
By Afania 2024-10-27 02:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Ok, after I managed to keep my mind in control, I controlled the bats like Neo evading the bullets and beat that sorry *** of a Vamp.

Only to find me in a dead end, and heading back to village to find more clues.

This game has some unlikely factor of triggering changes. Most games I ever played generally change the state after a cutscene (like watching a single cutscene change NPCs dialog, unlock paths, etc).

While in Ys 1, feels like the changes are more subtle and has many parallel triggers.

Kinda weird because you feel like youre progressing something when in fact youre just doing some random quest.

That's another reason why I liked this game, no hand holding. The world feels organic as if it's just there for you to explore. ;D
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-10-27 09:35:36
Link | Citer | R

Magic: The Gathering Reveals Final Fantasy Card Art

Sylph.Abdulhamid
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Abdulhamid 2024-10-27 10:30:06
Link | Citer | R

Dreaming of a world where Ilevel Warriors would use provoke and WHM's would use Dia
By Viciouss 2024-10-27 11:02:44
Link | Citer | R

That Kefka image really slaps.
First Page 2 3 ... 22726 22727 22728