Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22594 22595 22596 ... 22632 22633 22634
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-05-19 09:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Good morning you, new and old employee.

And also you, that is unemployed. Be it because you didnt find a job or because you simply dont like to work
I didn't mind working but I am long done with that ****.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Hmm, that interview with a vampire show got a second season.

Didn't expect that, forgot the first season existed despite a mild passing interest in seeing it. Must be pretty good, quite high ratings and didnt get cancelled.
Those last three have little to do with each other. Case in point: Firefly.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-05-19 09:34:08
Link | Citer | R

Paged!

[+]
Serveur: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
By Kalyna Maimhov 2024-05-19 10:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Holy crap it's been years since I've been here.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-19 11:25:23
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Paged!

Its rare, but happens often
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-20 01:32:51
Link | Citer | R

Good morning you who is a cultured dog like me and dress properly, with proper elegance.

Also you, who is a dirty mutt and walk everywhere naked, swinging your balls right and left
By Pantafernando 2024-05-20 01:37:29
Link | Citer | R

I must admit this game got me interested in trying.

I always wanted to try roguelikes. I feel like I could enjoy this genre

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-20 11:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Learning the guitar was a mistake. The woman requested I learn a taylor swift song and I've never felt more emasculated
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-05-20 11:12:49
Link | Citer | R

I bet I can guess

the "it's me, hi, I'm the problem it's me" song right?
no idea what its called but I'm guessing "problem"

Kalyna Maimhov said: »
Holy crap it's been years since I've been here.
I remember you.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-20 11:15:03
Link | Citer | R

Love Story. Doing my best to maleify the lyrics

On the topic of learning, I've done well enough on my own learning chord shapes, bars, and general form. Reading the music was trivial since it's baby mode compared to reading actual sheet music which I could already do. But I'm thinking about paying a tutor to get a better grasp on pentatonic scales and mastering the fretboard. Having trouble with that and a little structure would help, right now any solo or riff I know is just memorized and by ear.

Also working on some basic FF songs like Aerith's Theme and Eyes on Me. The melodies are easy but incorporating some chords to make it sound more full is taking a bit of time
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-05-20 11:25:03
Link | Citer | R

"Proth's dad said go pick out a tuxedo" teehee
By Pantafernando 2024-05-20 11:38:08
Link | Citer | R

It was kinda awkward when during a presentation, the host called the next presenter to join the meeting.

Then he asked if she was hearing him, then he proceed to ask the audience to call her louder so she could hear.

The the audience called louder.

Then the presenter showed in the screen and told at start: "hello, my name is _____, and I have hearing disability".

Damn... none told the host about that?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-05-20 13:42:35
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
On the topic of learning, I've done well enough on my own learning chord shapes, bars, and general form. Reading the music was trivial since it's baby mode compared to reading actual sheet music which I could already do. But I'm thinking about paying a tutor to get a better grasp on pentatonic scales and mastering the fretboard. Having trouble with that and a little structure would help, right now any solo or riff I know is just memorized and by ear.
By "mastering the fretboard" do you mean translating sheet music to the fretboard? Or do you mean using the whole darn thing like rock soloists?

While I played guitar successfully enough to accompany my singing on stage I never did learn to read music. Its nice I suppose but not necessary. Its in my regrets list like typing, gas stoves, and horses.

Pentatonic... 5 tone. The guitar is a 12 tone instrument. The 3 string dulcimer is a 5 tone instrument. IMHO D modal tuning, dropping the E strings to D, can approach the pentatonic sound but you will never get a guitar to sound like a dulcimer. I consider this a good thing.

What kind / make of guitar are you learning on?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-20 13:44:57
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Or do you mean using the whole darn thing like rock soloists?

yup that. it makes sense to me to an extent but going from fretless to fretted strings has been more different than I expected and i really dont know why. For the violin I just have muscle memory for where my hand should play at each position, for the guitar i think im overanalyzing and overthinking it all and trying to be too regular w/ finger placement by the frets, so I'm spending more time thinking about that than the notes

Quote:
What kind / make of guitar are you learning on?

Have a vintage strat for electric and two Orangewood acoustics, mahogany and spruce

Quote:
Pentatonic... 5 tone. The guitar is a 12 tone instrument. The 3 string dulcimer is a 5 tone instrument. IMHO D modal tuning, dropping the E strings to D, can approach the pentatonic sound but you will never get a guitar to sound like a dulcimer. I consider this a good thing.

e.x.

the concept isnt difficult but im having difficulty remembering all of it using my own learning methods, so hoping someone with experience can help me with some tips and tricks. a lot of artists like Clapton used pentatonics for most of their solos so learning the scales will be helpful I think

The other thing I can't do is match David Gilmour's crazy bends, he must be using different guitars for each song w/ lighter gauge strings because doing it on these mid gauge ones is impossible
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-05-20 14:07:09
Link | Citer | R

I was checking to see which Ambu Weapons I have left. I think I'm down to the Staff/Gsword/Grip

I wonder why they did Nandaka (Ambu GS) so dirty? Only +15% Damage to Ground Strike is kind of a joke.

I've been messing with the Scythe on BST of all jobs lately, and at 3000TP I can easily hit 80k+ on Apex Bats (It's a good Darkness Option if anything).

Surprising that Spiral Hell gets a +100% boost even though it has higher fTP than Ground Strike. It ends up putting Spiral Hell pretty close to origin.

The defense down perk of the Ambu GS is pretty bad. It's only 1% defense down per enfeebling effect on the target.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-20 14:41:23
Link | Citer | R

Judging by the trajectory of Capacity points vs. Exemplar points, I think I'll only flirt with about Master Level 32 by the time I am done with the Oboro grind. If I get all 700 JP this week, there will be 1961 more JP to get.

Feels like every semi-serious grind in XI takes something like 4~5 months solo vs. Like a week or two if you get a group that's gonna fast track it for ya.

I mean this specific grind is time gated anyway, but idk. I looked at my post history to see when I celebrated each piece of and full Malignance and things akin to that like +3 Empyrean pieces and/or Sacro Breastplate etc. etc.

From getting my first piece of Malignance (November 15th 2023) to my final piece of Malignance (February 2nd 2024) it was about a 3 month span of time. Closer to 4 probably since idk how many times I ran Lilith before I got those sweet sweet Tights.

No idea just how long I spent getting full +2 Ambu sets and Naegling. I know I had started working on them sometime in the summer last year, because that's around the time I started taking everything to 99 but I don't have a clear nod in my post history that I can see...

It's gonna feel so weird and bad when I start grinding another job to Master, I feel like lmao.

Or maybe it'll feel effortless? Idk. The grind feels like forever.

Been on Bahamut now for just over a year.

--------

In other gaming news, I've been watching Cider Spider from FFXIV's, "Mad Because Small" channel. Been watching him stream. He is like the epitome of polite rock and roll metalhead that doesn't actually give a ***. Real charming, and pretty damn good at voice impressions, though he claims he can't do impressions.

Dude streams at a standing desk for 8 hours a day, 4 or 5 days a week. He interacts heavily with his chat. Gotta admire the energy. He's grinding FFXIV achievements, which are basically pointless outside of showing that you play the game a ***ton (some do get you some pretty neat mounts, and you will earn ***tons of gil by playing a lot because FFXIV spoon feeds you gil even harder than XI does these days).

It's just the sort of attitude I need to keep playing into Dawntrail. And the only thing that's made me feel like logging in and doing anything in XIV since about 6.3. Between this and the Oboro grind in XI wrapping up around the time Dawntrail comes out, I think I'm going to be mentally primed to not instantly hate everything. Might even enjoy myself. WAR, MCH, and Sage look like they'll be simple fun. More Axe, More Gun, and MOAR LAZORRRR

And I know Shadow of The Erdtree is gonna feel better than sex, too.

-----------

Life news: Signing the lease on May 31st, and beginning the moving process June 1st. I've moved a lot, so I don't feel like it's an insane upheaval, but this will be my soon to be wife's first real move out into the world beyond her parents moving her family like maybe twice.

She's stressing and fixating on a lot of non-issues. I can't tell if me calming her down is making her feel like I'm dismissive, or if I'm actually succeeding in calming her down.

I'll be a commuter for a 45min~1hour commute once we move. Not looking forward to that. Maybe it'll compel me to get a better job/start an actual career or some ***. Idk though, I'm not super ambitious. As long as I'm keeping a roof over my head, my belly and her belly fed, and making enough to afford the games I wanna play, then I don't really care all that much about getting rich.

I wanna get back into fitness and get as ripped as David Vinc. I probably need roids to get as big as him, though. Guy's been a weight training seriously for like 20 years. One half envy and one half inspired every time I see him, though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-20 14:42:51
Link | Citer | R

The problem with Nandaka is needing to re-debuff every mob, which makes it useless in EP camps. The only debuffs that will be present are dia and frailty. Maybe distract and/or elegy. Apex/Locus die too fast to worry about dropping impact, addle, slow, blind, para, grav, etc etc.

On harder content with longer fights, sticking debuffs gets more inconsistent if there isnt flat out immunity. If youre fighting these things, you have a better weapon than Nandaka.

They should adjust it, but they wont.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-20 15:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I was checking to see which Ambu Weapons I have left. I think I'm down to the Staff/Gsword/Grip

I wonder why they did Nandaka (Ambu GS) so dirty? Only +15% Damage to Ground Strike is kind of a joke.

I've been messing with the Scythe on BST of all jobs lately, and at 3000TP I can easily hit 80k+ on Apex Bats (It's a good Darkness Option if anything).

Surprising that Spiral Hell gets a +100% boost even though it has higher fTP than Ground Strike. It ends up putting Spiral Hell pretty close to origin.

The defense down perk of the Ambu GS is pretty bad. It's only 1% defense down per enfeebling effect on the target.

In general they've done Great Sword super dirty for years.

It started out as a PLD only weapon when game was JP onry, moving to be also a WAR and DRK weapon by NA release.

They only let PLD and DRK use the strong Sickle Moon and Spinning Slash though, and that carries forward to today.

They made the level 2 properties for Great Sword be Fragmentation on Spinning Slash and then Fragmentation / Distortion on Ground Strike. This let it Self SC with itself with an endgame level weapon skill, open or close Light and Open for Darkness from Gravitation closers. Which is a bit odd in and of itself, as Gravitation property WS tend to be relatively weak and multi-hit. Better candidates for openers, over closers, but oh well. Ground Strike let Gsword be flexible, if nothing else.

But then there's Ragnarok, which for 75 era was considered a joke relic, enough though its white damage was probably the best white damage in the game given its delay. It got to shine a couple years later with the introduction of Resolution. Which Resolution is another Fragmentation type WS, multi-hit, big STR modifier, available to every Great Sword homie. But Caladbolg came out by then, too, bringing on Torcleaver first, which is far more powerful than Scourge, but only available to DRK and PLD. However, only Scourge really added new SC properties to Great Sword, because Ground Strike sort of already let you do what Torcleaver does in a discounted way.

Next comes Rune Fencer and Epeo. A tank and a tank weapon. With a unqiue WS that is DEX mod but again with Light and Fragmentation.

This means that DRK or PLD with Ragnarok still have the most Great Sword SC properties and capability, with the access to the best WSes.

Fimbulvetr on Helheim finally adds in real darkness based options for Great Sword, which is one of the coolest things about it. Though, of course, it means you have to at least two step it to make Gravitation, and then you may only close Darkness with either a 3rd Fimbulvetr or Torcleaver. Doesn't change the line up though of PLD and DRK having the most SC properties available to them, with WAR coming after them and Rune after, all based on the weapons they can equip...

Nandaka is just another Great Sword showcasing that they don't let Great Sword have anything. Big Sadge. It's a weapon type where they never nailed down the direction they wanted it to have, because they didn't want to identify it concretely with a single job nor did they want to treat it like Sword (Actually give it tons of WS properties across the many jobs that can use it).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-20 15:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok: huge crit bonuses
GSD: zero crit based ws

Oh wait, one of those starter ws is crit based i believe. Zero endgame viable crit based ws.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-20 16:10:30
Link | Citer | R

kekw
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-05-20 19:30:56
Link | Citer | R

yup that. it makes sense to me to an extent but going from fretless to fretted strings has been more different than I expected and i really dont know why. For the violin I just have muscle memory for where my hand should play at each position, for the guitar i think im overanalyzing and overthinking it all and trying to be too regular w/ finger placement by the frets, so I'm spending more time thinking about that than the notes
Frets give you room for a LOT of slop in placement. I went the other way, never did learn violin but did manage fretless banjo. Kinda.

Quote:
Have a vintage strat for electric and two Orangewood acoustics, mahogany and spruce
COOL!!!

Quote:
The other thing I can't do is match David Gilmour's crazy bends, he must be using different guitars for each song w/ lighter gauge strings because doing it on these mid gauge ones is impossible
Super slinky was made for that stuff. Use really light and flat wound.

Best wishes.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-20 19:33:02
Link | Citer | R

As far as Ambu weapons go...

I want to make the axe, staff, grip, and up to the Kaja Great Katana (kinda). I should probably make the club too but ehhhh...

Among needing like half a dozen more capes.

But my drive to do Ambu is still 0.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jhesi
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jessie
By Bahamut.Jhesi 2024-05-20 22:39:11
Link | Citer | R

Crappy timing for the maintenance. My friends and I usually do all three Vagary gates on Mondays around Gain Experience to quickly refill both Sparks and Accolades.

Still got to do a quick Sheol C run though. I always find that to be a lot of fun.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-20 23:16:14
Link | Citer | R

Oooooo Daily show did a half hour Klepper special
By Draylo 2024-05-20 23:21:17
Link | Citer | R

Fallout series was great, even though I disliked the games this was entertaining
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-21 01:43:06
Link | Citer | R

Good morning you who pays every month and who just use when its free

And also you who just do it illegally
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-05-21 09:14:57
Link | Citer | R

Kingdom Hearts finally coming to Steam June 13th!

EDIT: And new Elden Ring dlc trailer.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-21 11:30:36
Link | Citer | R

Whole lot of NPCs that I've already killed in that last shot lmao
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-05-21 11:34:13
Link | Citer | R

Learning the guitar was a mistake. The woman requested I learn a taylor swift song and I've never felt more emasculated

They could've asked you to play some Polyphia and it wouldn't matter if you had just picked up a guitar 5 minutes before, or had been playing for a decade. lol
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-21 13:11:01
Link | Citer | R

TODAY BIG *** RAID IN AQ40 WITH MANY GOLDS FOR ME TO EARN
https://www.twitch.tv/ashcrow232
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-21 13:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »

They could've asked you to play some Polyphia and it wouldn't matter if you had just picked up a guitar 5 minutes before, or had been playing for a decade. lol

Yeah nah ill be happy just to be able to play classic songs that don't require 4 hands
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22594 22595 22596 ... 22632 22633 22634