Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22623 22624 22625 ... 22626 22627 22628
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-13 16:27:33
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
we will spend trillions of tax payer money on "natural alternatives" that just will not work outside of a few locations (and we know they won't) for a nationwide population

Yeah...how could anyone mistake discussion of how politicians should spend taxpayer money as a discussion of politics? It's ridiculous!

Side note: it seems the UK government spends tens of billions on fossil fuel subsidies.

You state that they're spending trillions on solar panels, where's the source on that? All I can find is some small program to buy solar panels for homeowners.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-13 17:40:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Finally spent 15 mins setting up Sunshine and Moonlight for AV1 streaming from PC to Steam Deck
Moonlight is *** goated.

Theres an issue with ultra wide monitors though, as most people will likely be streaming to a screen that outputs 16:9 resolution, and the 21:9 will look very awkward. Theres a tool you can use to auto-adjust your resolution when you remote in. However, it hasnt worked as expected for me. I have to remote in, re-load the program, then moonlight in a second time for it to kick in (I might need updates)

https://github.com/hansschmucker/NVStreamer1080
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-06-13 18:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
we will spend trillions of tax payer money on "natural alternatives" that just will not work outside of a few locations (and we know they won't) for a nationwide population

Yeah...how could anyone mistake discussion of how politicians should spend taxpayer money as a discussion of politics? It's ridiculous!

Side note: it seems the UK government spends tens of billions on fossil fuel subsidies.

You state that they're spending trillions on solar panels, where's the source on that? All I can find is some small program to buy solar panels for homeowners.

Are you new here or something?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-13 18:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Finally spent 15 mins setting up Sunshine and Moonlight for AV1 streaming from PC to Steam Deck
Moonlight is *** goated.

Theres an issue with ultra wide monitors though, as most people will likely be streaming to a screen that outputs 16:9 resolution, and the 21:9 will look very awkward. Theres a tool you can use to auto-adjust your resolution when you remote in. However, it hasnt worked as expected for me. I have to remote in, re-load the program, then moonlight in a second time for it to kick in (I might need updates)

https://github.com/hansschmucker/NVStreamer1080

I've just been manually changing game res to a 16:9 one and it has been working alright but this might be easier

Thinking about also just getting one of these and streaming to a virtual display to avoid having to change resolution on the main one
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-13 19:26:34
Link | Citer | R

Josiahafk said: »
I did not expect Gas to be so vastly ahead in Europe and then wind as almost second place, wow. I would have assumed Nuclear was a far higher percentage than it is.

but knowing that, the below makes more sense. wind is far cheaper than nuclear is.

Have at you!

[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-13 20:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

Are you new here or something?

No, I know he's an angry shitposter who has catastrophically shitty takes on almost everything in society, but it feels like every time he spouts *** and everyone ignores him he's taking a victory lap, so I like to try to point out how wrong he is whenever he provides the opportunity (which is frequent)
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-06-13 20:38:37
Link | Citer | R

Okay, carry on then!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-14 01:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Good morning you who enter AMAN trove and just go straight to the Terminal Coffer. Good morning you who open chests till the first Loud Thud. And good morning you who just give up at the last chest because risks are made to be ignored.

Oh, look, a rainbow chests just poped!

Dang, its only a BST voidtorso.
By Pantafernando 2024-06-14 01:37:01
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Josiahafk said: »
I did not expect Gas to be so vastly ahead in Europe and then wind as almost second place, wow. I would have assumed Nuclear was a far higher percentage than it is.

but knowing that, the below makes more sense. wind is far cheaper than nuclear is.

Have at you!

Why are you nerds being so trendy like that?
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-06-14 04:20:12
Link | Citer | R

guys is the Besiged now 99*
By Afania 2024-06-14 05:44:07
Link | Citer | R

No, I know he's an angry shitposter who has catastrophically shitty takes on almost everything in society

Speaking of hatred in the society, here are some fun reads. sometime ago I learned a theory called Mathew Effect.

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_effect

Basically, it is a theory that an entity who has large amount of resources will accumulate even more resources over time. Which is the main cause of inequality in the society, as rich(resourceful) people gets even more rich(resourceful) and vice versa.

For example, in my country a lot of CEO in certain corporation are ex-government officials because they can "open doors" to the government for more business opportunity. And to a business an individual that can open doors to more business opportunity are way more valuable that average skilled worker exchanging their (mostly replaceable) skills for money.

So if one person has a lot of valuable connection (resources), they can quickly climb up in social hierarchy than those who doesn't have anything.

This is also why some researchers found that similar level of inequality exists in every social system and regions across all of human history. Even if all the resources are equally divided to everyone on the planet, after a few decades resources will go to small amount of people again.

I frequently read about mega Corp/capitalism hate on the internet. I think they are hating the wrong thing. It is never capitalism nor mega Corp that caused inequality. It is Mathew Effect causing it.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-06-14 05:54:18
Link | Citer | R

ff9 remake Confirmed even Yoshi p on xiv live letter did not deny it lol and ff tactics
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-14 09:02:05
Link | Citer | R

https://x.com/Pirat_Nation/status/1801457411305210241

Now remember guys, DEI is very good and very important, so you need to pay us $7 million dollars to make your game ***and if you don't we will get every media outlet to slander you until your company is ruined, so pay the money. We support DEI so we are the good guys.

I believe theres another word for this. Extortion? Racketeering?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-06-14 09:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Why are you nerds being so trendy like that?
They aren't being trendy they are being nerdy.

As this board is full of nerds* this is to be expected.

*Myself included of course.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-06-14 09:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Now remember guys, DEI is very good and very important, so you need to pay us $7 million dollars to make your game ***and if you don't we will get every media outlet to slander you until your company is ruined, so pay the money. We support DEI so we are the good guys.

How about fake?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-14 10:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Yup, must be fake, because they're the good guys, they would never make up lies about companies that refuse their consultation.

https://x.com/GamesNosh/status/1764802262017183761

Oh wait, its right out of their playbook, as spoken from the CEO Kim Belair.
"If you're creative working in AAA, which I did for many many years, um, put this stuff to your higher-ups, and if they don't see the value in what you're asking for when you ask for consultants, when you ask for research, go have a coffee with your marketing team and just terrify them with the possibility of whats gonna happen if they don't give you what they want"
By Viciouss 2024-06-14 10:30:52
Link | Citer | R

Yep, that looks fake as hell too. That's the great thing about Twitter, one random dude can just post whatever they want, put whatever made up spin on something they want, and call it real. Even if its not.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-14 11:08:49
Link | Citer | R

Let me just quote this so you cant delete it
Viciouss said: »
Yep, that looks fake as hell too. That's the great thing about Twitter, one random dude can just post whatever they want, put whatever made up spin on something they want, and call it real. Even if its not.

There we go.
So I guess the official video posted on the GDC youtube channel is fake too. Just skip to the 25 minute mark for the very fake AI edited clip that is hosted on the GDC channel.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-06-14 11:38:16
Link | Citer | R

guys i have doen something in game with settings i can not see the boss spell names on CHAT LOG!!! i need HELP i need it for AITA
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-14 11:55:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
guys i have doen something in game with settings i can not see the boss spell names on CHAT LOG!!! i need HELP i need it for AITA
Press alt + F4
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-06-14 12:00:22
Link | Citer | R

Press alt + F4
no plz help am not kidding
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-14 12:02:44
Link | Citer | R

Press alt + F4
Only thing I know of would be in chat settings?
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-06-14 12:17:14
Link | Citer | R

Press alt + F4
Only thing I know of would be in chat settings?
tried chat tried effect still not working
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-14 12:17:37
Link | Citer | R

There are chat filters for opponent's actions including spells. This would exclude the entire line though. Should be very, very, very easy to test.

If it's an addon, I have no idea what you *** up
By Afania 2024-06-14 12:51:30
Link | Citer | R

The original post came from weibo, which is pretty much home base of extreme anti-woke and racism and Chinese victim complex to begin with.

I wouldn't trust any post from it unless there is a strong evidence to support the claim.

Also saying the weibo post has high chance of being fake is not the same thing as denying the existence of DEI's effect. Any anti-woke post has a high chance to gain traffic atm, it is entirely possible that people randomly post fake ***for traffic just to put fuel in the fire.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-14 13:23:11
Link | Citer | R

I wear my tin foil hat with pride and chuckle when they end up being untrue.

But *** drop dead laughing when they have merit.

back to important matters....

I asked for 2 bagels with cream cheese but they messed up and got me 2 bacon egg and cheese instead. they charged me for cream cheese which was cheaper so this was a win.

I gave the other sandwich to this new kid at the job and he looked at me like I solved the murder of his father.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-14 13:28:23
Link | Citer | R

Trying Queso ruffles today. They're OK.

Down to 964 JP remaining for Oboro grind to augment Ragnarok. I can get like 370 more JP this week, so next week, theoretically.

47k more Galli to go 5/5 on WAR Empyrean armor.

Still wondering where J-Hesi is.

Can't really tell if Gyudon is out doing ATK food on Ghost Locus Crabs for me. Leading me to wonder if food is doing anything for me at all. Paranoia has me opting back into Rabbit Pie cause you can't go wrong with hybrid foods, right?

Gonna hit ML32 on WAR by the time Oboro grind is finished, so that's the area-ish that a REMA 10k JP gets ya to, grind wise, it seems. I need to make friends some how and do Peach Power. This grind is unreal!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-14 13:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
The original post came from weibo, which is pretty much home base of extreme anti-woke and racism and Chinese victim complex to begin with.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-14 13:33:39
Link | Citer | R

Weibo is just Chinese Twitter, innit?
First Page 2 3 ... 22623 22624 22625 ... 22626 22627 22628