Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22625 22626 22627 22628
By Viciouss 2024-06-14 19:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Ah yes
The ol “its just a joke”, as effective as “its just a prank, bro”

If it's not effective, why cut it out of the video then? It's a 25 minute video, and he shares the 20 seconds that fits his conspiracies and immediately ends the clip right before it would provide context. Like I said, fake as hell. Just like the Chinese tweet about some extortion that didn't happen.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-14 20:03:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
We need some RAWR XD up in here.

[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-06-14 20:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Caught up on the Dawntrail live letter stuff. Already had an idea what to expect going in,
Between Viper's fighting style, "Solution 9" and it's "supply", the preorder bonuses, and now the new Heritage Found location and the new housing exterior, the FFIX vibes are so high I'm half expecting them to just announce that the FFIX Remake will take place entirely within XIV.
Or I would if the Epic DB leak didn't already confirm it as a seperate game.

And the new face accessories system is exactly what I was hoping for; I will never take off Hancock's sunglasses! And the new parasols/minions/mounts all look great. The trial bosses wings being the new ex mount reward looks so cool too. (y'w')y

EDIT: Completely forgot something else; the Arcadion is *** awesome! The music sounded great, the arena looks rad, and the fact that it's voice acted with commentators narrating the fight is exactly what I wanted from a tournament arc! @w@ /edit

Asura.Chuuuuu said: »
Ready for Dawntrail! Probably will be a hrothgal for a bit
Finally, it'll be easier to spot you in the crowds! :O

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Question: is there any lore on the 2 headed mamool ja?
They're rare and are considered "blessed" and raised for leadership. That's about all I remember.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-14 20:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Leon Kasai said: »
They're rare and are considered "blessed" and raised for leadership. That's about all I remember.

just brought this guy to the mcdonalds drive thru and they said he couldnt have a happy meal

[+]
By Viciouss 2024-06-14 22:59:49
Link | Citer | R

I hope Dawntrail succeeds and provides a fresh start to a better storyline. Didn't like Shadowbringers at all and didn't even play Endwalker as a result.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-15 01:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Good morning FFXI players. Also good morning FFXIV players.

Not being xenophobic here but I think we need to build a wall between our worlds

And you gonna pay for it
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-06-15 05:18:09
Link | Citer | R

guys still cant see ws's from mobs just casting
By Pantafernando 2024-06-15 06:20:04
Link | Citer | R

Dang... the cat pic was too good to let it pass...

[+]
By Josiahafk 2024-06-15 06:53:54
Link | Citer | R

lmao manitobers
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-06-15 06:56:57
Link | Citer | R

Weibo is just Chinese Twitter, innit?
do you have access to our metrics? Speaking of indoors, I'm curious whose the top 10 posters by count on here now that we're ~20 years in lol

I am guessing top 10 probably has at least 5 people who stopped posting years ago still
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-15 07:02:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-15 08:13:29
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
do you have access to our metrics? Speaking of indoors, I'm curious whose the top 10 posters by count on here now that we're ~20 years in lol

I am guessing top 10 probably has at least 5 people who stopped posting years ago still
Probably still Ludoggy and his 32k posts or whatever.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-15 09:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Gonna go crazy from this commute. I have to keep it up until at least June 30th because that's when I finally get PTO out of this damned company. Supposed to have had PTO from them once a year since 2019, but corporate is run by a buncha penny pinching asshats, and they never approved it year after year.

Anyway, almost an hour commute for peanuts, and I gotta deal with people's pettiness whenever it's morning shift.

Example:

Guest#1
"Ugh, I paid so much to stay here and I can't even get breakfast! She's taking breakfast down early! It's supposed to end at 9:30!!!!!!!!!! She can't do this! I sent my son down just a minute before, and he couldn't get WAFFLES!!!!! I HAVE TO HAVE WAFFLES!!!!!!"

*looks at clock* (It's 9:41) "What time did your son get down here ma'am?"

"With plenty of time to make a waffle before 9:30!!!!!" (They literally weren't in the lobby until after 9:30)

So I get the waffle mix back out to placate this idjit. And of course, she's still gonna rate us bad and gonna try to cop a refund because she couldn't make breakfast hours.

Guest#2
"Is the room next to mine available until Tuesday?"
"It's down for maintenance due to a toilet issue."
"When will that be fixed? I want to move my daughter's family into it."
"Just as soon as maintenance can fix it. It's not a simple problem sir."
"Well, my daughter stripped her beds in the other room she's in and found blood-like stains on the inside of the bed skirt and we're starting to get disgusted by this place!"
"Bloodstains on the inside of the bed skirt sir?"
"Yeah, we know it's blood cause she's a nurse and she soaked the skirt and put some peroxide on it. WE KNOW IT'S BLOOD!"
"Alright sir, sorry about that, we'll have it changed or move her to a different room."
"Well I'd like her in the one next to mine."
"It's down for maintenance sir."
"BLOOD ON THE BED SKIRT!!!!!!!" *a pause* "I guess it'd be more inconvenient for her to have to move all of her stuff, so just send someone to remove the bedskirt."

Like I'll probably partially refund the second guest's rooms, but I always get a little irritated by guests who go looking for dirt and find dirt. Like one other time this dude kept stripping every single bed room I put him in. Took 3 rooms til he was finally satisfied by not finding things under the box springs and frame and such. We deep clean like twice a year, so sometimes there's still a lot of junk if there's been a lot of big wild groups in the hotel. And you will find it if you're literally turning rooms upside down and making them unsellable. You'd think these folks would be auditors/quality assurance, but nah, auditors are more chill even.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-15 11:49:06
Link | Citer | R

Damn Vyre. This actually gave me PTSD.

/comfort
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-15 12:44:34
Link | Citer | R

1h isnt terribly long tbf.

My current work added extra 15 mins of commute from my previous one, for a total of 35m. Of which maybe 20m traveling by subway (standing) and 15m walking.

Though, last work the road back home was walking for a total of 1h, because i dont mind walking.

First 3 weeks at this work had 30mins commute by company bus, what was good enough to read one chapter without worried. Sybway trip is shorter but more insecure to grab my (old) ipad to read my book. And reading it on my phone will quickly destroy my eyes
By Pantafernando 2024-06-15 12:46:11
Link | Citer | R

Most of the time commuting though, i spend shitposting in ffxiah
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-15 12:59:48
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
1h isnt terribly long tbf.

My current work added extra 15 mins of commute from my previous one, for a total of 35m. Of which maybe 20m traveling by subway (standing) and 15m walking.

Though, last work the road back home was walking for a total of 1h, because i dont mind walking.

First 3 weeks at this work had 30mins commute by company bus, what was good enough to read one chapter without worried. Sybway trip is shorter but more insecure to grab my (old) ipad to read my book. And reading it on my phone will quickly destroy my eyes
It is when you're driving and it's your gas you're spending :)

On another note I'm clocking out at 3 today weeeeee
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-15 13:03:39
Link | Citer | R

It will never makes sense when people drive 30+ minutes to work. It's just stupid, always will be, no matter how you justify it.

Thats just years of your life you don't get a refund on.

If they're paying you stupid amounts of money to counteract the stupidity of the drive, that's different.

We're all *** for money, just get paid enough to make it worth it. If you're driving 60 miles to make 50 bucks, the *** are you doing.

(It "makes sense" capitalism thrives on desperation)
By Draylo 2024-06-15 13:25:12
Link | Citer | R

The cool kids don't have post counts
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-15 13:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

The cool kids don't have post counts
Yours is about 23000.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-15 13:41:11
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

The cool kids don't have show post counts
Anyone can see it, you can only opt out of showing it in thread.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-06-15 13:47:36
Link | Citer | R

Gonna go crazy from this commute. I have to keep it up until at least June 30th because that's when I finally get PTO out of this damned company. Supposed to have had PTO from them once a year since 2019, but corporate is run by a buncha penny pinching asshats, and they never approved it year after year.
I used to commute about 1 1/4 hours to SCHOOL. But it was 10 mins bike, then a train, then a subway with some walking in between and it wasn't at all bad by New York city commute averages in the mid century. I can read on trains and cars.

As for the PTO ... well how committed are you to the job? If its iffy tell them PTO stands for prepare the others and the question is not when you are taking off but if you are returning to the job afterwards.

I would also check the regulations of your state's dept. of labor or whatever its called there. (In WA its labor and industry.) But I offer little hope to the PTO part as IIRC you are in some labor shithole state like GA or FL but check anyway for mandated break, lunch, and overtime requirements.

At the very least you can usually get them to cash the PTO out. You might have to quit to do it but it sounds like no great loss.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2024-06-15 13:53:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It will never makes sense when people drive 30+ minutes to work. It's just stupid, always will be, no matter how you justify it.
Sometimes you just can't land a job closer. Not much you can do about it and man, do the bills keep piling up.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-06-15 14:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Given the choice of living closer to work or in a better school district for your kids, I think most people choose the longer commute.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-15 14:12:43
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
IIRC you are in some labor shithole state like GA or FL
DAMN! Chanti gonna compare us to FL! That's harsh
[+]
By Jetackuu 2024-06-15 14:25:31
Link | Citer | R

a commute more than 15 minutes sucks but you're lucky if you can get it under 30

I know a lot of people that commute 1-2 hours a day each way.

I got lucky on my latest thing and have less than a 30 minute drive but that is not the norm around here.
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-15 14:30:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Thats just years of your life you don't get a refund on.

If it is driving for 30 min it may suck. But if it is taking metro/subway for 30 min it's kinda....fine?

I like how I am able to read or think for 30 min taking a train or something. Sometime it is kind of "forced downtime" people need in life.

When I work at home I don't get this kind of forced downtime, honestly it feels worse as there are no barrier between work and not-work anymore.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-15 20:04:35
Link | Citer | R

pulled the trigger
[+]
By jubes 2024-06-15 20:13:26
Link | Citer | R

[+]