Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22610 22611 22612 ... 22706 22707 22708
By Draylo 2024-06-04 21:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Figured as much, altho I just saw an article randomly that says it was good, but probably purchased PR ad. Poor star wars
By Pantafernando 2024-06-05 01:35:50
Link | Citer | R

Good morning you who play at 30fps. Also good morning you who play at 60. And also you who play at uncapped frame rate.

And also good morning to you who constantly drop your fps. Just reinstall correctly the damn dgvoodoo.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-05 03:31:51
Link | Citer | R

I have spotted playing games, reading mangas and watching (many) videos, mainly focused in this uni last stretch.

But yesterday I receive another ad of that Sea of Star thing. This will be my next game.
By RadialArcana 2024-06-05 08:08:01
Link | Citer | R

The progressive messaging is so laughably on the nose.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-05 08:13:37
Link | Citer | R

Because the cast is diverse? I think you're just going to have to accept that will happen anywhere it possibly can. Star wars is not an environment where race is relevant, they have intergalactic travel and commerce and all sorts of alien races. Humans with different skin tone aren't breaking immersion.

I don't particularly like forced diversity, but you have to choose your battles. It's a much bigger issue when the source material is loosely historical and it breaks immersion. AC5 is a good example of that.

If you're seeing it as an indicator that the show will probably be woke garbage, then yea, I get it. But, it's still not fair to assume that until you actually see the show.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-05 08:24:52
Link | Citer | R

The most important places in that cast image are the center spot and the first spot, to progressive ideology a black woman is the most important person (a black gay woman ranks higher but it's hard to show that without putting a label saying "she is gay") on their chart scoring system so they put black women in those 2 most important spots (even though nobody knows who they are)

The most famous and important person there is Carrie Anne Moss, and so because of that they put her at the very bottom of importance in the cast list. She should be in the middle or first spot, cause she is so well known. Ironically she will be paid the most out of all those people but she is last in importance to the marketing team.

The only white man (of which are going to be the biggest consumers of the product), is 2nd from last right at the bottom behind the most important person and the picture is black and white. Which indicates the past in peoples minds. Keep in mind this is a multi million dollar production, they picked that picture intentionally. This is not the only picture they had or some nonsense.

Also these people are all mostly nobodies you never heard of, and they are being billed like they are super stars. They don't matter at all, what does matter is their race and gender and that is what they are showcasing with this image.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-05 08:33:53
Link | Citer | R

Let's say that's all true(and some of it is pretty dubious to me), why does it matter? It's advertising, the advertising team isn't designing the show. Again, pick your battles. You can't fight wokeness by being a snowflake yourself, and this really doesn't matter.

Maybe they emphasized minorities and women because they wanted them to be interested in the show. You said yourself it's primarily for white men, are white men who are interested in star wars choosing not to consume it based on how the cast is arranged in an image? If it doesn't cost them viewers who were already invested, and gains them viewers who weren't, it's the correct move from an advertising standpoint.
By RadialArcana 2024-06-05 08:37:19
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't, the show is garbage and I don't care if it's woke or not cause everything made in the west is woke now.

I saw the name of it being brought up and looked and saw that image, I'm just commenting on the image cause it's so blatantly on the nose.

The main way these people see these franchises now (this is rampant in gaming too), is the white men who are the majority are "locked in" so they can appeal to other groups to grow the audience. That works short term, but long term it will destroy all these franchises.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-06-05 08:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Ah yes, how did I know RA would be crying about the diversity of the cast of a show he hasn't seen? From a person that has actually seen the episodes, there is nothing wrong with the cast. I think the lead actress did a good job and the rest of the actors, particularly Manny Jacinto, are fine. Actors aren't responsible for the lazy writing, the bad set design, the bad costuming, and the bad CGI.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-06-05 09:26:23
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
The most important places in that cast image are the center spot and the first spot
Of course you can link to scientific studies that proves this. Or at least an opinion piece that isn't some incel ranting.

Viciouss said: »
Actors aren't responsible for the lazy writing, the bad set design, the bad costuming, and the bad CGI.
But they can get blamed for all those nonetheless. Case in point: John Travolta taking the fall for Saturday Night Fever.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-05 09:58:13
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
incel ranting

lazy

Quote:
crying

Not crying at all, I don't care. I just found it interesting and only based on the picture and knowing progressive ideology, I didn't even know the show existed before you start whining about it.

Quote:
Actors aren't responsible for the lazy writing

Actors are irrelevant, the show runners pick people who suit their ideology.

Here is the tool Blizzard uses to score their characters based on their ideology for instance.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-05 09:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Actors aren't responsible for the lazy writing, the bad set design, the bad costuming, and the bad CGI.
https://x.com/JonasJCampbell/status/1796552279279247694

Actors who dont know *** all about the source material deserve to get dragged.

Guy said "Anakin blew up the death star" with all his chest lmao
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-06-05 10:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Guy said "Anakin blew up the death star" with all his chest lmao
Ok, Ok but like hear me out, He did do it!

If he had not done the deed that lead to the birth of the child, who actual pulled the trigger, the child could not have blown up the death star, so it is Anakin's fault for not keeping it in his pants, plain and simple.

If you want to add another layer to it, by being an absent father he cause his child to pick up a weapon and wield it against the empire, had he been there for his son he could have lead him down the correct path without loosing a priceless moon sized battle ship.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-05 10:45:11
Link | Citer | R

[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-06-05 10:55:12
Link | Citer | R

I'm loving this Solution 9 artwork the XIV Instagram has been putting out over the last few days.Lots of speculation around what's hidden in the last piece to be revealed. Gonna laugh so hard if there's nothing particularly big there and it's just more people hanging out. Blitzball stadium please... /copium
By RadialArcana 2024-06-05 11:09:51
Link | Citer | R

That picture perfectly epitomizes why I don't like ff14.

They don't care about the lore of their world and they don't care about breaking players suspension of disbelief, they are adding a star trek future city in a fantasy world. They have tie ins with other games like Nier Automata, PSO and monster hunter and don't bother to explain it, they have cash shop outfits that look like something you would buy off amazon.

To be fair to them though that's what the players of that game want so it's a smart thing to do, it's the fortnite game strategy. Just put lots of fun stuff in it, so people can hang out and dance at each other while looking at each other wearing baseball caps and leaning against the wall.

I'm just not their target audience, which is why I'm still playing 11.
[+]
 Asura.Toeknee
Serveur: Asura
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2024-06-05 11:12:26
Link | Citer | R

Acolyte Rant

As someone who actually works in TV marketing and comms - watching people like you on the internet make up random conspiratorial nonsense to rant about without any understanding of how casting, marketing, or any of the moving parts around the actual process works is always funny to read lol
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-05 11:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toeknee said: »
As someone who actually works in TV marketing and comms

lol
By Drayco 2024-06-05 11:30:44
Link | Citer | R

That picture perfectly epitomizes why I don't like ff14.

They don't care about the lore of their world and they don't care about breaking players suspension of disbelief, they are adding a star trek future city in a fantasy world. They have tie ins with other games like Nier Automata, PSO and monster hunter and don't bother to explain it, they have cash shop outfits that look like something you would buy off amazon.

To be fair to them though that's what the players of that game want so it's a smart thing to do, it's the fortnite game strategy. Just put lots of fun stuff in it, so people can hang out and dance at each other while looking at each other wearing baseball caps and leaning against the wall.

I'm just not their target audience, which is why I'm still playing 11.

14 is actually a really good game if you treat it like a single player game. Shadowbringers and Endwalker are incredible. I'm really looking forward to Dawntrail and all the FFXI content in it. I do love me some Memberberries.

14's end game is pretty bad imo. Hunts are a lot of fun, but everything else kind of sucks. Savage content is the worst, it's just overly complicated simon-says.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-05 11:36:22
Link | Citer | R

Martin Shkreli has a twitch channel now

Monetizing the worlds most punchable face, geenus
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-05 13:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Meh so I guess I have the hot take (or lukewarm take)

Acolyte aside from green face paint is fine. It's just a little boring, that's all. I like everything I've seen Amandla in, everyone else is fine too. Bruh from squid game is excellent pick too.

A little trite with the evil twin dyad thing though. Anything that reminds even a little bit of 7 8 or 9 is just kinda gross.
By Viciouss 2024-06-05 13:50:50
Link | Citer | R

In case people missed the stealth drop, Godzilla Minus One is on Netflix right now. Available in English and Japanese with subtitles. It's been pretty much impossible to see over here in North America, so this is a huge deal.
By Afania 2024-06-05 14:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Also these people are all mostly nobodies you never heard of, and they are being billed like they are super stars. They don't matter at all, what does matter is their race and gender and that is what they are showcasing with this image.

Lee Jung-jae isn't a random nobody at all. He is one of the most successful actor in South Korea. On the other hand, I don't recall seeing Carrie-Anne Moss since Matrix really, and that was from a lonnnng time ago. I've heard about Squid Game way more often than the Matrix in the past 4 years.

Since South Korea TV show industry and market has been growing rapidly in the recent years, it makes perfect sense to break into SK TV show market by using a well known Korean actor. It makes Korean TV show fans care about Star wars IP more.

If they use another white guy then star wars market may be stagnant because it isn't expanding the target audience to different regions.

It's a business decision, but not necessarily a bad one.

cause everything made in the west is woke now

Time to watch more Korean TV shows instead. 8D
By Pantafernando 2024-06-05 14:27:07
Link | Citer | R

Ugh those guys who post their rl psychopat faces on FFXIAH.

If I see those faces near my home, I would call the cops ASAP
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-05 14:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Carrie Anne Moss still hot tho, just sayin
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-06-05 15:00:35
Link | Citer | R

...but it is good? I've watched plenty of ***with baked-in messaging of all sorts that still is good and worth watching.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-05 15:17:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

...but it is good? I've watched plenty of ***with baked-in messaging of all sorts that still is good and worth watching.

Imo it's trash but it isn't because there's non-huwite people in it. The writing is terrible and the fight choreography isn't up to the star wars standard
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-05 15:19:07
Link | Citer | R

Nvidia market cap just surpassed apple....

A few days ago I was discussing the possibility of Nvidia beating apple and Microsoft as the most valuable corporation in the world, it looks like this day is coming at a much faster rate than I expected.....
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-05 15:19:46
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
the more you buy, the more you save

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-06-05 15:20:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Imo it's trash but it isn't because there's non-huwite people in it. The writing is terrible and the fight choreography isn't up to the star wars standard

See, now this is a conversation definitely worth having, but I also respect how incredibly difficult such a discussion in today's world can be.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22610 22611 22612 ... 22706 22707 22708