Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22611 22612 22613 ... 22706 22707 22708
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-05 15:23:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
See, now this is a conversation definitely worth having, but I also respect how incredibly difficult such a discussion in today's world can be.

I wonder if it has anything to do with statements like...

RadialArcana said: »
The progressive messaging is so laughably on the nose.

Being brought up any time more than 50% of the cast of any movie, tv show, or videogame isn't made up of white men.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-05 15:25:30
Link | Citer | R

one of the most badass depictions of a jedi ever was played by Samuel L Jackson so idk why we're pretending like POC in Star Wars is a new thing anyway
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-05 15:31:50
Link | Citer | R

The progressive messaging is so laughably on the nose.

...but it is good? I've watched plenty of ***with baked-in messaging of all sorts that still is good and worth watching.

I have no idea, I don't watch modern media but people say it's crap.

However the problem with progressive ideology (as opposed to any other in the past) is that if the most experienced cinematographer (for example) is a white man, and the 2nd most exp is a white man, and the 3rd is a white man and the 4th is a white man, and the 5th is a white man...and the 10th best is a white woman and the 20th best is a black woman. Well you hire the black woman obviously, because that's for the greater good as a progressive white world champion showing off your other white rich progressive friends in hollywood.

This is why you get a movie like Han Solo that has the worst cinematography possible and it looks like it was shot from your basement, and why a stunt woman was hired for deadpool 2 with almost no experience and she died on the set.

To these people all that matters is the group the person they hire belongs to, not competency. You can't show off and sniff each others farts about hiring a skilled white guy, only a black woman with no experience. This is why you get a movie aimed at teenage men, with 5 middle aged women writing it today when they have no idea what teenage boys even like.

Then they'll all get a bafta / oscar, slap each other on the back about how progressive they are while drinking $1k champagne and laughing at the poors who brought it to them.

All while getting paid to make some of the worst trash for the past 10 years.
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-05 15:31:59
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
one of the most badass depictions of a jedi ever was played by Samuel L Jackson so idk why we're pretending like POC in Star Wars is a new thing anyway

A lot of people are overly sensitive to woke(or anti-woke).

I wish there is an internet filter for woke or anti-woke complaints so I can read discussions on things that matter more. You know, like story.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-05 15:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Being brought up any time more than 50% of the cast of any movie, tv show, or videogame isn't made up of white men.

Here is the thing though, these shows/movies are all crap, these AAA games are all crap. 2020-2024 are the years of garbage.

If they hired all black hairy lesbians with one leg and they were making bangers nobody would care.

Tell me I'm wrong though, name the bangers made by progressive ideology hiring based on DEI. Destroy me with your massive list of kino.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-06-05 15:37:29
Link | Citer | R

woke at the expense of quality can easily be shut down by simply respecting quality as the judge of if something is good or not...you don't need to cite that it was "wokeness" that ruined something- it was bad choices.

And...if you're going to allow depictions of something based on if they embraced the woke aspect of society right now as bad, that means you have to also be ok allowing something to only be good because of the wokeness. Hard truth is that some things are good or bad, and some of the good will have that wokeness and some of the bad will...and some of the good will be as whitebread 60s Americana as you can find. It hurts the arts when you enable critique of it through such simplistic methods as this.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-05 15:42:10
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-05 15:42:23
Link | Citer | R

See, now this is a conversation definitely worth having, but I also respect how incredibly difficult such a discussion in today's world can be.

This is why the scientific community is so busted now, because everyone is afraid of upsetting their peers. It's almost unheard of to question progressive ideology in the sciences today, you'll be fired or blacklisted. Why yes Doctor! of course women can fight men in the UFC, do you think I'm sexist or something!?

It's amazing to me that people are so worried about what other people think of them, to damage the thing they are supposed to care about the most. I mean I get it to a point but if you're so afraid to say the truth, go work in mcdoanlds or something. Don't do science.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-06-05 15:48:44
Link | Citer | R

Wow the conspiracy theories just went off the rails I see.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-05 15:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Wow the conspiracy theories just went off the rails I see.
IDK man, but that Duck is trippin me out!
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-05 15:54:16
Link | Citer | R

This is why you get a movie aimed at teenage men, with 5 middle aged women writing it today when they have no idea what teenage boys even like.

Which movie is it?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-05 15:55:52
Link | Citer | R

It would still be just as bad if the cast was all white.

Cast is secondary or tertiary. Boring story and boring action take center stage, not the bisexual biracial woman. (Who I think is pretty good as an actress, by the way) ((Bodies bodies bodies, everything everything, Darkest Minds, Hunger Games))
By Pantafernando 2024-06-05 16:08:53
Link | Citer | R

While you guy are discussing trash movies/series, the lawn is waiting to be mowed
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-05 16:08:55
Link | Citer | R

why a stunt woman was hired for deadpool 2 with almost no experience and she died on the set.

I'm assuming you mean Joi Harris, the professional motorcyclist who had been motorcycling for 8 years, had a racing license, owned a racing team, won races. This is the woman with no experience being on a motorcycle, or did you mean someone else? I'm a little confused by your blatant racist misinformation. Is this the woman with almost no experience being on a motorcycle? Damn, they'll hire literally anyone who's not white even if they're totally unqualified.

Do you get all of your information from inciteful blog headlines?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-05 16:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
While you guy are discussing trash movies/series, the lawn is waiting to be mowed

already did it brother TWICE THIS WEEK
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-06-05 16:19:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Boring story and boring action take center stage, not the bisexual biracial woman.

This is kinda where I'm at with it. Most movies and TV shows I try to watch have horrid writing, there is no consistency in the storyline and it goes off the rails, either at the start or the end. The content is flawed from the moment it is conceived in the writers room.

I somewhat get the complaints people have about characters being racially changed to meet some agenda or scripts being adjusted to be more woke, but I really don't think that's the issue. You can still pull off what some would identify as "woke" and be a good story with consistency, but most media I watch these days seems to struggle with the writing, nothing to do with tapdancing around certain subjects, just being terrible at writing. They can't even adapt existing, completed stories like The Witcher without *** it up. The irony of that one being they effectively neutered strong female leads from the original stories with their shitty writing and turned them into one dimensional tropes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-05 16:26:22
Link | Citer | R

With or without beer?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-05 16:27:04
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

With or without beer?

weed for the weeds
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-06-05 16:39:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Boring story and boring action take center stage, not the bisexual biracial woman.

This is kinda where I'm at with it. Most movies and TV shows I try to watch have horrid writing, there is no consistency in the storyline and it goes off the rails, either at the start or the end. The content is flawed from the moment it is conceived in the writers room.

I somewhat get the complaints people have about characters being racially changed to meet some agenda or scripts being adjusted to be more woke, but I really don't think that's the issue. You can still pull off what some would identify as "woke" and be a good story with consistency, but most media I watch these days seems to struggle with the writing, nothing to do with tapdancing around certain subjects, just being terrible at writing. They can't even adapt existing, completed stories like The Witcher without *** it up. The irony of that one being they effectively neutered strong female leads from the original stories with their shitty writing and turned them into one dimensional tropes.

We're seeing the world that gets created when the creative minds no longer retain control of creation.

The reason even existing IP can't get clean adaptations is because the money men have been given a voice in the writer's rooms. Surveys and such that measure the audiences have more value than those who's ideas these are on the screen. So instead of being given something unique by great minds who are allowed to work, we are being fed constantly changing media who's direction is determined simply by majority vote.

Let the creators work, and work freely, and give them the creative space to work with as well. Then simply decide if you like what's coming out, rather than thinking we, the meager audience, should have any voice whatsoever in terms of a product's creation beyond approval/disapproval.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-06-05 16:52:56
Link | Citer | R

The acolyte is crap because it is not Star Wars. The story is too caught up in its own message, about "a spiritual journey of what it is to become who you are", whatever that means, and that is an actual quote. No good and evil, just shades of grey and "misunderstood villains".

Which would be interesting to explore within the canon of the Star Wars universe, but no, can't use any existing lore that's bad. Need to put a chick in it and make her gay instead. There, perfect.

The clue is in the name. Star. Wars.

What is star wars without war among the stars.

But I guess none of the recent, since Disney, star wars is "star wars". Star wars is probably dead by now, as long as it is in the hands of the current group.

And remember, when someone does not like the Acolyte, it is because they don't like women. Not because the show is bad.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-06-05 16:56:02
Link | Citer | R

Martin Shkreli has a twitch channel now

Monetizing the worlds most punchable face, geenus
How if we can't punch his face in? I mean not even virtually.

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Carrie Anne Moss still hot tho, just sayin
Still looks tough as nails too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-05 17:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Today was an ok day that got way better.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-05 18:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Mathematics must be the language of gods.

To fully comprehend it, you must have ascended already
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-06-05 18:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Time to watch more Korean TV shows instead. 8D
I'm watching Chief of Staff. Lee's performance is fantastic.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-05 19:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Mathematics must be the language of gods.

To fully comprehend it, you must have ascended already
Indeed, Daniel Jackson. (or understand Egyptology)
By Draylo 2024-06-05 19:41:22
Link | Citer | R

Completely agree Radial, and honestly anytime you bring it up its like peoples programing turns on and they go on the offensive. It isn't just some incels on the internet coming up with being annoyed at this, a large majority are and they just don't say anything due to the trained backlash. Nobody would care if it didn't affect the product or change the story/ established characters. I honestly mostly see Disney doing this non stop,
[+]
By Draylo 2024-06-05 19:53:55
Link | Citer | R

Drayco said: »
That picture perfectly epitomizes why I don't like ff14.

They don't care about the lore of their world and they don't care about breaking players suspension of disbelief, they are adding a star trek future city in a fantasy world. They have tie ins with other games like Nier Automata, PSO and monster hunter and don't bother to explain it, they have cash shop outfits that look like something you would buy off amazon.

To be fair to them though that's what the players of that game want so it's a smart thing to do, it's the fortnite game strategy. Just put lots of fun stuff in it, so people can hang out and dance at each other while looking at each other wearing baseball caps and leaning against the wall.

I'm just not their target audience, which is why I'm still playing 11.

14 is actually a really good game if you treat it like a single player game. Shadowbringers and Endwalker are incredible. I'm really looking forward to Dawntrail and all the FFXI content in it. I do love me some Memberberries.

14's end game is pretty bad imo. Hunts are a lot of fun, but everything else kind of sucks. Savage content is the worst, it's just overly complicated simon-says.

I just didn't find them incredible, just to give my opinion. I played thru the entire storyline of shadowbringer because people said that it was incredible. I found the exact same things from every expansion, the same annoying fetch quests and clicking three glowing dots and returning to a npc. The same tired sacrifices from the same characters that always come back. The same rigid movements in cutscenes that almost always end up in wide open mouth gasps and head nodding... I didn't find anything in the story to be unexpected or noteworthy tbh.

The end game I agree with you on, still have no idea how people find that to be fun.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-06-05 19:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Pretty easy to go on the offensive when he isn't even watching the content and instead just making ***up. Again, the diverse cast is not even remotely a problem in the Acolyte. No changes have been made to any characters, especially since it's set 100 years in the past.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-06-05 20:08:04
Link | Citer | R

I didn't mean in regards to that show specifically, but in general. I mean, theres a reason that south park epi went viral, because a lot of people are thinking the exact same thing. Maybe not in this shows case (I have not watched it yet) but a lot of other shows/movies have fallen prey to that and have suffered as a result of an unqualified writer/director/actor or a forced narrative hurting the plot. Just to speak on it isn't wrong, its a reality, but a lot of people automatically go on the offensive when its brought up.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-05 20:35:37
Link | Citer | R

I assume you were also extremely upset when Rian Johnson got the writer/director spot for The Last Jedi, and also when John Berneker died while filming The Walking Dead.

My problem isn't that people point at bad movies/tv shows/games and say they're bad. My problem is that people ONLY point at those things that they think are bad AND say they're bad because a minority was hired to do XYZ role; this comes, of course, with the presumption that the person who was hired was unqualified (because of course they were, they're just a quota hire because they're not a white guy).

Nobody gives a flying *** if an inexperienced or underqualified white guy is hired for a position and *** it up, but the second a woman does it, the whole reason the thing flopped is because of her. Cherry pick a few examples of this and BAM you've got an epidemic.

It's a *** joke by people who can't recognize their incredibly obvious observer bias.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22611 22612 22613 ... 22706 22707 22708