Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22495 22496 22497 ... 22709 22710 22711
By Draylo 2023-11-15 02:01:02
Link | Citer | R

In a way it is because all the landlords post pandemic raised rents across the board, mine went up 1000 per month last year before I moved. The grocery all crazy priced, 6 dollars for a single mango yesterday. They just pricing everyone out to the outer boroughs and even then its expensive there. The only thing stopping it from being rich only and tourists is the fact the state has a lot of deals with building to set aside affordable housing for low income individuals. Really becoming just like the movies
By Draylo 2023-11-15 02:01:43
Link | Citer | R

The Marvels failed... saw that coming or did all the negative videos will it into existence. Haven't seen it but we seeing the end of the MCU!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-15 02:39:19
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
The Marvels failed... saw that coming or did all the negative videos will it into existence. Haven't seen it but we seeing the end of the MCU!

The sooner "franchises" die in cinema, the better movies we'll be consistently getting. MCU is a formula, not much more, and over time people will eventually tire of it.

Compare the returns of "Barbie" and "Oppenheimer" to pretty much the past couple MCU offerings. There's nothing wrong with having a lighthearted movie night and enjoying characters we grew up with- but I do think the genre needs variety...and MCU was really an overall negative force within the industry in terms of everyone wanted to be that instead of riskier new projects.

Again- I have no issue with "comic book movies" being a part of the offerings we see in movies. There just was about a 5 year period where every studio was thinking that's all they needed to do to make money, and the variety suffered.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vethric
Serveur: Bahamut
user: fusional
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-11-15 03:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

The sooner "franchises" die in cinema, the better movies we'll be consistently getting. MCU is a formula, not much more, and over time people will eventually tire of it.

Compare the returns of "Barbie" and "Oppenheimer" to pretty much the past couple MCU offerings. There's nothing wrong with having a lighthearted movie night and enjoying characters we grew up with- but I do think the genre needs variety...and MCU was really an overall negative force within the industry in terms of everyone wanted to be that instead of riskier new projects.

Again- I have no issue with "comic book movies" being a part of the offerings we see in movies. There just was about a 5 year period where every studio was thinking that's all they needed to do to make money, and the variety suffered.

just watched a really good video on this the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tmxfVWDgMM
[+]
By Draylo 2023-11-15 03:25:06
Link | Citer | R

I still like the movies and the theme, but the whole SJW crap has completely ruined them. It is so forced and all the jokes have become forced and lame. I don't know why they keep forcing it when like 90% of their fans are guys, nerds. It's like they are allergic to money. Barbie wasn't all that great either.. I think it was just overhyped, tiktok doing its thing.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-11-15 05:17:55
Link | Citer | R

I liked the Marvelles more than I liked Quantumania, but that's not too big a praise.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-11-15 07:48:42
Link | Citer | R

Haven't seen it
Good. Don't feel obligated to.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-15 08:13:51
Link | Citer | R

Got my first piece of Malignance(armor) last night just before bed :)

Malignance Tights GET!

Now I'm a man. A man in tights! TIGHT TIGHTS! Always on guard defending the people's rights~ When you're in a pinch just call for the man in tights~

I'm butch!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-11-15 09:27:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Always on guard defending the people's rights~

Though, Malignance means the opposite of that

Quote:
When you're in a pinch just call for the man in tights~

I need money!
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-11-15 10:07:09
Link | Citer | R

About to hit 1mil on my cor mule
The guns bullets not only have to be scavenged but I have to wait till stage 4 to even get them... Maybe.

When using evis mainly for sc, tp bonus gun or crit +10% from stage 3 gun?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-15 10:19:25
Link | Citer | R

Re: bleeding

Tests inconclusive rn but probably nothing very serious this time
[+]
By Afania 2023-11-15 14:46:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
YaY the thing everyone knows and doesn't care about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMhc-qGAldw
Apparently if you make more than 32k a year, you are in the global 1%

So it's a pretty easy barrier to exploit the other 99% for humanity sadly in this globalized day and age

Are you from NA/EU? If you are then it is...ummm...very interesting to have such pov as a NA/EU resident lol.

Like others said, money dont have equal value in different regions. For example, many years ago when I looked for my first job, the salary for most new grad in my country was around $700-$900 a month, or $8-10k per year.

Except eating lunch at a restaurant cost $2 per meal, seeing a doctor and getting med cost $3-4 total, getting a train ticket cost $20. I was having above average living quality with such income, and still saved money.

What about imported "luxury items" like console games? At that time everyone was playing pirated console games, paying $2 per discs. So it wasn't like entertainment was missing in life.

Many years later I learned that in NA/EU eating at a restaurant cost $10-20+, train tickets traveling the same distance cost $100+. they have to pay 25%+ income tax or more, I was mind blown.....

People from high income countries are the one paying for higher salary to make video games, only to have them being pirated in low income countries and make no money from them. Sometimes low income region professionals offer super low price for their work so NA/EU professionals lose jobs....

So the "exploit" goes both ways tbh. High income countries can be a victim of globalization as well, low income countries can also benefit by undercut everything AND maintain high quality life style on the same time. This is not black and white imo.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-11-15 15:02:24
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
YaY the thing everyone knows and doesn't care about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMhc-qGAldw
Apparently if you make more than 32k a year, you are in the global 1%

So it's a pretty easy barrier to exploit the other 99% for humanity sadly in this globalized day and age

Are you from NA/EU? If you are then it is...ummm...very interesting to have such pov as a NA/EU resident lol.
I am North American but my point wasn't related to any specific continent or country, just the fact that as any one of us approaches that global 1%, we logically do partake in more and more exploitive actions day to day due to it being normalized with so many industries we utilize etc
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2023-11-15 18:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Bazaars of Bahamut
I read this as Brazzers of Bahamut.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-11-15 18:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Freud would explain this
By Pantafernando 2023-11-16 01:38:19
Link | Citer | R

Looking for the next series I should dive in, maybe Star Ocean, as it had a remake made this month.

Or Shin Megame Tensei/Persona. We will see.
By Pantafernando 2023-11-16 01:44:31
Link | Citer | R

Tomorrow releases Super Mario RPG.

I have mixed feelings about this one.

Loved first release. But looking back now, nowadays there isnt the replay value for me: im at a stage where I demand more complex stories, and Mario franchise normally dont go that deep. I also dont feel like turn based fights, what was SMRPG 1, and finally I demand some sort of high quality grind, and the most SMRPG had for grinding was levels, what nowaday I feel like the lamest form of evolution. Funny how I assume that I would be at max level once I finish the high quality grind. Feels like something is wrong if I have to get out of my way specifically to earn levels, like the gear and others customizations dont fill the gap in difficulty.

Also, I never played nor feel like playing the Paper Marios after Mario RPG, so there is that too.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-16 05:23:20
Link | Citer | R

I always loved and still love Super Mario RPG's leveling system.

It caps at 30, so if you wanna grind for max level you can, but it doesn't get insane.

There are stat choices on level up, so you can optimize your levels, or just pick whichever bonus is higher for your given level, as the game naturally rotates through them. Or you can just pick physical power every time or magical power every time to specialize characters.

Easy option as a kid, I just picked HP every time lol. Silly of me now knowing how good the other two options are by comparison, but enough to get me through the game completely.

Not sure how this remake is gonna feel, but I'll probably pick it up just to endorse the original.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-11-16 05:38:05
Link | Citer | R

I never played the original but am looking forward to Super Mario RPG. I don't have any expectations, just looking for a fun game to play
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-11-16 06:02:27
Link | Citer | R

I always loved and still love Super Mario RPG's leveling system.

It caps at 30, so if you wanna grind for max level you can, but it doesn't get insane.

There are stat choices on level up, so you can optimize your levels, or just pick whichever bonus is higher for your given level, as the game naturally rotates through them. Or you can just pick physical power every time or magical power every time to specialize characters.

Easy option as a kid, I just picked HP every time lol. Silly of me now knowing how good the other two options are by comparison, but enough to get me through the game completely.

Not sure how this remake is gonna feel, but I'll probably pick it up just to endorse the original.
"what would you like to level up?"

"HP - choose this if you lack confidence"
young me was so salty at nintendo, but took HP anyway lol
[+]
By Josiahafk 2023-11-16 06:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
I never played the original but am looking forward to Super Mario RPG. I don't have any expectations, just looking for a fun game to play
Did you like the other new one they dropped last month, the wonder thing?
By Felgarr 2023-11-16 07:19:47
Link | Citer | R

Josiahafk said: »

I actually didn't play that either. I played a lot of New Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Maker 2. But I have not tried anything Mario since
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-16 08:40:51
Link | Citer | R

Actually have a funny story about Super Mario RPG.

It was the first SNES game I ever owned myself. My older brother talked me into asking for an N64 game instead, called Armorines, because it had co-op and a cool sci-fi shooter setting. This was for my birthday.

We'd rented Armorines several times before, but it wasn't really what I wanted, and 10 year old me kinda had a breakdown on the way home, so my mom turned around and we returned Armorines so I could get Super Mario RPG instead.

And shortly after that I started to wonder why all the SNES games disappeared from Blockbuster.

It's all garbled in my memory too. I could have sworn I got Super Mario RPG for my 8th birthday, but Armorines didn't come out until winter of 1999 apparently. So it had to be my 10th birthday.

Guess I'm getting old.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-16 08:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Me and moms went to buy some racing game (ridge racer?) from funcoland (gamestop before gamestop) but it was sold out and the clerk talked her into smrpg, weird substitute for a racing game. But he wasn't wrong, it was way better.

Also of course maxed out 255 HP, damage doesn't matter if yo *** is dead. I still pick HP every playthrough cause I have no idea how I'd beat culex without crazy luck if not boosting at least some hp.
By Pantafernando 2023-11-16 11:55:51
Link | Citer | R

I saw very positive comments about the new Mario.

Im not willing to play it though. If i had to play a Mario, I would try picking up where i left off, AkA, Mario 64.

So i would choose Mario Galaxy before anything newer
By Pantafernando 2023-11-16 14:30:00
Link | Citer | R

Im sloppy today.

Working after holidays, with a frigging high temperature, makes for a very low productivity day
By Josiahafk 2023-11-16 17:01:09
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

I saw very positive comments about the new Mario.

Im not willing to play it though.
And this is why cats are better
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-11-16 17:12:38
Link | Citer | R

The Slayers x Langrisser collab started today! Spent all the resources I had saved up and got 2 copies of Zelgadis and 0 of Lina. This is the opposite of what I wanted... ;w;
29 days left to gather anything I have left in the game and hope the gacha gods don't kick me in the *** a third time.
By Draylo 2023-11-16 18:49:42
Link | Citer | R

Sell a figure on ebay for 60 dollar. 10 dollars to ship it, then after tax and fees I make like 25 dollars, cant make it up. Not even worth selling things sometimes.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-11-16 19:22:37
Link | Citer | R

Sell a figure on ebay for 60 dollar. 10 dollars to ship it, then after tax and fees I make like 25 dollars, cant make it up. Not even worth selling things sometimes.
what is your cost in electricity and materials per figurine? maybe there is a way to lower them enough to make it profitable.
First Page 2 3 ... 22495 22496 22497 ... 22709 22710 22711