Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22616 22617 22618 ... 22637 22638 22639
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-06 22:34:47
Link | Citer | R

john mccain
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-06 22:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Wordspoken said: »
Why are ya'll turning RT into P&R thread? can you guys...not?
I know it seems heavy and hostile, but these posts are actually all just declarations of infatuation. Particularly the ones between Viciouss and Radial, though it seems Radial is smitten with Afania.

It's like a soap opera, but with more sweat and keyboards involved.

Just a buncha this guy

Thinking they're this guy in their interactions:

God I can't wait for Shadow of The Erdtree.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-06 23:03:54
Link | Citer | R

I have no qualms with this turning into a PR thread. Of course am a fellow Puerto rican. Racists I tell yah...

My Big titty Goth girl is ready to take on whatever's in that Erdtree.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-07 00:35:13
Link | Citer | R

Good morning you who love. Good morning you who hate.

And also good morning you who love to hate.

Love is always the answer I guess?...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-07 00:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

This dude doesnt have my finesse.

But I guess, my style isnt for anyone
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-07 00:41:41
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-07 04:22:55
Link | Citer | R

I just watched an interesting ad.

Imagine two couple playing a game when the first woman says: "So, what about switching the couples?"

And the second one agrees. But the problem is that she doesnt just agree. She enthusiastically agree with it. Not only that, but she asks if the swap is for a night, for a week, for life

Then the first woman says: "uh... its for this match only..."

Embarassed, the guy says: "well... i dont like this game"
By Pantafernando 2024-06-07 08:25:26
Link | Citer | R

Interesting quote

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-07 08:27:55
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Pantafernando said: »

Me and my wife after we eat at IHOP.
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-07 08:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
The problem is big corpo's artists started on photoshop when it was a single payment for a license. It eventually moved to SaaS modeling and instead of saying "*** you Adobe" and their artists moving to other software, they just bit the bullet since its what their artists were used to using.

I asked one of our partner companies what their plan in regards to Broadcom buying VMWare is, and they pretty much said "were too neck deep in VMWare, we have to eat the changes until we can find something were comfortable changing to".

The problem with this license usage adjustment is that a lot of big corpos have NDA agreements with clients. This whole "we can see your stuff and analyze and do whatever we want with it" violates those NDA's. Now these big corpos are either risking their clients
realizing they're violating the NDA, or bite the bullet and find new software to work with.

Photoshop replacement already exists. Affinity photo is cheap and Krita is open source. There is also Clip Studio Paint for painting.

Of course none of above has 100% of the function of Photoshop, more like 90%. but considering how huge the price difference is and now Adobe ToS has NDA risk I personally think Photoshop is no longer worth it.

The only reason why Photoshop is still being used frequently is because many studios still use it. If you want to get outsource work from those studios then you need the same software to avoid file capability problems.

As soon as more studios ditch Photoshop like how they ditched 3ds Max for Blender years ago Adobe would probably die.
By Afania 2024-06-07 09:03:37
Link | Citer | R

On a side note, sometime ago I tried to install a legal copy of Photoshop from disc, which I paid for decade ago, only to find out it is impossible to activate the software anymore. Apparently Adobe has been forcing users to move to subscription service as some of their older activation server no longer works.

That's probably one of very few situation that I feel like I may want to pirate Photoshop only because I want to use a legal copy of software that I paid a lot of money for.

In the end I move to Photoshop alternatives instead. That and Adobe ToS change pretty much made me put Adobe products on "don't use" list.

tl;dr: Adobe bad bad bad. ;(
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-06-07 09:19:04
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Apparently Adobe has been forcing users to move to subscription service as their activation server no longer works.

It is actually not that uncommon, my company still critically depends on a compiler from a company that has been bought and sold 6 times since we bought the compiler the server to activate the installation is long gone so we are stuck keeping a 25 year old machine alive using a retired employees login to access this critical piece of software.

It is one thing when it happens in a personal setting, but in a corporate setting the powers that be should have been preparing for this outcome. (though the retired programmer probably holds most of the blame for not informing or likely knowing of the issue)
[+]
By Dodik 2024-06-07 09:34:34
Link | Citer | R

That's probably one of very few situation that I feel like I may want to pirate Photoshop only because I want to use a legal copy of software that I paid a lot of money for.

Whoa there. Where are your morals.

Think of all the poor programmers that won't get paid when you don't rebuy stuff you already bought.

Don't you want to buy Adobe a coffee?

/s
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-07 09:41:25
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »

Whoa there. Where are your morals.

Think of all the poor programmers that won't get paid when you don't rebuy stuff you already bought.

Don't you want to buy Adobe a coffee?

/s

My moral is still here, I moved to a different paid software instead of pirating. Now those non-Adobe programmers got paid! :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-07 10:04:46
Link | Citer | R

I haven't spent a cent on this AI ***but are people really just dunking down money on this?

LLM and Stable diffusion are amazing and free. Like why?

[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-06-07 10:14:30
Link | Citer | R

What we spend on AI tools at companies internally for arguably no clear goal is actually insane. I have no idea how the execs who would not buy me a damn pencil because it cost money got so thoroughly fleeced into a blank check with no ROI
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-07 10:18:10
Link | Citer | R

We use freshdesk - has a AI tool so the kids who slept through english class don't look like they got a GED
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-07 11:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Im being a shitty incel here, but I feel the stakes for human relationship at work is higher than whats worth.

You never know what offend the other. And doesnt take a lot to completely destroy ones carreer.

I completely avoided joining any whatsapp group, and have been keeping my distance.

I will interact only with my direct team, obviously being the most respectful, but dont ask me to be friends.

Im not that fun anyway. Youre better off never interscting more than necessary with me
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-07 11:46:33
Link | Citer | R

My problem is that I'm an introvert until I am with others. I get that energy feed on it and utilize it like some charlie sheen ***.

honestly, I wing almost all my work interactions. Somehow this got me to become the tech manager of the place.

I don't drink liquor which seems to be the drug of choice for most of my co-workers. I only smoke weed and I do it only after work or on weekends.

Being married with a kid also allows me to be like "I'm going home to my kid" so I skip most of the after-work shenanigans
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-06-07 12:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Maybe it's just me but I've found most work friends kindof vanish the moment you move somewhere else or quit. I keep in touch with some of them but for a lot of the people I was close with at work, the moment I left the relationship fizzed out.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-06-07 12:41:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Maybe it's just me but I've found most work friends kindof vanish the moment you move somewhere else or quit. I keep in touch with some of them but for a lot of the people I was close with at work, the moment I left the relationship fizzed out.
Same with most friends of proximity, whether its out in the work force or during your school. Sometime the only sustaining force in the relationship is that constant proximity.

For me though, I never consider people I work with as "friends". We might get along fine and have some laughs but I just don't see myself communicating with them after they or I leave the company.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-07 12:55:56
Link | Citer | R

https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/simple
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-07 14:08:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »

I have at least one whatsapp group with friends from university and another from my first job.

While obviously the friendship cooled down a lot, I still post some neme or some commentary once in a while.

Maybe its something related to humam brain, but i think is natural any relationship be based on proximity. People tend to forget people whos far and nothing wrong with that: if there wasnt such capacity to move on, we would be forever in sorrow for the lost of someone important.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-07 15:03:51
Link | Citer | R

I got invited to a random work conference call at 2:45
I “missed it” and didnt join
I got another request to join at 315 which i missed cuz i left for the gym at 3, work hours end at 3 the earliest (we have a variable schedule, with mandatory work hours)
Its 4pm and the call is still ongoing

Its friday
What the *** are they doing???

Update:
The 3hour 23 minute call ended at 4:07
Lol@ thinking im sitting in an inpromptu 3+++ hour call on friday afternoon

Which also means i was invited very late to the conference call.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-06-07 15:39:09
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Which also means i was invited very late to the conference call.
But somehow the blame will be all yours.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-07 15:58:06
Link | Citer | R

I know a lot of people hate AI - But I love it

Learning how to fix pics with AI

Creation -

I liked how it looked so I wanted to fix some things I didn't like

Fixed -

By Pantafernando 2024-06-07 16:00:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
a lot of people hate AI

Like when FFXI used to introduce a breaking change for a job hierarchy, there were always the bandwagoners, and the anti-bandwagon (or, the people who played -insert job that was not favored- the entire life)
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-06-07 16:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
lot of people hate AI
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai