Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22670 22671 22672 ... 22705 22706 22707
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-07 11:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
It reads as if he wrote it himself, trying to convince the world that he knows what he is doing.

Nearly all of your posts read as if you decide objective truth based on how well something aligns with your party, then make a halfass effort(if any) to rationalize it.
By Afania 2024-08-07 12:02:08
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Elon Musk isn't right wing, he is a businessman that understands some balance needs to be brought back.

Also....I've seen a lot of business person irl that will donate money to both sides(it benefits them), then quickly backstab the moment the government don't give them what they want.

Elon Musk can pretend to be "not right wing" on many issues, the moment you brought up tax rate, worker's union and wages, government regulation in the market etc he quickly shows right leaning he is.

Looking at his posts from the past he was pretty right leaning on all of the economic issues above. The only slightly left leaning stance that he has is that he said he supported UBI.

And I bet that's because no one has mentioned how much tax he needs to pay in order to make UBI functional. Tell him that 50% of tsla revenue will be taken away for UBI, I bet he won't support it anymore.
By Viciouss 2024-08-07 12:02:54
Link | Citer | R

Well, I couldn't get by the first sentence. He started teaching himself how to write code at the age of 10? Dude is in his fifties, he was writing code in 1980-something? Next thing you know, he is gonna take credit for inventing Pong.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-07 12:05:38
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
He started teaching himself how to write code at the age of 10?

I was teaching myself basics of mIRC scripting at 8, and my family was middle class at best. I don't see any reason to doubt he was able to get access to the learning materials he needed to begin the process at that age with the resources his family had.

The real issue is that you see something positive about someone you don't like and instantly assume it's false, even though you've made no effort to disprove it besides having a gut reaction against it.

It seems to be verifiable fact that he wrote the game 'Blastar' at age 12, and sold it to PC and Office Technology magazine for $500. If he was able to write a functioning game, no matter how basic, at age 12.. it seems a small jump to believe he began learning at age 10.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-07 12:09:29
Link | Citer | R

The UK wants to arrest people for posting clips of the riots online lol, and apparently wants to get Twitter banned cuz “misinformation”, but please go on about how Elon bad.

Im presuming thats the precursor to all this discourse, the ***thats goin down across the pond right now.
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-08-07 12:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I was teaching myself basics of mIRC scripting at 8

Ha, the first thing I wrote was a TCL script for Eggdrop. DALnet or EFnet or something else?

IRC was a wild place then. I was on DALnet until ~2008 or so.
[+]
By Zehira 2024-08-07 12:23:02
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
mIRC scripting

Oh man, I think that's the first language I learned many years ago as well.

mIRC, Dreamcast, and Phantasy Star Online!
By Pantafernando 2024-08-07 12:39:38
Link | Citer | R

I gave to my 7~8 years old nephews and my younger sister a copy of a book "Learning Python for kids".

Unfortunelly, i dont think my sister/father have enough intelligence to see the value of teaching something worth for children.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-07 12:41:55
Link | Citer | R

I would be the happiest to have learned it when kids.

Unfortunelly, i just had a programming class in my first year of mechanical university.

I was already 18, just learned the basic C and moved on with my course, before finally going full to CS school at 30
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-07 12:48:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Ha, the first thing I wrote was a TCL script for Eggdrop. DALnet or EFnet or something else?

IRC was a wild place then. I was on DALnet until ~2008 or so.

I spent some time on EFnet, but I wasn't really a huge IRC user.
I first downloaded it for MTGOnline(a community to facilitate magic:the gathering play online using Apprentice). I believe they had their own IRC server initially, maybe eventually moved to one of the major ones.

Initially got into the scripting to do silly react emotes and such. First real project was a bot to host a silly text-based chat game called 'wolf game' or 'w00f game' for the people in the channel.

Edit: Don't think it was actually called MTGOnline. Magic-league seems like the community I was thinking of, but might have been one rename before that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-07 13:04:33
Link | Citer | R

mIRC started as a counter strike scrim spot, turned into a gateway to piracy

Cal-i de_aztec 5v5 scrim our server

Good times man, goooood times
By Afania 2024-08-07 13:50:56
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Unfortunelly, i dont think my sister/father have enough intelligence to see the value of teaching something worth for children.

To be honest, I always feel programming requires very strong abstract thinking talent to learn easily. I learned JavaScript for the first time when I was 13-14 in a computer class, couldn't understand a thing. Ended up copied codes from textbook and completed a Tetris game for homework.....

Decades later I started learning C# as an adult, still couldn't understand the system, even though I feel my learning ability should have improved as an adult.....

I think the difficulty is that I can't grasp "abstract concept" since I am mostly a visual thinker. But programming is all about abstract concepts. It's tough to understand a concept if I can't see them visually.

It's perfectly understandable if kids find it difficult to learn at young age....
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-07 13:55:33
Link | Citer | R

In my opinion, kids are much more able and willing to learn things they are directly interested in. Everyone I know who successfully started programming or adjacent skills young found their way into it through a hobby, rather than just being told by a parent or teacher to do it.
By Afania 2024-08-07 14:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Hey, I was interested science and programming when I was a kid! Technology always feels like magic to me. Even these days I still wish I can understand "programming concepts" more easily. Would make my life easier by automating certain tasks this way.

I just find concepts not presented in images difficult to understand, and I tend to think visually. Which makes it tough to learn programming related concepts because programming concepts are totally abstract...
By Pantafernando 2024-08-07 14:29:34
Link | Citer | R

That book of learning Python for kids had an easier language for them to understando, and mostly easy codes with quick results, like calling a lib then presenting a short game.

At early stages, the best approach is to teach the oower of tools, and mainly that it exists.

After that point, either the kids gets more motivated to expand further on their own, or just keep that to learn easier later.

One absolute thing is that you need to know something exist, and not treat everything as a black box, too hard to understand
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-08-07 14:32:12
Link | Citer | R

This page

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-07 14:36:58
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
I just find concepts not presented in images difficult to understand,

Personally i think knowledge as building a wall.

You need to start with the entire base before it starts rising.

Most things i found particularly difficult to learn is either because there is some fundamental block im not aware of, or maybe because i didnt stress a previous block long enough.

Math, algebra and calculus is a prime example. I was really hard to understand it when the very first thing my teach tried to teach was to deduce the final equations.

Understanding math becomes easier if you take your time to stress the language used by mathematics, their jargons, mainly the motivations.

Like that video i shared in Random Plays where the teacher went to the very origin of science before teaching set theory.

It really opened my mind His words
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-08-07 15:23:31
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Josiah...

PLUG IT IN! PLUG IT IN!!
The rock tumbler or the tv?
THE TV! THE TV!!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-07 16:41:08
Link | Citer | R

Ive watched the first hour of FFXIII-2, and I guess I was correct for not trying it.

So far, not only its boring, but also weird seeing Serah walking with a hoe dress flirting with an unknown guy asking her to go with him.

I didnt peak the next parts, but it felt like Lightning hadfeelings for Snow, so Im not sure if the trilogy will retcon the Serah and Snow engagement.

Either way, i dont feel like watching the full longplay of it, i suppose I will simple look for a shorter analysis of the story, at most lasting 2h, instead of the 80 that is the longplay
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-07 17:44:41
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Elon Musk isn't right wing, he is a businessman that understands some balance needs to be brought back.
If you look at his tweets and likes you are correct, he isn't right wing, he's a full blown nazi.

As to coding... the first digital program I wrote was in native code for the 8080. Darn near went blind debugging it.

My first computer was analog, made of cardboard, power supply was a D cell battery. I bought it from an add in a comic book. The comic cost 10 cents, the dime was made of silver.

Not bragging, just staking my claim as the oldest geek here.
[+]
By Afania 2024-08-07 22:26:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
and apparently wants to get Twitter banned cuz “misinformation”, but please go on about how Elon bad.

Not saying other social media has no misinformation, but Twitter certainly has a lot of misinformation atm. I see it all the time.

Misinformation is not "balance" nor justice. Misinformation is misinformation, basically cancer in the society.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-07 22:59:53
Link | Citer | R

I guess you want the govt to be in charge of what is and isnt misinformation?

You must be a big fan of North Korea and Venezuela lol
By Pantafernando 2024-08-08 01:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Good morning you who are a nerd. Good morning you who are...

Well, I guess there is none else left.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-08 01:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Misinformation is not "balance" nor justice. Misinformation is misinformation, basically cancer in the society.

By Afania 2024-08-08 02:36:33
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I guess you want the govt to be in charge of what is and isnt misinformation?

You must be a big fan of North Korea and Venezuela lol

Except disinformation actually HURTS democracy and freedom of speech, while authoritarian countries often utilize it as a political tool.

In my country we actually have laws that punishes "disinformation", which is misinformation created purposely for harmful reasons.

And not only the law is made because people supported it and voted for it, but it is also supported by the UN.

https://www.un.org/en/countering-disinformation

Quote:
In his report, Countering disinformation for the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms

Countering disinformation is not a "north Korea" thing. It's a problem that every country needs to face and there are absolutely zero reason to defend for it from any angle.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-08 02:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Except disinformation actually HURTS democracy and freedom of speech, while authoritarian countries often utilize it as a political tool.

Are you even aware that you just can write things like this because someone dont aggree with you?

This is pretty much misinformation for me. Still, you can blatantly come here and says like this is a tabula rasa for society.
By Afania 2024-08-08 03:01:29
Link | Citer | R

Are you even aware that you just can write things like this because someone dont aggree with you?

This is pretty much misinformation for me. Still, you can blatantly come here and says like this is a tabula rasa for society.

Exactly what I wrote above is disinformation?

It's literally the same thing on the UN website, it is UN report that says disinformation hurts democracy. So are you going to argue that UN is disinformation?

If you want to discuss what kind of organization should be in charge of verifying disinformation, it is a legit discussion.

That's a different things to justify disinformation as a whole.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-08 03:06:28
Link | Citer | R

Exactly what I wrote above is disinformation?

Pretty much.

Every barely honest person would understand the problem isnt authoritarian countries using misinformation.

But they censoring anyone with different views.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-08 03:07:14
Link | Citer | R

What, no wonder, is exactly what someone who plays the card "misinformation must be prevented" want.
By Afania 2024-08-08 03:09:37
Link | Citer | R

If you don't believe in UN, here is one link from Harvard.

https://www.harvard.edu/in-focus/managing-misinformation/

Quote:
Only a few months ago, I would have settled for emphasizing that our democracy depends on facts and truth, and it surely does,”

So are you also going to say Harvard is spreading disinformation? Lol

"Disinformation can hurt democracy" is literally a consensus among many creditable organization. It's not something that I made up from an internet disagreement. That's a ridiculous claim lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 22670 22671 22672 ... 22705 22706 22707