Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22649 22650 22651 ... 22705 22706 22707
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-16 08:20:33
Link | Citer | R

Yea, the details are really what make it embarassing. I don't think it's possible to keep someone completely safe out in the open like that, an assassin with sufficient skill and dedication will eventually find and exploit an opening. They only need to succeed once, the SS has to succeed every time.

But, that's not what happened. Some loser with no experience took a shot from one of the best vantage points at a range any professional could've hit from. What are they even being paid for if they missed that?
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-16 08:56:30
Link | Citer | R

"The president said something to the effect of 'I don't care if they have weapons. They're not here to hurt me. Take the *** mags away."

Reap what you sow.
By RadialArcana 2024-07-16 09:03:31
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

I love this so much, JP modeller made it. Really brings his character to life.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-16 09:18:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean look, don't attribute malice to anything that can be explained by incompetence, but god damn.

The Secret Service is like the only institution I had even a modicum of faith in anymore that they're above this level of retardation.

If they failed that spectacularly, there is nothing left.
I suppose you are too young to know about nearly all the conspiracy theories around the JFK assassination. A common thread in almost every one is that the secret service was complicit.

In this instance it seems that incompetence is the correct assumption.
[+]
By Afania 2024-07-16 09:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
my first impression upon seeing the image of him with the bloody ear in front of the flag was: Damn, this guy's really committed to his campaign to trust someone to shoot that close to him.

My first impression was that it can't be fake if the bullet aim at ear/head. You have to be completely mental to let people shoot a bullet this close to hitting your head when you are winning. It's risking life for very little gain.

But I guess that shows how intense this this election is, to the point that people would think even behavior this mental is even possible to happen.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-16 09:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Immediate reaction was there was no bullets in the first place. Overacting and some hollywood blood.

Then find out there were bodies hit by bullets, but still there's no way you miss a target that big.

Then you find out the kid was a comically bad shot.

As information comes out, the situation changes.

Now sources say (and video) that the sniper was seen AND CONFRONTED up to 3 minutes before shooting and countersniper was ordered not to engage.

It's an evolving story.
By RadialArcana 2024-07-16 09:47:13
Link | Citer | R

The most obvious explanation is simply that if you do something enough complacency sets in, there is exactly zero chance this was staged. They probably did an amazing job for the past 8? years but simply got lazy cause nothing ever happened.

The CIA, FBI, Secret Service leadership and current Government hate Trump and if he tried to set something up they would destroy him for it, and everyone knows it.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-16 10:27:08
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-07-16 10:33:05
Link | Citer | R

this savage tier is gonna be FUN
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-16 10:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
nah man anything that takes too much energy for a video game is not fun, FFXIV Savages has been exaughsting from shadow bringers and onwards remamber in endwalker P4s made me quit it was def to much or maybe I am getting to old for it
By Afania 2024-07-16 11:37:25
Link | Citer | R

Immediate reaction was there was no bullets in the first place. Overacting and some hollywood blood.

So you think Trump can just hire a guy that made some gun noise with an air rifle there, then somehow got away from any subsequent investigations?

He is a candidate that may win the next election not a nobody, it will be a big deal. his haters WILL demand an answer and FBI will investigate.

If Trump is the current president controlling the government then it is at least be doable. But he doesn't have the power to control FBI nor left wing media atm, it will be near impossible to hide all of these plans without a real bullet.

You have to be extremely biased towards his character and political scenes to think that's possible lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-07-16 11:42:12
Link | Citer | R

Make America Get Aim
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-16 12:10:26
Link | Citer | R

Then find out there were bodies hit by bullets, but still there's no way you miss a target that big.

Now sources say (and video) that the sniper was seen AND CONFRONTED up to 3 minutes before shooting and countersniper was ordered not to engage.

It's an evolving story.

In all these 'almost' situations seen over the past 40 years, the only frustration I have is the habit now formed where shooters, attempted or successful, never survive capture, resulting in their narrative is now in complete control of their opposition.

Otherwise...I really wish we could just all agree anyone on either side who thinks Saturday's events were helpful is in idiot and not helping anyone. In any scenario or combination or side...its just another step towards chaos and doesn't deserve our attention.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-16 12:46:56
Link | Citer | R

It's an evolving story.
Yep.

RadialArcana said: »
The CIA, FBI, Secret Service leadership and current Government hate Trump and if he tried to set something up they would destroy him for it, and everyone knows it.
Stick with MI5 & 6 please.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I am happy you like it. Please don't invite me.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-07-16 12:47:19
Link | Citer | R

I am sure this event would have been an interesting topic for P+R
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-16 12:53:18
Link | Citer | R

My initial assessment was that this member of the well regulated militia wanted to go out in a blaze of notoriety and it was a good thing that schools were not in session.

After learning that he was a registered republican who had Trump yard signs planted in his yard this seems more and more likely.

The concept that we are living inside a computer simulation also seems more and more likely.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-16 12:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Stick with MI5 & 6 please.

Unfortunelly I only watched up till the second movie.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-07-16 13:00:33
Link | Citer | R

My initial assessment was that this member of the well regulated militia wanted to go out in a blaze of notoriety and it was a good thing that schools were not in session.

After learning that he was a registered republican who had Trump yard signs planted in his yard this seems more and more likely.

The concept that we are living inside a computer simulation also seems more and more likely.

For all we know he suffered a mental break and believed Trump had been replaced with an alien reptile and felt he needed to take action.

I don't think there will ever be a conclusion to the story that will satisfy the masses.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-16 13:12:19
Link | Citer | R

Its why I've always been of the belief that these 'psychos' should be taken alive by any means necessary and let talk....rather than taken down in a blaze of glory during apprehension. Such results always mean that their psychosis can be used by anyone as they see fit, to bolster any cause they make it fit.

I believe if we let the crazies expose their own insanity, it reduces the glamorization.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-07-16 13:14:46
Link | Citer | R

It's an evolving story.

I was questioning what was actually going on only because it appeared as if he had been hit from behind. That was weird to me, it's still weird tbh. Up on a stage with bleachers behind him, how did he get shot from behind? So I was questioning the story of a shooter, it seemed as if someone tossed something at him from the back rows. Of course that only lasted for an hour, that's what happens when you watch something unfold live. An hour later, we knew someone had taken a shot at him.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-07-16 13:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »

Just put it in Horizon, that's the closest thing to the P&R shitshow that once was
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-16 13:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Fenrir.Niflheim said: »

Just put it in Horizon, that's the closest thing to the P&R shitshow that once was

nah- P&R's shitshow was a post-Thanksgiving, high protein, dense and well-formed turd shitshow. Horizon is explosive diarrhea.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-16 13:38:44
Link | Citer | R

On another note.....sweet jesus what did Fergie do to the Anthem last night?

You'd think after her assault on it during the 2018 NBA All-Star game she would have been blacklisted from doing it again.
By Viciouss 2024-07-16 14:19:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
On another note.....sweet jesus what did Fergie do to the Anthem last night?

You'd think after her assault on it during the 2018 NBA All-Star game she would have been blacklisted from doing it again.

Wasn't Fergie. Completely different person that no one has ever heard of. Until now.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-16 14:39:07
Link | Citer | R

Oh my god, well:
Quote:
"I was drunk last night. I'm checking myself into a facility today to get the help I need.

Hit rock bottom on live tv
By RadialArcana 2024-07-16 14:46:19
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Investigators were scouring his online presence and working to gain access to his phone, but so far had not found indications of strongly held political beliefs. In fact, the clues he left behind were confusing: He was a registered Republican but had also donated to a progressive cause in 2021; his parents were registered as a Democrat and Libertarian.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/14/us/politics/trump-gunman-thomas-crooks.html

Quote:
In all these 'almost' situations seen over the past 40 years, the only frustration I have is the habit now formed where shooters, attempted or successful, never survive capture, resulting in their narrative is now in complete control of their opposition.

Snipers stand watch over these things, their job is to take a kill shot within seconds of the person firing once they see the muzzle flash. They also have tech to triangulate the shooter.

If someone does this, they are ended seconds later. The snipers hit him with 3 rounds 2 seconds after he fired his, and they all hit.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-07-16 18:39:48
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-16 18:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Is that in Raccoon City?
By Draylo 2024-07-16 19:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Oh my god, well:
Quote:
"I was drunk last night. I'm checking myself into a facility today to get the help I need.

Hit rock bottom on live tv

Wow I just watched it... Fergie is now relieved to not be the worst.
By Seun 2024-07-16 20:36:05
Link | Citer | R

Whitney anthem best anthem. RIP
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22649 22650 22651 ... 22705 22706 22707