Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22595 22596 22597 ... 22629 22630 22631
By RadialArcana 2024-05-21 13:31:03
Link | Citer | R

https://x.com/UematsuNobuo
[+]
By Draylo 2024-05-21 13:39:11
Link | Citer | R

Expansión confirmed
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 13:44:58
Link | Citer | R

Why Kids Never Go Outside Anymore
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-21 13:46:11
Link | Citer | R

That Shadow of the Erdtree trailer was bussin' as the kids say these days.

It Miquella'd on my Trina til I Messmer'd.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-05-21 14:02:48
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Yeah nah ill be happy just to be able to play classic songs that don't require 4 hands

"You wanna hear some Taylor Swift huh?"
*clears throat and strums*
"Today is gonna be the day..."
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-21 14:34:31
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Expansión confirmed

Whats expanding?
By Pantafernando 2024-05-21 14:36:15
Link | Citer | R

I noticed Coldplay songs are high in my list of cringiest things.

Every time some presenter try to pull a Coldplay song in a emotional context, I feel like leaving asap
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-21 14:41:37
Link | Citer | R

Talking about context, I feel like out of context in this new job.

They are presenting the employees common characteristics, and they are very passionate, full of pride for belonging here.

Every single presenter so far saying: "every time I remember my first day, I feel like crying"

And the MFer here: "f**k, this is just work, like any other. True professionals shouldnt let their emotions flow out of control during work"
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-05-21 16:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Expansión confirmed

Whats expanding?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-21 16:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Leon Kasai said: »
Expansión confirmed

Whats expanding?

I feel dirty vibes on you...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-21 17:22:11
Link | Citer | R

Aren't you the guy who was asking people every day for like a month if they washed between their cheeks?
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-05-21 17:27:14
Link | Citer | R

Expansión confirmed
Whats expanding?
Life, the universe, and everything.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-21 17:57:49
Link | Citer | R

I always wondered why lives seems so profitable to those influencers.

I like videos between 10~20 mins, thats a good duration to deliver a well prepared content and keep us interested the full duration.

While lives, dudes spend 3h to non-scriptable content, mostly just trash talking and interacting with viewers.

And thats another thing: interacting with users. If the guy is moderately popular, quickly the chat becomes flooded and impossible to keep up any conversation.

So, to sum up i just think lives are garbage content. Still, people like that a pay more for it than shorter but more structured content.

The only conclusion I could come up is that people just want to interact. The live chats becomes somehow a social media of people that have at least one thing in common. Funny is that they dont want to actually intersct given its basically impossible with flooded chat. Just pretending they are interacting is good enough for them, it seems
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-22 00:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Good morning you who are expanding. Also you who are shrinking.

And also you who are vanishing. While there is still time
By Pantafernando 2024-05-22 00:39:39
Link | Citer | R

Todays news: "influencer inspire others exposing her body imperfections".

Her photo:

Sounds kinda many in this site: "hey look how easy is to solo this content. NVM my full Nyane R30, complete Prime weapon and dozens of cheats used".
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-22 02:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-22 02:11:31
Link | Citer | R

PS2 for Fafnir pulls... what the heck does that mean lol?

Dual boxing makes sense, but specifically for Fafnir pulls, wut?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-22 02:29:52
Link | Citer | R

I think he means claims, I used to do the same. I had alts at camps to try claim stuff while I did the thing I actually wanted to do on my main.

It's ironic than much of the appeal of XI still is that Square have barely changed it or modernized it, so it's still true to what it has always been more or less.

It's as close as you can get to time travel in a way where you can log into this "olde" world you spent thousands of hours in with like minded people, no matter how stressful or crazy real life gets XI is still there as it always has been.

It's a kind of metaverse, created when we were teens that still survives, still has a feel of that time and is still populated by many of the same people so many years later.

It's kind of cool when you think about it that way.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-22 02:41:24
Link | Citer | R

A video got my attention here.

"FFX is NOT a love story - Philosophy and religious consevatism story"

It already got me interested when it said that is not a love story. I really love to see others interpretations that could turn upside down one thing thats supposed to be explicit to the average ignorant people (like me).

But then he added "conservatism" there. IDK in other countries, but conservatism here is a heavily politicized word. I hope this doesnt turn just some propaganda video.

Gonna watch it later.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-22 02:54:50
Link | Citer | R

conservatism

Conservatism in itself is not a bad word, it has been made into one because the internet is stupid and people turn things into either 100% agreeing with them or 100% disagreeing with them.

Ultimately it's supposed to be what the word says, to conserve our society instead of embracing constant change.

As an example, AI is the future and will make almost everyone's job obsolete if it's not manual labor (who have and will continue to be replaced easily by mass immigrants from the 3rd world, who work longer, harder and cheaper than people who were born in our nations).

To not fully embrace AI is conservatism, you're trying to conserve the current way/past for no reason other than some archaic belief the old human way is better (when it's obviously not).

Most people who oppose AI don't see what they are doing, and it's mainly because now it impacts them when it didn't before. If you were to call them a conservative, they would be mad because the word has been tainted but it's really not a bad word.
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-22 03:55:16
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
To not fully embrace AI is conservatism, you're trying to conserve the current way/past for no reason other than some archaic belief the old human way is better (when it's obviously not).

I would say a lot of "AI or not" question is case to case basis. Personally I don't mind using algorithms to optimize things such as more efficient workflow. However I am not really a huge fan of AI "art".

To me art is supposed to be a journey of self discovery and self expression. Not algorithms based image generation. When people post an image of generated image without going through the above steps in the journey then pretend they did, that's when AI gets an negative reputation in art community, with or without copyright controversy.

This is one example that I firmly believe the old human way is better imo. Removing the journey of self discovery and expression in art is changing the entire nature of it.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-22 04:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Before the industrial revolution skilled workers devoted their lives to being weavers or blacksmiths, then souless machines were created that did their job better, cheaper and faster.

They made the same arguments no doubt, they were still replaced. Cause money always wins.

It's funny that 5-6 years ago many writers, artists and game developers were holding up signs on social media saying "immigrants welcome" when blue collar workers were complaining about losing their jobs. They never dreamed their jobs would be so easily replaced too.

Now those same people are kvetching on twitter, expecting those blue collar workers to care AI is taking their jobs away.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-22 04:41:02
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if Im psychic.

I had a divination that Afania would reply to Radialarcanas comment.

My powers says there will be more replies during the day
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-22 07:50:18
Link | Citer | R

Before the industrial revolution skilled workers devoted their lives to being weavers or blacksmiths, then souless machines were created that did their job better, cheaper and faster.

They made the same arguments no doubt, they were still replaced. Cause money always wins.

The argument of weavers or blacksmiths is drastically different from art though, I can never understand how they are in the same category.

You don't make clothes because you need to embark on a journey of self discovery and self-expression. You make clothes because you need clothes. It makes perfect sense to save money making cloth, because it is basic human need.

Art has a extremely different function. It fulfills people's self-actualization after their basic need is fulfilled. It makes zero sense to replace the self-actualization part of art for money. Because money was never the main point in the process, self-actualization is.

I don't think both cases are similar in any means.

They never dreamed their jobs would be so easily replaced too.

The writer's job will not be replaced, the best formula to construct a story has been nailed down decades ago. But interesting stories continued to be produced, because people have different life experience and perspectives, which makes stories interesting despite they loosely followed the same formula for decades. AI has none of that.

I can see writer assistant's job being replaced by chatGPT though. I often use chatGPT myself, so I know how useful it is. But replacing writer assistant isn't the same as replacing writers.
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-22 07:55:16
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if Im psychic.

I had a divination that Afania would reply to Radialarcanas comment.

My powers says there will be more replies during the day

Honestly it is not tough to figure that out based on what was being said, lol.

If a statement is something closer to "this is always the case" or "A equals to B" then you can almost expect people disagree because people have different perspectives and life experiences.

If a statement is closer to "sometimes this is correct, sometimes it is not, it depends" or "A doesn't always equal to B, it depends" then it's way less controversial.

RA has the tendency to express opinions using the former writing style, that's why it is often more controversial than it can be.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-05-22 08:23:32
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
If a statement is closer to "sometimes this is correct, sometimes it is not, it depends" or "A doesn't always equal to B, it depends" then it's way less controversial.
I am not sure that works with many "controversial" topics, if people do believe "this is always the case" or "A equals to B" and you say otherwise then a disagreement begins.

The best example would be gender, as one camp believes it depends and another believes it is binary. oh an the third camp "I just dont care could you all please shut up"
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-22 08:45:29
Link | Citer | R

The argument of weavers or blacksmiths is drastically different from art though, I can never understand how they are in the same category.
If this were true, there wouldn't be a market for handmade clothing and tools.

You don't make clothes because you need to embark on a journey of self discovery and self-expression.
Tell that to purple-haired americans and cosplayers. For that matter, tell that to anyone who buys brand name clothing or anything with logos on it. If self-expression weren't involved, we'd all wear identical clothing.

Art has a extremely different function. It fulfills people's self-actualization after their basic need is fulfilled. It makes zero sense to replace the self-actualization part of art for money. Because money was never the main point in the process, self-actualization is.
I also don't think it's true that money isn't the primary factor for any artists. Having enthusiasm for your career doesn't negate earning as the main purpose. The consumer may try to understand the artist's feelings and how they related to the art, but that process isn't actually involving the artist and can be largely made up.. you can engage in the same thought exercises with AI art.

ChatGPT is obviously not ready to replace entire writing jobs yet, and AI art models have a way to go too. But, if progress advances at the rate many people expect it to, they'll both be there in our lifetimes.

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
The best example would be gender, as one camp believes it depends and another believes it is binary. oh an the third camp "I just dont care could you all please shut up"
Pretty much. It doesn't matter how softly you put it, a statement along the lines of:
I support anyone enjoying life however they would like, but I don't think the current level of technology is sufficient to change a man into a woman, and I will still internally perceive them as a man.

May as well be spitting in the face of a certain crowd of people, for how they react.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-05-22 08:55:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
ChatGPT is obviously not ready to replace entire writing jobs yet, and AI art models have a way to go too. But, if progress advances at the rate many people expect it to, they'll both be there in our lifetimes.

Some recent research and papers question if we are reaching the plateau already, claiming that the next phase of improvement will take more data then we could ever hope to have.

some arguments against the research have been that they are only looking at what models are currently released and cant know what companies are working on in their labs. And another angle to attack the research is the bench mark that they measured the performance increases, is the bench mark a good representation of the performance? or is it just leading them to the answer they wanted to find.

Time will tell how this all shakes out but I am sure some 50% of people who care about the conclusion will be completely blind sided by it.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-22 08:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Yea, I'm not going to take a strict position on whether progress will advance at that rate or not. Everyone has their own incentives, and companies aren't likely to be completely honest about their own limitations or capabilities to the public.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-22 09:35:38
Link | Citer | R

People aren't mad about AI cause it stops them making art, creating music or writing articles / books / scripts, they can still do that no matter how good the tech gets. They are mad it is reducing the value of what they create when they want to sell it to others.

Quote:
The writer's job will not be replaced

It is or soon will be, for instance it can take a writers room of 8 people and turn it into one with 1-2 people. It also helps that modern writers are garbage anyway, so the bar is super low now.

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 22595 22596 22597 ... 22629 22630 22631